Anna Pogorilaya | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Don't know it this is the best choice they could have made. Tango is a good fit for Anna but she already had it before. And if it is Por una Cabeza indeed then this is not the bold pick I was hoping for. Somehow they always tend to downplay her personal charisma in the programs. But let's see Misha Ge's choreo first and hope Anna can become more consistent this season. Best of luck!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, if people can praise Gracie for doing 2 very similar tango programs back-to-back, then they better not criticize Anna ;) I want to be an optimist...I think Misha understands her well & hopefully gave her a good program, and she seems to be one of the people who Morozov clicks with - he did a good job last season. So we'll see.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I did not praise Gracie for doing even one Tango. ;) But I would really like to know who picks Anna's music. Tsareva?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
"Por Una Cabeza" is a very popular tango, that's true so I also wouldn't consider it to be a bold choice. But does a figure skater have to make a bold choice when it comes to choosing music? I don't think so because it should be catchy, the audience has to like it. The most successful skaters are not known for making bold choices. Some do (like Hanyu with his "Seimei" FS last season) but most definitely don't.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The problem I see is that since Anna is not the most extrovert of skaters it is more difficult for the audience/judges to connect to her. This is highly influenced by the music. Last year's SP showed a little bit more of her emotional side, and the public response was quite positive. But let's see what Misha can get out of her with his choreo. Most important in any case will be her consistency.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The problem I see is that since Anna is not the most extrovert of skaters it is more difficult for the audience/judges to connect to her. This is highly influenced by the music. Last year's SP showed a little bit more of her emotional side, and the public response was quite positive. But let's see what Misha can get out of her with his choreo. Most important in any case will be her consistency.
I don't understand your reasoning. You think that Anna is not the most extrovert of skaters and I agree, but to me that's all the more reason to chose a piece of music that the audience can easily connect with. Last season's SP music was catchy. And even Carolina, who's undoubtetly able to handle difficult music, didn't make bold choices in important season. This season is going to be very important for Anna imo, if she's able to grab a medal at Worlds again her chances for the Olympic season are going to be good as well.
So I think this is going to be great and we're going to see it soon! I'm excited and waiting for the videos! :hap10:

sneakers

Match Penalty
scent of a woman in her SP, but shockingly suits her. love her womanly and regal presence on the ice.
she looks in good form too !!!

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
So they did go bold. :) Quite a lot of energy for a tango, judging by the periscope vid, and they put in a nice final with the drums at the end. That's more like it. :agree:

liv

Record Breaker
I like her sp very much... wish she hit the highlights better in the first part, but she finished strong. I think there is a lot of energy there. Very nice..... and for me, I love this tango music very much, so I love the choice.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I like that SP for her a lot! It suits her and she is super hot! But I think some of the elements are misplaced and don't go too well with the music (ex. 1st jump combo). I hope they will change that because it was distracting to me. But I disagree that she has problems engaging with the audience here. I was hooked and crowd seemed hooked too.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
So they did go bold. :) Quite a lot of energy for a tango, judging by the periscope vid, and they put in a nice final with the drums at the end. That's more like it. :agree:
I agree. I think this is going to develop nicely as the season progresses. And I really like her energy level in the SS.

I got a question - what happened to her boots? There's a gray stripe above the sole instead of white leather.

hugo

On the Ice
I agree. I think this is going to develop nicely as the season progresses. And I really like her energy level in the SS.

I got a question - what happened to her boots? There's a gray stripe above the sole instead of white leather.

I think this is a protection (removable) from scratching the leather.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She's looking great! She's seems to have refined her skating without losing her trademark power. Great job Anna! :thumbsup: