Compulsory Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance

casken

On the Ice
P&B - precise and nice style, but I wasn't as impressed as I expected.

6th! I wasn't expecting them to be ahead of F&S.

3 spots for France is within reach. They're at 15 right now.

Final Flight
Gotta say that Ben's costume was terrible, though!

i had dinner with ben the other night. he was bragging about his CD costume saying that it would change my mind about not attending CD ( i told him i'd watch him for OD/FD)
he also said that he looked like one of the 3 amigos..

the following day..i bumped into them as they went to OD/FD practice - i told him i saw him in Cd practice and it was looking good (i meant the dancing...) "it looked cool eh? told you!"

Medusa

Record Breaker
3 spots for France is within reach. They're at 15 right now.
It really looks not too bad now. Plus B/P freedance is a major hit with the judges this season, anyone remember Europeans where they had the second best freedance?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
TV Eurosport

They are showing pairs short tomorrow 10am to 12.30 on danish Eurosport. :no: Why do I have to go to school :cry: ?

They have better show some recaps at the time slots 14.30-16.00 and 16.00-18.00!!!

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
i had dinner with ben the other night. he was bragging about his CD costume saying that it would change my mind about not attending CD ( i told him i'd watch him for OD/FD)
he also said that he looked like one of the 3 amigos..

the following day..i bumped into them as they went to OD/FD practice - i told him i saw him in Cd practice and it was looking good (i meant the dancing...) "it looked cool eh? told you!"

You had dinner with Ben the other night? Lucky duck.

herios

Medalist
It really looks not too bad now. Plus B/P freedance is a major hit with the judges this season, anyone remember Europeans where they had the second best freedance?

Already a good sign for them that they scored higher than the Italians and the Kerr's, two teams they were behind of at the Euros. However, climbing up from here will be challenging.

Tigger

Final Flight
To those who said Oksana looked a new woman w/the brown hair weren't kidding. WOW!! Suits her far, far better.

I would have put Virtue/Moir first. They had speed, crispness in their steps and great presentation. Oksana and Max looked a wee bit tight and a smile on Oksana's face is not the look for a Paso. She should be looking like she wants to tear Max's face off. They were good and do deserve to be in the top three, but not first and not w/that score.

Tanith and Ben also looked tight. Not really tight, but still a wee bit.

I don't have a problem w/the top three at all. Just the order of placements.

oleada

Record Breaker
RTR Sport just aired D/W - imo, her relatively poor posture showed. They looked farther apart and too loose in the upper body (her, not him) compared to the teams above them.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
To those who said Oksana looked a new woman w/the brown hair weren't kidding. WOW!! Suits her far, far better.

I would have put Virtue/Moir first. They had speed, crispness in their steps and great presentation. Oksana and Max looked a wee bit tight and a smile on Oksana's face is not the look for a Paso. She should be looking like she wants to tear Max's face off. They were good and do deserve to be in the top three, but not first and not w/that score.

Tanith and Ben also looked tight. Not really tight, but still a wee bit.

I don't have a problem w/the top three at all. Just the order of placements.

I couldn't have it said any better. Thanks Tigger!!

oxade21

Match Penalty
I thought Domnina absolutely killed the competition tonight. TEXTBOOK as someone said before.

Barred any surprises, I suspect we are looking at the top three teams here. The order might change though.

rain

Record Breaker
Very good placings for both Davis/White and Crone/Poirier. C/P to be in 10th at this point is outstanding. And Davis/White not only 4th, but ahead of K/N, when many thought K/N might be top dogs for gold.

I haven't seen any of the performances, so I will not comment on who deserved to be ahead etc., but I'm very happy to hear V/M looked good in the CD. I'm sure it's not what they were spending the majority of their practice time on, and the CD usually favours teams that have been in the game a good long time.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the top three. Very happy for B/A and D/S . Did not see the
competition so I cannot comment. But I am liking the top three very, very
much. Two more phases to go, anything can happen to mix things up.
I admit I want B/A to win this competition but if it goes to D/S, V/M or
D/W I won't be sobbing at all since all of these teams are great imo..

ETA: B/A CD is up on youtube. Maybe someone could link it.
I don't think I have seen Tanith and Ben skate with such precision, passion and determination in the past, they really captured the essence of this dance. Bravo!!!

Last edited:

lcd

Match Penalty
3rd and 10th for Canada so far... = 13 ... so far. Puts Canada on the bubble for 3 spots at the 'home turf' Olympics. Bet we can figure out who is at home rooting for C&P to hold up. Will be tough with S&B behind them...