Best Triple Lutz (Women) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best Triple Lutz (Women)

Who has/had the best Triple Lutz

• Total voters

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
My vote goes to joannie. She has a true lutz and it has been very consistent lately.

Same here. I saw her 3lutz very close at Skate Canada and there was hardly any preparation going into her lutz. She just sprang up to the air and they were big. What really set Joannie apart from other skaters was preparation time into jumps. Most other skaters got very close to the board before takeoff and almost ran out of space.

quikrush

Rinkside
Definitely Yuna. The distance she covers with her Lutz is near incredible and her outside edge is so deep that I actually fear for her ankle when she takes off!

Binthere

On the Ice
Denise Beillman should be given credit for being one of the early ones. Not "the best" but worth including on the list IMO

icyboid

Rinkside
Go figure that the bots put Yu-Na at the top of this poll. She's consistent, but I wouldn't consider her lutz to be the best ever.

My top 3 Lutzes:
1. Ye-Bin Mok - If any lady could've seriously worked on a quad Lutz, it'd be her. She got so much height because she jumps up before pulling in her rotations instead of trying to wrench her upper body around on takeoff.
2. Nancy Kerrigan - IMO she probably had the most secure Lutz edge of any of the ladies. That outside edge was so solid that she could do a shoot-the-duck into a double Lutz.
3. Tatiana Malinina - I once saw her Lutz live and omg it was HUGE!!! My only reason for not placing her first is that at times it seemed almost uncontrolled. However, if I were to teach a casual spectator the difference between a flip and Lutz, she's probably the easiest example to observe.

Axel Rose

On the Ice
Annie Bellemare. Her triple lutz had unbelievable height. She got extra + points while she was competing.

Second to her, I'd say Tatiana Malinina.

jenny

Rinkside
Yuna's Lutz

her Lutz has right outside edge, no prerotation at all, good air position, speed, distance and highness. she jumps like the man. :agree:

Last edited:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
It is interesting because she was on outside edge for her lutz jump for a long time, but afterwards she started flutzing.

I noticed she started flutzing at the 2006 Olympics, but before that Irina defnitely had a beautiful lutz.

vlaurend

Final Flight
Yebin Mok.:rock: I'll admit I'm a bit biased because she used to practice at my rink and I've seen her lutz takeoff from just a few feet away. Cleanest edge I've ever seen! :bow:
I've also been very impressed by Julia Sebestyen's in her heyday (huge!), as well as the current state of YuNa's and Joannie's 3lz's.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Kostner has an excellent one but it's her least consistent jump, and that's a pity because her technique is superb.

Meier has a beautiful one and very consistent. They said she landed her first 3lz when she was twelve.:love:

Sebestyen :bow: how the hell does she get so much height??

janetfan

Match Penalty
I voted for Kristi because she did this jump well into her 30's.

Midori was even better but not on the list.
This is the jump Yuna was falling on at end of '07 and through '08 and is the most likely jump for her to pop or fall on. I dont think it is her best jump, but still great when she does a good one.

delobelfan30

Rinkside
I voted for Kristi because of her amazing consistency and longevity with the jump.

When landed Manley and Harding would be the best.

Sebeysten and Slutskaya both flutzed a bit, and Ito had a horrible wrapped free leg in the air of her lutz.

I would add Volchkova as a candidate.

delobelfan30

Rinkside
Although she wasnt my pick ultimately Ito should be included on EVERY jump poll, while Czisny should NEVER be included on a jump poll, ever, ever, ever. The girl doesnt even have a stable double axel.