Artur Gachinski | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
But who is Artur supposed to "beat"? :confused: Petrov? Comebacking Plushenko? At this point it matters little whether TAT sticks with him. I'm worried the judges aren't waiting anymore.

flutz16

Match Penalty
so Tarasova is now his main coach ?
interesting she left Kovtun for Gachinski given Kovtun's better results

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Alexander Uspenski is his primary coach. And TAT never replaced Kovtun's coach, she just worked with him over the summer, AFAIK.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
But who is Artur supposed to "beat"? :confused: Petrov? Comebacking Plushenko? At this point it matters little whether TAT sticks with him. I'm worried the judges aren't waiting anymore.
I was just referring to the "I can make him skate better than what you did" battle between coaches when a skater switches from a famous coach to another one (the subject of "beat" and "lose" was TAT, not artur of course) ;)
And, she's not his main coach of course: given her age and her health situation, I don't think she'll be ever able to coach anyone full-time again, but we all know how much power she has!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
so Tarasova is now his main coach ?
interesting she left Kovtun for Gachinski given Kovtun's better results

Quite different to what YOU were declaring in all those threads, that he'd gone to the Grim Reaper coach, and his career was done.

I really do not understand all the gloom, people. What I saw in Artur at SkAm was the most promise I've seen in him in years.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I was just referring to the "I can make him skate better than what you did" battle between coaches when a skater switches from a famous coach to another one (the subject of "beat" and "lose" was TAT, not artur of course) ;)
And, she's not his main coach of course: given her age and her health situation, I don't think she'll be ever able to coach anyone full-time again, but we all know how much power she has!
Well, perhaps I need to temper my expectations... Even if TAT just matches what Mishin did--European and World medals--it's probably more than most people are predicting for Artur at this point. I'd be happy about that, even if TAT isn't. :p I just don't want Artur to end up like the other Artur--Dmitriev Jr.--wandering around the wilderness for several years with few results.

Alba

Record Breaker
But who is Artur supposed to "beat"? :confused:

His demons.
I think he is skating and competing for himselg right now. I like that and here I'm hoping he can have a great skate at CoR.
I've seen improvements in his skating. As for the jumps, as Mishin said about Liza.
There are no reasons to believe ( a part from injuries etc) for a skater that has done it in the past can't do it again.

Come on Artur! Fight back! :rock:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Artur's SP from Winter Universiade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr093U9cKvY

The good: No falls, he's going into the LP in second place behind Kozuka. His triple axel remains one of the best in the business, and the footwork was none to shabby either.
The bad: He popped his quad into a triple, then landed his 3Lz tilted and could only get a double off the end. Seemed a bit deflated after the quad attempt.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I thought maybe this being a less high-stakes competition than Nationals, he would be able to relax and perform well...sigh. Well, there's still the FS.

A short interview from today:

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=89644

Arthur Gachinsky: I arrived at the Universiade to do a good work rolling, from which you can make a start in preparing for the next season

Today, February 4, at the XXVII World Winter Universiade in Granada (Spain) started the tournament skaters. The second at the end of the short program competition skater goes medalist and 2011 World Europe 2012 Russian Arthur Gachinsky (73.78 points), which is second only to the Japanese Takahiko Kozuka (77.15). Impressions of his speech Arthur Gachinsky shared with special correspondent of the Agency of the sports information "All Sport" Andrew Kascha.

"Rental Receive an average - said Arthur Gachinsky. - Instead of a quadruple toe loop made triple. And so, everything else performed well enough - it is estimated that probably all on the fourth level. Everywhere everything doderzhat. So - go. It is only necessary to do a quadruple toe loop. About a particular place after the free program I do not think now. I arrived in Granada to make a good work rolling, from which you can make a start in preparing for the next season. Let the judges decide on a place to put me. The competition involved several Asian athletes with whom I had occasion to compete in various tournaments. Serious contenders, but they can fight. "

Arthur Gachinsky also appreciated the quality of the organization of competitions. "To be honest, I can not get used to that fact, we compete in a tent. For the first time with me like that. When I first went to the guys on the ice rink at first did not believe that we will ride here. In the early days it was chilly. But it is now normal. In addition to the ice, there are normal changing rooms, toilets. In general, there is everything you need to athletes ", - concluded Arthur Gachinsky.

Rebeccawoolward

Spectator
I still have high hopes for this guy. I hope he can get to grips with his demons. When he's on, he's really on!!! I'd like to see him enjoy his performances more.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I feel like next season might be "make it or break it." He needs to be competitive against Kovtun, Voronov, Pitkeev, probably Petrov will also be turning senior, maybe Menshov still. I understand he can't change his mental state overnight, but I wonder how much more TAT and co. will be willing to invest in him if he doesn't get it together soon.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
After seeing his Universiade LP, I had to immediately Youtube his 2012 performances. Where did that Artur go? :cry: He was so alive, so committed to his performances.

To be fair, I don't think TAT and co. did him any favours with the music choice this season. Next year, I hope he tries something fun and upbeat again. With the current programs, whenever he makes mistakes, he just winds up looking frustrated and not performing the way we know he could.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thankyou, he sounds positive. I hope he is working with a good psychologist. Is it possible that there are cultural factors at play too?

It seems like he is going to take The Liza Approach :)

I still have faith in him :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I wish him a great season. He has potencial, I also hope he is working with a good psychologist.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He skated a new ex program in Ilia Averbuch's show last week. I think the music is by Muse (not exactly my favorite band, lol.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uAEvZmHeM

Oh, I like this. I've always felt that even before the move to Tarasova, Artur had the best basic skating skills and blade control of the top Russian men, and this sort of reinforces it for me. I wouldn't mind seeing a modified version of this as his SP this season.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
He skated a new ex program in Ilia Averbuch's show last week. I think the music is by Muse (not exactly my favorite band, lol.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uAEvZmHeM
I like the choreography, but something about the timing seems a little... off? :confused: :laugh: Maybe a change in music would do it; like you, I'm all Muse'd out.

I hope that's not his new SP. Call me boring or crazy or whatever, but I'd rather Artur skates to something fun in one program (if he looks like he's enjoying himself again, hopefully the judges will enjoy it too) and something classical for the other program (imo, that just suits him more than a modern song).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Artur's programs for next year will (apparently) be a "dance" for the SP, and "Balada de la trompeta" by Raphael for the LP.

Source: http://www.ifsmagazine.com/sections/articles/articles/32786-inside-russia (Thanks to Batsuchan for the link)

Artur Gachinski was still in town, working with his coach Alexander Uspenski on two new programs: a “dance” short (he didn’t recall the name of the music) and “Balada de la trompeta” by Raphael for the long program.

“Both programs were choreographed by Maxim Staviski and I went especially to Bulgaria to work with him,” Gachinski said. The 2011 World bronze medalist feels ready to attack again after a few unsuccessful seasons. He has not made the team for European and/or Worlds since 2012.

“All my injuries are healed now, and I’m feeling good,” Gachinsky added.