Buying used skates? | Golden Skate

Buying used skates?

anna429

Spectator
Hello!

So I have made the extremely stupid mistake of forgetting to pack my skates in the checkin luggage before my flight, and I was forced to bid them farewell at airport security (it was a cross-continent international flight, so the airport shipping service price was ridiculously high - about 350 in USD; plus I had been skating in Edea Overture for 2 years and was considering upgrading to Chorus).

When I’m checking skate purchasing options, I found that the majority of online sellers in my country don’t have my size available for either Overture or Chorus :( However I did find someone on eBay who sells a pair of Chorus +MK pro blades, and the price is 40% cheaper than the few options I have for beans new skates. The seller claims that they have only skated in that pair of skates for about 3 months/40 hours and haven’t had the need to sharpen the blades yet before they had to switch to another pair of boots, so I would assume that it is still fairly new.

Since I haven’t buyed used boots before and none of my friends did either, I would really appreciate it if anyone could take a look at the pics to see if there might be any major problem with the skates!

anna429

Spectator
Adding the rest of the pictures because only 2 media files are allowed for the original post:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Why in the top post is it MK blades but bottom pics is paramount blades?!

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Also, would you be willing to share the eBay link?

anna429

Spectator
Adding on to that, are there two different blades on the skates? Are you sure that's the only difference between the two?
Sorry for not sharing this pic earlier (it would take an additional reply), but it does show that the two blades are identical MK Professional.

Minz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sorry for not sharing this pic earlier (it would take an additional reply), but it does show that the two blades are identical MK Professional.

Cool, thanks. I didn't see that you had already replied to Ic3Rabbit when I asked.

Also, by any chance do you have the eBay link? Just to look at a few things? I searched on eBay, but I can't seem to find anything.

anna429

Spectator
Also, would you be willing to share the eBay link?
Apologies again! I’m using the term eBay for ease of explanation - the platform I’m using actually is the equivalence of eBay in my country, as ebay is unavailable here. The seller has sent me their proof of purchase and I believe that the skates are from a credible source.

Minz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Apologies again! I’m using the term eBay for ease of explanation - the platform I’m using actually is the equivalence of eBay in my country, as ebay is unavailable here. The seller has sent me their proof of purchase and I believe that the skates are from a credible source.
No worries!
Would you mind telling us the name of the platform?