Chan returning in 2015! aims for the Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Chan returning in 2015! aims for the Olympics

kimganos

On the Ice
inflation/Hanyuflation or not, I don't realle care as long as we have someone who can fight against Hanyu and give us exciting battles with top notch skating :bow:

:thumbsup: Chan and Hanyu are currently the two best male skaters in the world today!

iceberg

On the Ice
^ And Machida if he would have not retired.

Oh gosh Hanyu vs Machida vs Chan. I could just imagine. :bow:

kiara_bleu

On the Ice
This is going to be interesting...Hanyu right now is the golden boy of figure skating. The fact that of all the Olympic gold medalists he was the only one (also Julia Lipinskaia but she has been struggling) to compete this season despite struggling with injuries has probably given him kudos points. I wonder what the narrative is going to be for Patrick Chan when he comes back. For the last quad he was the anointed one, highly expected to get gold at Sochi, with Hanyu, Denis Ten, and Javier being seen as the upstarts. I'm curious how Patrick Chan will respond to finally having a legitimate rival.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Might be good for Chan since he didn't seem to handle the pressure of being the anointed one very well at times.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It is good because we could see a big number like 300+ in the near future. ;)

It is bad because we shouldn't have even got over 100 for the SP yet.

I suppose they could always have a competition to see who can fall the most times and still get the highest score.

nguyhm

On the Ice
I'm excited that Patrick is coming back although I'm hoping that he comes back with a much "positive" state of mind and approach. Watching him falter was exhausting.... Wishing him a good season in 2015-2016.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

I suppose they could always have a competition to see who can fall the most times and still get the highest score.

Stay pressed.

leolion11

On the Ice

Hahaha nope Yuzuru deserved 100+ for his Olympics SP. Are you trying to say he didn't? :rolleye:

It'll be interesting to see how this rivalry turns out. Hope that Patrick can win a 4th world title (with good skating) and maybe the Olympic title (maybe that's too much to ask for) :slink:

Last edited:

oriquey

Final Flight

Well...that Sochi SP by Hanyu was really something. His skating was so smooth and easy to the eyes and although I hate the music, I think he interpreted it well. IMHO 100+ points was well deserved. No one in the sport, who commented on it, disputed the 100 points and some even deconstructed the scoring and justified it. I can see how some of the judging for his other performances may be flawed (e.g COCgate) but that Sochi performance was amazing. In any sport, there will always, always be disagreements especially in a sport that is very subjective. But, to talk about it would mean that we'll be talking until the cows come home.

Well...to Patrick, I will say welcome back. Let the battle for 2018 begin.

Last edited:

iceberg

On the Ice
He just gotta need to lose a bit of his drama bones and be man enough to just let loose of the negative thinking and he'll be perfection!

oriquey

Final Flight
Nam saw PChiddy and JButt at the Cricket last week. Are they working on a new programme for next season together? :D I love JButt's choreography for PChiddy.

JayW

Final Flight
He just gotta need to lose a bit of his drama bones and be man enough to just let loose of the negative thinking and he'll be perfection!

Nope, nope! His big mouth is part of the fun. Yes, it is bit annoying every once a while, but at leaset, I don't have to psychoanalyze his words, his thought is straight out of his mouth.

yay

On the Ice
Glad it's confirmed now. Missed his curves, you know. :biggrin:

i also practice quad jumps'
I wonder what kind of content we will see. Whether he aims to challenge Hanyu technically or not.

I love JButt's choreography for PChiddy.
The Elegie was fantastic indeed. I think he'll stick to Jeff for his SP, just like Yuzuru did.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Please no, not Buttle choreography, that's one of the things that really held him back last time. I'd like to see him explore with Christopher Dean, the exhibition program he constructed for him was pretty brilliant.

Last edited: