Anyone thinking about leaving FS fandom? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Anyone thinking about leaving FS fandom?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
B/Z are just starting and are young. I am sad that the test came from a pair so many liked, including me. I hope that it is cosmetic related, and that this being the beginning of the Olympic cycle, that the partnership is preserved, they do the right thing, and return to competitions once cleared.

Tbh, in Valieva’s situation, it’s the response to it that put me off the most, the unwillingness to do the right thing.

I’m still staying, because I believe that things can get better & I like so many athletes, they give me too much joy.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
i saw the info... it still doesn't matter... it is a violation of the rules.
(y) No argument that it's a violation. I was only trying to make the point that there's a possible legit explanation for using the substance, as opposed to actively taking it for performance enhancement purposes.

If it was contained in some kind of skin med, etc., IMO the skater's doctor should have been much more careful about prescribing or recommending the product.

It's incredible where these things can turn up. It would drive me bonkers if I were an athlete. Last week, Adam Rippon mentioned that US skaters are routinely warned about this and actually get training to increase awareness. That may not be true in other countries.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's possible that if they find Valieva or Baquero gulity after investigation they will need to serve ban as well.
i was replying to @dorispulaski post who mentioned that Johaug had competed in 2022, which is true but her suspension prevented her from participating at the previous games. Valieva and Barquero will probably not be suspended long enough to miss the next games, if they are proven guilty, and both did participate already in the 2022 games (though their results may be nixed). I was simply highlighting that Johaug missed out completely on 2018 games.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
i was replying to @dorispulaski post who mentioned that Johaug had competed in 2022, which is true but her suspension prevented her from participating at the previous games. Valieva and Barquero will probably not be suspended long enough to miss the next games, if they are proven guilty, and both did participate already in the 2022 games (though their results may be nixed). I was simply highlighting that Johaug missed out completely on 2018 games.
Yeah, but she was found guilty in 2016 IIRC? So you maybe right that it won't be the same for these two skaters.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah, but she was found guilty in 2016 IIRC? So you maybe right that it won't be the same for these two skaters.
yes. she was first given a shorter suspension, then it was made longer and she missed the 2018 games... I am not an expert from having followed many cases, I can see these two skaters getting maximum 24 months ban... which would mean they could be at 2026... if they are still in the sport obviously. Bans can also be very short in some cases, 3-6 months.

DreamSkates

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Everyone who competed at Beijing were tested multiple times, and no-one at the games in figure skating had a positive test for doping. Innuendo and suspicion are not "dirty secrets".
I was really referring to the many other things that go on behind closed doors. Watch "Meddling" for one. No to mention another skater tested positive for a banned drug which was a "secret" until she got caught.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought once M Kwan retired I would retire as a fan. Uh uh didn't happen.

I am off Social Media. I just won't partake; I'd rather roll around naked in a toxic waste dump.

I love the sport and talk it up as much as I can. Along with tennis and track, I cannot live without it.

I find that others like it also, not as much as I but they are aware and once I bring it up they will get into it with me in convos.

And yeah I get discouraged but then there's always next season.