Colored boots - yes or no? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Colored boots - yes or no?

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
Artekgwent - oh my gosh, I am so bummed for you!!!! :cry: I have been talking about your boots nonstop now for two days. When I told my husband your news, he sighed and said, "well the silver lining is that now I don't have to hear about those dang purple boots any more." Oops, guess I got a bit obsessive about them!

Well here's hoping that the Klingbeil's they send you have loads of awesome single, double, and triple jumps loaded into them, even if they won't have color.

Sigh.

soogar

Record Breaker
Why can't Klingbeil just order more purple leather? What about dying the leather?

artekgwent

Rinkside
Soogar asked about the leather...

It would cost a lot to special order the leather & I might have to wait really, really long. I didn't even ask how much, because I'm already spending SOOOO much to get custom boots. The whole way this started was because I asked how much extra color costs...they said, HTIS particular color would be free since they had this particular piece of left over lavender color leather.

However, about dying the leather...I've already thought about that, and there IS a place in midtown Manhattan (that's where I am) that could possibly do that. However I have to be careful that anything that is done to the boots doesn't soften or otherwise affect the leather. So I will wait & see about that after I've gotten the boots. I'm not holding my breath though. This seemed like just a lucky opportunity when it happened...not I feel like it just wasn't meant to be.

But maybe I SHOULD call one more time (I've been really bugging them a lot!) & find out what it would cost to special order...

artekgwent

Rinkside
Soogar -

I just called & talked to Lorraine at Klingbeils a bit more. (I think we've had at least 8 conversations about these boots!). By the way, they are really just the absolute nicest people to deal with.

She said that in fact they tried to order another piece of the leather so that I could have the boots in lavender (and they weren't going to charge me - isn't that great!). But they stopped making it in that color just because they were having these problems with the imperfections. She said they would normally have gotten 3 pairs out of the leather, but that in making the first pair they used even more than usual because of the flaws...then it tunred out that so much of the rest was also flawed that not even one pair more could be made. They didn't realize that when they offered it to me.

They use a special kid leather which she said cannot be dyed; it wouldn't take the color. And as I thought it might also damage the boots.

OK, it's over, I'm getting white boots, I gotta mentally move on now...

Purple boot covers, here I come!

I think we can retire this thread now!!!!