My skates are too big, what can i do?😅 | Golden Skate

My skates are too big, what can i do?😅

angelinamrkd

Spectator
Hi,
A while ago i bought new skates from Edea (chorus). Where I live they only sell figure skates in two stores in our whole country, so when I needed skates we drove all the way to the nearest shop which was luckily only a couple hours away. I got fitted and bought the edea chorus in 255. Turns out they’re too big, when I look at the sole I have at least 1 cm, and my feet don’t grow anymore. Any tips to what I can do? I’ve had them for a while now thinking that it would be fine but they are too big and I’m noticing it more now, especially when jumping. I can’t afford new skates in any near future, so are there anyone who has tips to something I can use to make them fit better? Maybe som kind of sole? Hope someone can answer! And also if anyone has a pair of edea chorus or concerto in 250 or 245 and maybe would like to swap? Let me know😅

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
There are certain inserts that can be put into skates, but ideally, you want to have the skates fit relatively well. You say that you were fitted - was it by a professional? Did they measure and/or trace your feet?

angelinamrkd

Spectator
There are certain inserts that can be put into skates, but ideally, you want to have the skates fit relatively well. You say that you were fitted - was it by a professional? Did they measure and/or trace your feet?
Yes i totally agree and would just buy new skates if i could😅 Just looking for a temporal solution since they’re not dangerously big either. Yes, I was fitted and measured by a professional, but she must have assumed that my feet were still growing.. Do you have any links or names for the inserts? Couldn’t find anything myself😊

Elija

On the Ice
Yes i totally agree and would just buy new skates if i could😅 Just looking for a temporal solution since they’re not dangerously big either. Yes, I was fitted and measured by a professional, but she must have assumed that my feet were still growing.. Do you have any links or names for the inserts? Couldn’t find anything myself😊
Is it possible to have them exchanged by the fitter? Sounds like it was their error. Worth asking!

Anima

Spectator
Hi,
A while ago i bought new skates from Edea (chorus). Where I live they only sell figure skates in two stores in our whole country, so when I needed skates we drove all the way to the nearest shop which was luckily only a couple hours away. I got fitted and bought the edea chorus in 255. Turns out they’re too big, when I look at the sole I have at least 1 cm, and my feet don’t grow anymore. Any tips to what I can do? I’ve had them for a while now thinking that it would be fine but they are too big and I’m noticing it more now, especially when jumping. I can’t afford new skates in any near future, so are there anyone who has tips to something I can use to make them fit better? Maybe som kind of sole? Hope someone can answer! And also if anyone has a pair of edea chorus or concerto in 250 or 245 and maybe would like to swap? Let me know😅
1 cm is a huge difference in length - sounds like they did not do a good fitting job for you at all. A too-large boot makes it all MUCH more difficult, and the blade length might be wrong too. Swap is a good idea -check out ebay. I'm not a pro, but have skated a long time, and I do have skates that are too big [friend de-accessioned] that I thought would be great, and my foot does not even move around inside, but just not right to use well. You can tell a lot from taking the insole out, and from looking at the boot makers' size sites.