Christmas at Rockefeller Center (NYC) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Christmas at Rockefeller Center (NYC)

Eeyora

Final Flight
I for one wished they showed more of Sarah's skating than Vanessa Williams close-ups.

S

SkateFan4Life

Eeyora said:
I for one wished they showed more of Sarah's skating than Vanessa Williams close-ups.

Me, too. But after all, Vanessa was Miss America 20 years ago - before Sarah was born! She sang to "Silver and Gold", a piece that seemed quite appropriate for Sarah to skate to. :biggrin:

S

SkateFan4Life

IDLERACER said:
As one of the few heterosexual males who regularly posts here, I would just like to say that I, for one, happen to prefer her new "form," and after Kristi, Oksana & Tara, it's a nice change of pace to finally have another person with a Katarina body type as the current olympic gold medalist. :love: In a few years from now, when she does a Playboy spread, I'll be the first to purchase a copy. :biggrin:

That was quite a statement you made about being "one of the few hetersexual males who regularly posts here." How can you possibly deduct what everyone's personal preferences are by their posts??

As for Katarina's "body type", remember that she was quite slender at the 1988 Winter Olympics. She has put on some weight and inches during the years that followed, as she obviously doesn't need to train as vigorously as she did in her eligible days.

I'd be surprised if Sarah Hughes poses for "Playboy". It doesn't quite fit the mold of the image of American women figure skaters. On the other hand, I could see Tonya Harding posing for that magazine. She has nothing to lose, image-wise.

IDLERACER

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
That was quite a statement you made about being "one of the few hetersexual males who regularly posts here." How can you possibly deduct what everyone's personal preferences are by their posts?? I'd be surprised if Sarah Hughes poses for "Playboy". It doesn't quite fit the mold of the image of American women figure skaters. On the other hand, I could see Tonya Harding posing for that magazine. She has nothing to lose, image-wise.
Actually, I don't know what the exact membership statistics are, but I'm sure it's something like less than 2% male. Tonya Harding might not have anything to lose image-wise, but Playboy sure would if they used her. Ten years ago, it was the Penthouse people who released the video "Tonya & Jeff's Wedding Night." I'm sure they made her an offer back then, but nowadays, the only offers she's likely to get along those lines would be from a few obscure biker magazines. :p

S

SkateFan4Life

IDLERACER said:
Incidentally, I was able to stop in at the Healthsouth Center on my lunch break today. Nothing really unusual going on. Frank Carroll and Ken Congemi were both on the ice, coaching five different skaters in tandem, of which Yebin Mok and Evan Lysacek were the only two I recognized. One of the other skaters was this slightly chubby little girl who looks about 14, but has a killer double lutz jump. I have no idea what her name is, but If she ever makes it to television, I'll be able to say "I Saw Her When."

Wow - what a great way to spend your lunch hour! Actually, I should start frequenting the local rink in my area, where Mya Usova is one of the coaches.

SkateFan4Life said:
That was quite a statement you made about being "one of the few hetersexual males who regularly posts here." How can you possibly deduct what everyone's personal preferences are by their posts?
SkateFan, Idle is just the only one who will admit it, LOL. :laugh:

MM

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
SkateFan, Idle is just the only one who will admit it, LOL. :laugh:

MM

:sheesh: I won't touch that one with a ten-foot pole. :rofl: