Brian Joubert | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

Mia29

On the Ice
The translation is here (from la maison de Joubert)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10525867_721780071252721_5747716010944679543_n.jpg?oh=9079977dd5d0da301006e629383e334d&oe=5538BBC2&__gda__=1430483066_7cc457e35d2d18d806b486283c5b8a09
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10865933_721780181252710_5655195802366965444_o.jpg

Translation of the video "FOI part 1" :
He was happy to help her for the Olympic Games and was happy she has had less pain. He explains they’re not seen a lot since they stopped to compete.
His Japanese fans asked him before why he didn't skate on Friends On Ice.
He likes the little rinks because he’s close to people and he can touch them. It’s more convivial
He thinks the ambiance between skaters in the shows must be fine. If they have fun, the people will feel it and the performance will be better.
He's tense before the galas but when the music begins, he has fun.
He’s often the older when he skates in France, so he’s called “the ancestor” (with respect and humor). He finds well to be the youngest skater, it changes.
He loves the figure skating and the competition. He talks about his career (his beginning in Nagano…). He was happy when new skaters (specially the Japanese) came to high level. The last 2 seasons was difficult physically. He had some pains in his back, knees, hips... It was time to stop.
He learns to know the others skaters. They’re great champions, so he wants to take advantage of it
For him, to skate with Daisuke and Lysacek is a wealth because they have differents skatings and personalities. He was impatient to begin the repetitions.
In 2002, he didn’t like the Japanese food. Now, he likes all because it’s good for health.
He finds it’s always well organized in Japan (galas or competitions). There’s respect for the skaters.
Yagudin was his favorite skater in 2002 and it was for Brian a surprise to go in Olympic Games in 2002 and skate with his favorites skaters. He describes how it was fabulous for him and for France his victory in 2007.

The video of the second part
https://vimeo.com/115771979

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The translation is here
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10525867_721780071252721_5747716010944679543_n.jpg?oh=9079977dd5d0da301006e629383e334d&oe=5538BBC2&__gda__=1430483066_7cc457e35d2d18d806b486283c5b8a09
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10865933_721780181252710_5655195802366965444_o.jpg

Translation of the video "FOI part 1" :
He was happy to help her for the Olympic Games and was happy she has had less pain. He explains they’re not seen a lot since they stopped to compete.
His Japanese fans asked him before why he didn't skate on Friends On Ice.
He likes the little rinks because he’s close to people and he can touch them. It’s more convivial
He thinks the ambiance between skaters in the shows must be fine. If they have fun, the people will feel it and the performance will be better.
He's tense before the galas but when the music begins, he has fun.
He’s often the older when he skates in France, so he’s called “the ancestor” (with respect and humor). He finds well to be the youngest skater, it changes.
He loves the figure skating and the competition. He talks about his career (his beginning in Nagano…). He was happy when new skaters (specially the Japanese) came to high level. The last 2 seasons was difficult physically. He had some pains in his back, knees, hips... It was time to stop.
He learns to know the others skaters. They’re great champions, so he wants to take advantage of it
For him, to skate with Daisuke and Lysacek is a wealth because they have differents skatings and personalities. He was impatient to begin the repetitions.
In 2002, he didn’t like the Japanese food. Now, he likes all because it’s good for health.
He finds it’s always well organized in Japan (galas or competitions). There’s respect for the skaters.
Yagudin was his favorite skater in 2002 and it was for Brian a surprise to go in Olympic Games in 2002 and skate with his favorites skaters. He describes how it was fabulous for him and for France his victory in 2007.

The video of the second part
https://vimeo.com/115771979

Thank you, Mia!

Mia29

On the Ice
Translation of the second part :

He was sad when he saw there were fewer quads. He succeeded the quad for first time when he was 14. He loves the feeling of flying with this jump. He thinks he didn’t make lot of errors on the quads because he succeeded it young. He learned the quad easily (after the second attempt). He worked a combination quad/quad but it was too dangerous for his ankle and his knee.

For him, the figure skating is fabulous because there’s no limit (2/3/4 quads…). He dreamed to make three differents quads. He succeeded at training but never tried in competition. He’s happy that the new generation makes lot of quads.
The quad is the easier jump for him. He loved the triple axel but wasn’t regular. He says the triple axel and triple lutz was a hell to work.

He had difficulties with the changes of system (components..). He isn’t supple, so it was difficult to work the spins. Finally, he’s happy because he has progressed like skater and it was a good thing.
He’s happy to stop. He hasn’t lot of trainings, rigor. He’s happy to have a contact with people. He loves the galas One of the reasons is than he’s free, there’s no rules.

He was interested by pairs in 2003. His mother said him to do it after the worlds of 2010, he wasn’t agree, he wanted to continue in individual. He makes two tests and during them, do lot of lifts. It’s the reason he has developed his shoulders and his arms, his thighs. For him, it’s totally different of the individual discipline. For example, it’s difficult to do a triple with someone. He can’t improvise. He hopes to come back on the ice this year (he says the next year but it was filmed in 2014) with a partner. It’s a challenge and it could help him like trainer.

He wants to become a trainer in France. He loves his country. He knows that if he becomes a trainer in France, he will not earn lot of money but it’s doesn’t matter. His sport is a passion. In Poitiers, they built a new rink and helped him to succeed like sportman but will help him like trainer too.

He’s impressed by the the physical appearance of the skaters, how it changed. They were muscular and tall and now, little and thin. He‘s happy to see the quads and the skaters take some risks. He feels not able to do like Hanyu for example. He’s confident for the future of the figure skating.

He has heard often he couldn’t progress after 23/24. He’s not agreed and find it stupid. He thinks a skater can progress artistically even if it’s more difficult to make some quads. A skater can improve his glide. It was more pleasant for him to do the competitions at 29 than at 20. He had less stresses. He hopes to show that skaters can have a long career and do beautiful things during it. He hopes the young will not stop early after a world or olympique title

He loves his sport and hopes that some great skaters will be born. He hopes to give a good image of the figure skating.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you Mia29 for all that you do! :bow:

Good for Brian for wanting to keep going even at the "old" age of 29. I am a strong supporter of more mature skaters. :cheer: So many of them don't even get into their groove until they are in their mid-20s. They are almost always more confident and more consistent (barring injuries) than the young ones, and the artistry usually improves as they get older too.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, Mia - that was so beautiful and moving to me!

@gallavich - I love a mix of older and younger skaters; I'm also greedy - I don't replace favourites - I only add on to them. I love to see a mix of young fresh exuberance and the maturity and assurance only experience can give. And all stages in between! :)

Mia29

On the Ice
What I liked the most in the second part, it’s when he uses the word “passion” when he talked about to be a trainer and about his sport. I didn't like how Nathalie Péchalat talked about the job of trainer recently. Even if it’s not well payed and there are lot of disadvantages, I think the most known skaters should try to talk about the job the most positively without hide the reality.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
@gallavich - I love a mix of older and younger skaters; I'm also greedy - I don't replace favourites - I only add on to them. I love to see a mix of young fresh exuberance and the maturity and assurance only experience can give. And all stages in between! :)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the younger skaters, too. And yes, I have many favorites - never could understand those who are fixated on one skater only. I like to see different styles, and if someone is having a bad season, there are others who are having good ones, which makes things less depressing. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as the saying goes. :) But I have a special admiration for the tenacity of the ones that stick around in this sport...I really don't know how they do it.

LRK

Record Breaker
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the younger skaters, too. And yes, I have many favorites - never could understand those who are fixated on one skater only. I like to see different styles, and if someone is having a bad season, there are others who are having good ones, which makes things less depressing. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as the saying goes. :) But I have a special admiration for the tenacity of the ones that stick around in this sport...I really don't know how they do it.

Oh, I agree with you! Even skaters who aren't my cup of tea necessarily, I admire for their longevity, and for not giving up. I didn't mean to sound as if I disagreed with you; just adding on to what you said, one thought leading to another, so to speak. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
What I liked the most in the second part, it’s when he uses the word “passion” when he talked about to be a trainer and about his sport. I didn't like how Nathalie Péchalat talked about the job of trainer recently. Even if it’s not well payed and there are lot of disadvantages, I think the most known skaters should try to talk about the job the most positively without hide the reality.
Mia, do you have any news if Brian will join Plushy in the next Snow King instalation? I mean those that will be not in Russia.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The full Christmas on Ice show with all the skaters is now on Dailymotion. Here's part one. Brian's program starts at about 41:52. He skates to "Christmas Lights."

Part two should have Kristoffer's program, but I didn't have time to watch it yet.

Mia29

On the Ice
A message from Brian about the victims of the terror attack in Paris

Joubert Brian @BrianJoubert · 2 h il y a 2 heures
Je pense aux familles des victimes de l attentat d hier. JE SUIS CHARLIE

Translation : I think to the families of the victims from the terror attack of yesterday. I'm Charlie

More funniest, Katarina Gerboldt put some photos with him the last days on Instagram
http://i.instagram.com/p/xk_wERGSjw/?modal=true
http://i.instagram.com/p/xk88vVmSvq/?modal=true
http://i.instagram.com/p/xhiWZPmSpv/?modal=true
http://i.instagram.com/p/xfNKmMGSl2/?modal=true
http://i.instagram.com/p/xfDgnxGSju/?modal=true

Last edited:

Mia29

On the Ice
We never know but I doubt after Gailhaguet's last interview in December. I don't see him to let Brian leave France. Brian is a good way to communicate for him :rolleye: