American Idol 4/8 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol 4/8

G

guinevere

re: the travesty that was last night

I only got home in time to see the last 10 minutes - but that's all that's necessary anyway:p

I am so incredibly bummed out. I had a bad feeling that Carmen would get the underdog vote. As soon as I saw that Rickey was in the bottom 3 instead of Carmen, I knew he was gone - not because he deserved it out of the bottom 3 (out of those 3, Kim C should have gone), but because he doesn't seem to have a huge legion of rabid fans. Kim L doesn't seem to either (as she keeps landing in the bottom 3), but her performance was way too good.

I totally wanted Rickey to make it to the top 4 - thought that if he kept improving as he has each week he could become a serious contender: I think both Clay and Ruben - in a class by themselves in terms of talent and stage presence - are delivering the same performance every week; Trenyce is inconsistent; and Kim L does not have the necessary huge fan base.

At this point, I see Carmen making it to the top 3, maybe even top 2 :rolleyes: . I refuse to believe that people will crown her AI over Ruben. THAT would be a travesty. But she has been given push after push from SImon and the producers (I still think that the last-minute country theme was to save her butt) to keep her there, despite her performances.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And giving Ruben a huge solo was a bit unfair to the others.[/quote]

Since I tuned in late I thought maybe they had done little spots like that for everyone :eek: . And did you notice who was in the video with him? <strong>CARMEN</strong>

guinevere
AI conspiracy qween!

M

Mathman3

Re: re: the travesty that was last night

I wonder about the voting system. You can't vote to kick somebody off. So let's say that Reuben is your favorite, then Ricky. So you vote a bunch of times for Reuben, nobody votes for Ricky, and Ricky's gone.

Now, here's a real conspiracy theory? Everybody in the armed forces has been instructed to vote for Josh. Meanwhile, military intelligence has secretly blocked all incoming calls for everybody else. :eek:

MM

J

Jules Asner

Re: re: the travesty that was last night

Mathman, ITA and I think the producers should have us vote for who to knock off, rather than voting for our favorite. If that was the case, I think Kim and maybe Carmen would be gone by now and that would make me very :D happy indeed. I think the reason you stated is the reason Josh is still around (cuz he's a marine) - he's really starting to vex me, 'specially since he starting turning every song into the country version :rolleyes:

R

rgirl181

Voting Theories

In this case, Mathman, ITA with your voting theories;) Seriously, I think what happened with Rickey, and what will happen from here on, was the "middle risk" phenomenon. People will vote in droves for the best (IMO, Ruben and Clay) to make sure they stay on top and superfans of the worst (IMO, Kim C and Carmen) will vote for them in droves to make sure they stay on. The middle group--Trenyce, Josh, Kim L--will be most at risk, with the possible exception of Josh because of the military thing. At least that's my prediction, which no doubt will be proved wrong next week:lol:
Rgirl
BTW, Mike :rollin: over your "good little Mormon girl singing about being a prostitute." How true!

M

mike79

Re: Voting Theories

That's so true about the middle person being left out. It happened the first week with Vanessa, and now with Rickey. I felt so bad for Rickey. This was the best I've seen him perform. It took guts to perform a Lionel Ritchie song right in front of the originator and he absolutely nailed it and made the song his.

If Ruben and Clay aren't the final 2 there's something seriously wrong with the voting.

C

CB1AB2

Re: My take on 4/8 and tonight

I AGREE WITH EVERYONE ELSE WHO CAN'T BELIEVE THAT RICKY GOT BOOTED OFF INSTEAD OF CARMEN. I THOUGHT SHE WAS AWFUL. I THINK SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE FIRST TO GO. I WASN'T A BIG FAN OF RICKY'S BUT FAIR IS FAIR, HE SHOULD STILL BE ON THE SHOW.

cb

H

heyang

Re: My take on 4/8 and tonight

That was SOOOO Wrong. Now, I have to start voting.

I couldn't believe that Ricky has been eliminated. While I didn't expect him to be in the final 2, he has been so much better than Kim C and Carmen.

DID they forget to include the counts from the previous week? If Carmen, Trenyce and KimL were in the bottom 3 from disco and KimL, Ricky and KimC were bottom 3 this week, Ricky must've gotten no votes for #1 hits to be booted.

Seriously, how could anyone vote for Carmen's performance this past week?

BTW, I thought it looked like Clay and Carmen were kissing at the end of the group number. They've also danced together several times on other shows.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: American Idol 4/8

ok... finally stole some time away for myself to post here! :)

1. Ruben: As always... he won me over with that effortless song with those wonderful dimples.... *sigh*

2. Rickey: I don't get what some people see in that guy's singing *shrugs*

3. Kim L: No one can sing Celine...

4. Clay: *swoons* He's a Christian--S. Baptist to be precise--he's got an awesome personality, and he can flat out SING! I love him! :) My Amerian Idol for sure! That was sooooooo sweet when Randy, Lionel, and Paula all trashed him ( :mad: ) and then Simon told him he was great(take THAT RANDY! :p ) and Clay's face went from head drooping to complete and utter shock... and then his face just lit up! and he said thank you and AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

5. Carmen: First performance I really liked from her... she shouldn't be this far up though IMO

6. Trenyce: I'm so sick of her slurring the words when she can't remember them... good grief!

7. Josh: I loved it... he sang it just like he's supposed to... JOSH IS BACK

8. Kim C: I love the song... I didn't like her butchering attempt

K

Kasey

ARRGHHH

I can't BELIEVE they booted Rickey after his best performance ever! JEEZ.

Carmen...Oh my god, please send this child away! Little miss goody-twoshoes doing Blondie????? WRONG!

Kim C....I love Bryan Adams....Kim, you ain't Bryan Adams! Come on, all the billboard #1 songs in forty odd years, and she picks THAT one? And she didn't even SING it!

Clay....love him, but the last three or four weeks could be interchanged....he always sounds the same. Now, for a while that's a GOOD thing, since he has a fine voice and is very talented. I would love to see him stretch himself more tho....

Kim L.....She did an okay job....but I have always thought it's a boring, overrated song, and so was her performance, in my mind....Wow, what a skank I am, huh??? :)

Josh...Not a big country fan, but he was great! I just think he is limiting himself, and won't make it too far with the "country" niche

Trenyce...not sure what Simon meant by "cabaret"...I thought her voice was beautiful, strong, clear....she's got it going on

Ruben....SIGH. I have NO clue what the big Ruben thrill is. He has a nice, smooth voice. He doesn't seem to have much range. HE also pretty much sounds the same every week. Sure, he seems like a nice guy. If this show were "American Nice Guy", I'd be all for him. I don't see the fascination.

R

RealtorGal

Re: ARRGHHH

<span style="color:green;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Yes, I didn't understand that Cabaret comment at all either.

Is there ANY chance at all this show is fixed? 0] I sure hope not! (Remember "The $64,000 Question" scandal?) I'm enjoying it too much.</span>