Australian figure skaters | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, congrats to Holly Harris for winning the SP at Triglav Trophy in adv novice, and Amelia Jackson for placing 6th after the SP in juniors! Best wishes to both of them this weekend in their LPs!

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
aussieSKATES will be in Boston from Monday March 28 posting practice reports and daily recaps from our Facebook page.

Here is the link:

facebook.com/aussieskates

GF2445

Record Breaker
So very happy for Holly Harris for a 2nd place finish in the Novice Ladies event at Triglav Trophy. Great to see her score over 100 points total.

Also, great results from Amelia Jackson with a 6th place finish in the Junior Ladies. Again, over 100 points in total.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Kudos to Brendan. Finishing 17th in the SP in the men's event (i.e. The pressure cooker)

Thoughts on something. Brendan says that the quad should be a required element for men's SP.
Well. Considering that now more and more of the middle ranked skaters are doing quads as well sort of pushes the arguement for it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be 4am here in Sudney when Kailani competes so ill wait until the morning.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wasn't able to watch it live, but I did watch Brendan on YouTube and way to go! :biggrin: He did a really great job.

Although one of the earlier skaters really knocked it out of the park, and his technical score looked really low which made me wonder if he'd missed something, but nope.

Good luck in the LP, Brendan, do Australia proud!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Bad luck Kailani.
Wasnt your day today with the judges.
Nevertheless, she did us proud.

I hope she comes back stronger next season, even more ready to move up the standings.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Everyone I've spoken to in the arena thought Kailani was stiffed on PCS. She was electric.

EDIT:

Wanted to add, I was so proud of Brendan, yes he put the hand down on the quad, but he really pulled it together, there were some parts of his practice on Tuesday that were not looking promising, but the last thing he did in the warmup was a beautiful quad, so I was really hoping he would do it, and he did.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sadly, I wasn't able to watch any of the World Championships live - dang time zones! But I recorded it and now I'm home from work I'm watching it.

Maaan, I love watching skating in High-def, it all looks so beautiful. :luv17:

Does anyone know if SBS is going to do this next season? Is there somewhere to email to tell them they totally gotta?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know but they should. I was getting Facebook messages from my sister all through it telling me about her and mum's reactions to it. :laugh:

You guys, BRENDAN WAS GREAT! GREAT GREAT GREAT! Okay, so there were a couple of small mistakes. But he didn't go to pieces, kept fighting, and landed everything, with a bare minimum of pops! And now he's up to 210 for a total score! WOO! :love:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Sadly, I wasn't able to watch any of the World Championships live - dang time zones! But I recorded it and now I'm home from work I'm watching it.

Maaan, I love watching skating in High-def, it all looks so beautiful. :luv17:

Does anyone know if SBS is going to do this next season? Is there somewhere to email to tell them they totally gotta?

Don't actually know. I would think that they will because it was generally well received. I don't think SBS had to pay a lot to the ISU to get the rights. It almost seems like the ISU was trying to find a broadcaster here and SBS took it.
What I would like next year is to not have the ice network feed. I would rather an Australian commentary.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You guys, BRENDAN WAS GREAT! GREAT GREAT GREAT! Okay, so there were a couple of small mistakes. But he didn't go to pieces, kept fighting, and landed everything, with a bare minimum of pops! And now he's up to 210 for a total score! WOO! :love:

Oh...my...gosh, I just went to the results page and I see that Brendan not only kept his place from the SP - 17th, he even beat Maxim Kovtun - a Russian! :points:So exciting to see Aussies doing well on the world stage!

I can't even imagine how exciting it would have been to see it in person - I hope you had an amazing seat! :biggrin:

GF2445

Record Breaker
I had another look at Brendan's FS.
I noticed he did a "Todd Eldridge" with the triple axels. Makting sure he had enough axel jump passes to do 2 3A's, leaving one free JIC he made an error. :)
Nice job

GF2445

Record Breaker
Great way to emd the season.
Brendan wins the mens event at Gardena Spring Trophy. Not perfect but very solid performance.
I hope he is ready to make the next step next season.

Great showing from Holly Harris in the novice ladies' 5th place (3rd in the SP)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The first half of the FS was spectacular. The 4T was even better than at Skate America, the 3A was flawless, the 3F got a bit out of shape but was cleanly landed, the spins and the step sequence were lovely, and he hammered that 3Lz-1Lo-3S for the first time this season. I'd wager the length of his season caught up to him in the middle with the 1A and the 2Lo, but I was super impressed when he threw the second 3A in right as the last jumping pass, and in combination too! Way to go.

You know, I hope he keeps Secrets for next year. It's such a lovely program, it suits him so well, and I think he's well on his way to getting those jumps stabilsed in there. Once that happens they can add in a bit more choreo.

EDIT: Oh lookit, Brendan's FS has made its way to Youtube! I'm still hunting for the SP.

Two new PBs for him (assuming these count, some chat on FSU suggested they should): new high SP score (74) and new high total score (212). He's getting there! I hope he gets a GP!

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
The first half of the FS was spectacular. The 4T was even better than at Skate America, the 3A was flawless, the 3F got a bit out of shape but was cleanly landed, the spins and the step sequence were lovely, and he hammered that 3Lz-1Lo-3S for the first time this season. I'd wager the length of his season caught up to him in the middle with the 1A and the 2Lo, but I was super impressed when he threw the second 3A in right as the last jumping pass, and in combination too! Way to go.

You know, I hope he keeps Secrets for next year. It's such a lovely program, it suits him so well, and I think he's well on his way to getting those jumps stabilsed in there. Once that happens they can add in a bit more choreo.

EDIT: Oh lookit, Brendan's FS has made its way to Youtube! I'm still hunting for the SP.

Two new PBs for him (assuming these count, some chat on FSU suggested they should): new high SP score (74) and new high total score (212). He's getting there! I hope he gets a GP!

If he could get 1 assignment and be at the top of the chain for a second GP with a 20th place finish, he can certainly get 2 with his 17th place.