Championnats Québécois d'été 2022 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Championnats Québécois d'été 2022

auser

Record Breaker
Glace 3 will soon present junior women gr 2... which may be interesting (perhaps more than the senior women on glace 4... )

the final flight includes Volkova, Yun, Bombardier and Miclette
Taking your advice and switching to Glace 3

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@auser are you still watching? went to glace 3 and it seems like it's a flood or something... was wondering if we were approaching the final flight.... watching soccer right now but could double duty

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
for those interested : 2 more skaters then, warm-up, then final flight on ice 3 of junior women group 2

this final group includes Aleksa Volkova, Fiona Bombardier, Kara Yun and Justine Miclette.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Volkova : she had all sorts of problems with her jumps... pop, falls, etc... She is also telegraphing them. We will have to see how she develops. Some nice spins.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Ouch that was a nasty fall... ooh no another one

I remember this program, and not for a good reason. There are three pieces of music that have nothing to do with each other (and of course a bad cover in true Canadian style) but at least the costume is very pretty

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I really like Kara's basic skating. It's a shame she has to fight so much for some of the jumps, but hopefully they'll get easier with time.
(Negative points for Papa Can You Hear Me)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kara Yun : made on the usual Champs model (mira leung, sara temura) Quick rotation, a bit muscled jumps. Gets most of the job done and really, at this point, I don't think any other Canadian woman, senior/junior is attempting 2x3Lz and 2X3F in the LP. Very ambitious !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Justine left some points on the ice... but should win this.. Her jumps are much nicer to look at, even when she missed :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wow... i cannot believe it... it's almost 10pm... i started streaming at 11am... almost 11 hours.. (with some breaks LOL) but that's what we can call the beginning of figure skating season !!!!

yesterday

Record Breaker
Just watched a pleasant program from Antony Pard on Glace 3.

and they messed up his name because it's Anthony Paradis he is the junior national champion if I recall correctly

I just went through all the results pdf so far and found this-
so I guess Pard was correct?

Pre-Novice Men (Évé. 44 - 46) Short Program
1 Antony Pard Amos AT 37.02
vs.
Junior Men (Évé. 42 - 19) Short Program
1 Anthony Paradis Mille-Îles LO 62.84
both won their short, but it's two different guys at different age from different places

(https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/RES_44.pdf)
(https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/RES_42.pdf)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just went through all the results pdf so far and found this-
so I guess Pard was correct?

vs.

both won their short, but it's two different guys at different age from different places

(https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/RES_44.pdf)
(https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/RES_42.pdf)
OH ! So @auser was watching pre-novice? HAHA... thanks for the info! I had watched Anthony Paradis and thought they had messed up his name... which happens from time to time
Sorry for creating such confusion :) I guess I am a rusty fan :)

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Kara Yun : made on the usual Champs model (mira leung, sara temura) Quick rotation, a bit muscled jumps. Gets most of the job done and really, at this point, I don't think any other Canadian woman, senior/junior is attempting 2x3Lz and 2X3F in the LP. Very ambitious !
But where she is getting edge calls on her Flip would she be better doing a different jump instead of the 2nd flip.