Audience to Hear Tech Panel Calls on Errors | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Audience to Hear Tech Panel Calls on Errors

janetfan

Match Penalty
Why all the fuss over earbuds? If you don't want to listen then don't wear them. Problem solved.

I agree and think having the option is a good idea.

I like to attend Art museum shows and typically have the choice to wear earbuds or walk through the exhibit without them.

Some shows I use them and other times I don't. It depends to an extent how familiar I am with the artist's work and life.

Skating is certainly a different atmosphere than an art show but I can see how buds could be helpful at a skating competition.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Why all the fuss over earbuds? If you don't want to listen then don't wear them. Problem solved.

Because this is a discussion board, and everybody has an opinion, just like everybody has an (insert xrated material here).:biggrin: And if you don't want to hear that opinion, then nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to read.;) Problem solved.:cool:

Back on topic, regards earbuds, I'm not hard of hearing nor have I ever worn them at skating competitions nor skating shows. And I'm not going to start now.

And for the record, I've never had to wear earbuds at rock concerts (though I would have loved to have done so at that one Nirvana concert, as well as some more), nor the ballet (which I attend several times a year), nor any other excursion. Also, my cousin was the director of the Art Gallery downtown in Seattle (by the Pike Place Market), and I never once wore earbuds to any of the shows. There are plenty of brochures to read to get acquainted with the material, which is a given really for any one of the excursions I just wrote about.

The only time I've ever worn earbuds, seriously, was on my plane trips to college, South America, across the USA, and to Jamaica, but that was all by choice so I could listen to the music. :) And, granted, this new earbud thingie at skating competitions is by choice. So no problem, as I stated from the beginning, I choose not to wear them. Problem solved.:cool: