Championnats Québécois d'été 2022 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Championnats Québécois d'été 2022

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
But where she is getting edge calls on her Flip would she be better doing a different jump instead of the 2nd flip.
She did get called for the Flip edge indeed. However, that doesn't mean that she always will be called for it. There could be more lenient panels and/or she could fix the issue over time.

Perhaps they have figure out it's best to do this for now, in the hope that it will get better and that way, in a while, she has a very strong jump content? I don't know... who wants to ask Joanne ? HAHA

Often, it's a numbers' game... Kara does 2a-2a. She could simply split those two and do a 3t on the back of one of them... but they probably think it's best number wise to go for it... The good news for her is that the junior SP required jump is the loop... so she should position herself well as her 3lz-3t, though it's not pretty, it's pretty solid.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
To avoid confusion : Antony Pard, pre-novice won his category. Anthony Paradis, junior, won his category as well though Shohei Law won the LP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ariano-Kent/Leduc, better than yesterday. They need to work on their Death spiral which won't count like in the SP. Their first lift was Base Value but the other one showed up at level 4... Twist is also B and double. The jumps were more solid this time (2a, 2rf-2t)... they were behind the music so the pair spin at the end finished quite a lot after... Only one fall on the throw double lutz. Again, better than yesterday.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kemp/Elizarov
They are a bit more mature than Kent/Leduc though I am not liking their lifts. His pivots seem dangerous. Throws were good. SBS jumps, she missed the 3S but they did a good 2a-2t.
They had a major issue = fall, in the pair spin. I had not seen this in a long time.. must be a freak accident.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is my sound out of sync with the video; I was hearing introduction of judges and the first round of seniors and watching replays of juniors?:scratch2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is my sound out of sync with the video; I was hearing introduction of judges and the first round of seniors and watching replays of juniors?:scratch2:
cannot help you here... mine is fine and i took a break in between ;) but often they do announce judges and senior skaters to come, before they have scored the juniors... especially when there is no flood in between.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, they're in sync now. (the sounds and the video). I think that is what they did.

Now that I know they are young, I hope Émy and Bryan grow more, despite their errors here. Something personally appealing about them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Emy and Bryan have time to develop.. They have improved so much over the last few months (and they have a good coach)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
By comparison, Elisabeth and Daniel are about 3 years older each than Emy and Bryan (respectively 2002 versus 2006, 1997 versus 2000)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I can see that Elizabeth and Daniel are more polished. Good save on the throw jump. But was that an issue with a lift, or part of their choreo? I admit to being distracted from time to time. ;)

And where are the coaches in the KnC?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, I can see that Elizabeth and Daniel are more polished. Good save on the throw jump. But was that an issue with a lift, or part of their choreo? I admit to being distracted from time to time. ;)

And where are the coaches in the KnC?
sorry... i was watching diving ;) i missed them altogether LOL :) priorities.... Commonwealth games... final day of competitions.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lori-Ann saved some throws here.... not able to save the SBS jumps though... The twist was scary... The lifts were amazing !

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not watching diving, but do occasionally have other priorities. ;)

The non-jump elements for Lori-Ann and Thierry are so good, but oof, the falls. Plus, I had to mute the music. I thought only American junior men skated to bad emo music sung by not great men singers.:eek:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know it's early in the season but I have to say I am a bit disappointed. I was perhaps hoping for too much progress :) because I just like these two so much.... However, what has made me a fan (aside from these amazing lifts) has been the great programs they usually have... not this season I am afraid... a bit generic.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not watching diving, but do occasionally have other priorities. ;)

The non-jump elements for Lori-Ann and Thierry are so good, but oof, the falls. Plus, I had to mute the music. I thought only American junior men skated to bad emo music sung by not great men singers.:eek:
i didn't see falls just very messy landings on the toes... and a pop on the salchow.. :) but yeah... i agree with the music... this is disappointing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They are still relatively young... (1999, 1997)... but it's time for them to get into a more stable groove