Celebrating 2022's gay Olympians! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Celebrating 2022's gay Olympians!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Filippo Ambrosini
Kevin Aymoz
Jason Brown
Guillaume Cizeron
Lewis Gibson
Timothy LeDuc
Paul Poirier
Simon Proulx Sénécal
Eric Radford

I wish all of them to be treated fairly and without any predujice!

There is an article about LGBTQ+ community at Olympics: https://www.outsports.com/olympics/...ijing-winter-olympics-lgbtq-gay-athletes-list It's nice except they are saying there was no gay out Winter Olympian prior to 2018 Olympics, and we all know Eric Radford was openly gay already at 2014.

Actually Eric did not come out publicly until December 2014, after the Sochi games, which was a deliberate choice.

Do we have public acknowledgements for Filippo and Simon? I can add them to the OP:hap10:ETA: Although I see they are listed in the article, so I will go back and add them.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I am sad to see that my post on this subject was removed. It was personal and the truth about my experience as a gay athlete and performer. I hope that young skaters know that their real fans will support them no matter which path they're on.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am sad to see that my post on this subject was removed. It was personal and the truth about my experience as a gay athlete and performer. I hope that young skaters know that their real fans will support them no matter which path they're on.
:ghug: We love you @mrrice : what matters I would believe, is that this thread remains a celebration of gay olympians.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
While I understand the choice of the mods to remove the posts of those who did not come in here in good faith, I still think it is very important to know why USFS posted the statement they did and that the post explaining why should have remained.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I agree, it's difficult to have a real discussion if only one side of the subject is allowed to be heard. Not all gay people have the same experiences and maybe one can learn from what someone else has been through.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree, it's difficult to have a real discussion if only one side of the subject is allowed to be heard. Not all gay people have the same experiences and maybe one can learn from what someone else has been through.
the issue here I fear is that some people were just out of line. It wasn't a productive conversation and in any case, this thread is a celebration thread not a debate... (I am not a moderator obviously, just stating my opinion)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
the issue here I fear is that some people were just out of line. It wasn't a productive conversation and in any case, this thread is a celebration thread not a debate... (I am not a moderator obviously, just stating my opinion)
In addition, when the moderators remove offensive posts, they also remove replies that quote them, no matter how innocuous or valuable those replies are.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is sad that this is even an issue in this day and age. The accomplishments of all athletes should be celebrated for athletic and artistic excellence. No one should go through bullying, discrimination, harassment. I wish all competitors the best that they do not need to deal with politics, stereotypes, discrimination or whatever. Rather in this case they can all skate their very best as a respected hardworking athlete and human being. I would love to meet some of these athletes mentioned not because they are gay or for that matter not gay but rather because they seem like genuinely interesting people and all worthy of respect. Mrrice I am sorry to hear that you have not always had such a smooth journey. I am sure you are a wonderful person. I am sorry for what you have gone through Go people Go. Do and be the best you can be.