Can someone ID the skater in this pic for me? | Golden Skate

Can someone ID the skater in this pic for me?

R.D.

Record Breaker
ParkersAngel said:
Looking at it I believe it is Sasha...but I can't be 100%. It just reminds me of her layback.

That was my first impression, too...but I'm not even close to being sure.

I don't think it's MK because of the hairstyle. Kwan's hair is longer I believe.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Definitely not Michelle. She hasn't performed with a pony tail since she was 14, and I can't recall her ever skating with the stockings-over-the-boot look. I would say that is Sasha based purely on the way her wrists are bent.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Looks like Kwan doing one of the Disney shows...probably something from MULAN if her hair is like that.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Did all the "looking and PS work I can handle on that one. It really doesn't fit Sasha's body type, and the angel gives a multitude of possibilities with the fact the "heavy blur" eliminates depth of field.

I am hoping that the aspect ratio is true and going with Michelle in 2004 COI. The outfit matches. And the hair could be at that "straight on angle" prohibiting length clarification. If it is her in the Mulan, I have no idea what she would wear that for or how the "COI Arches" would fit into that scenario.

But really a pic that "out-a-whack" I am curious why you care?:scratch:

IDLERACER

Medalist
HERE is a picture from the 2002 olympics in which she appears to be wearing the same outfit, although the skates are over the stockings.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was looking more from scapula or shoulder and the waist /ribcage area width. But she is at a slight angle that may be deceivingly make her look wider?

http://www.hwbhost.com/images/sasha5084675.jpg

Plus the 2004 COI outfit - closest match I could find (dress and event ambiance) - didn't match with Sasha, hers was darker - then again the lighting????? I was thinking - but not for long:p - it could be Jamie, but why?

Still, wonder why RD wants to know - I guess for the same reason I do now.....thanks "dawg.":cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
That pic is DEFINITELY from 2006 COI. That I know. What I don't know is which skater it is, but I think I agree that it's likely to be Cohen. But herein lies the "problem"- many other skaters have her "body type" also...could it be Kimmie as well?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Never mind...over at MKF the actual photographer of the picture just confirmed that it's Cohen. Thanks anyway for your efforts :) greatly appreciated...

(this thread can be closed now if necessary)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Glad you sorted this out - I was going to say it can't be Michelle, I don't think I have ever seen her do a layback spin as well as Sasha. Her back is not as flexible. This looks like a Sasha spin to me.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I gave you tons of Olympic photos from my collection, and many candids of Lipinski, Kwan and Cohen- what more could you possibly want? :cool: ;)

diver chick

On the Ice
Looks a little like Katerina Gordeeva to me but she is not in COI is she? Plus I don't think she wears over the boot tights.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
I gave you tons of Olympic photos from my collection, and many candids of Lipinski, Kwan and Cohen- what more could you possibly want? :cool: ;)

You are very generous, Thank You!!!!!!

Sorry I was off on my guess, but I guess you have you answer anyway - first though was SC but didn't think you of all people wouldn't know. You seem to be the "Picture Master" with incredibly HD photos where you can see the veins in Sasha's arms. Again VERY Generous :bow: (got any Peggy, Nancy,....J/K;) )

As for questioning why you wanted to know, I should have said why would you want to keep it - but that is a great layback blurry or not. After posting the pic of Sasha I had, I really started wondering because they looked so similar. Ah, that illusive hindsight - wheres the :banging: . I also started looking at more pics of her and never noticed how muscularly defined she is - arms and shoulders in particular. She may have a young face, but her physic is definably woman now. Not as "twiggy" as I have defined in my head. "First sight syndrome."

Anyway, Thanks again for the brain teaser and all your generosity with the pics in the past!!!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
No problem. Glad you enjoy them.

Actually, since you bothered to ask, I do have photos of Nancy and Peggy, but they are not HQ. In fact, the vast majority of the photos in my collection are regular size (or small).

Yes, looking at HQ photos highlights features in skaters you wouldn't otherwise see. Makes things a little more interesting.

If I have any more photos with obscure skaters, you bet I'll post em here ;)