Congratulations to Tanith Belbin & Charlie White! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Congratulations to Tanith Belbin & Charlie White!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Latest, greatest update ;):

Tanith Belbin White
‏@TanithWhite
After a brainstorming session with my social media gurus, aka @AlexShibutani & @MaiaShibutani , my new handle is officially @TanithWhite ��
6:20 PM - 2 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/TanithWhite/status/605906917538422784

(Still not re-verified.)

ETA, quoting Tanith's tweet, Alex S. added:

@AlexShibutani
Alex Shibutani retweeted Tanith Belbin White
Yup! Hear that @twitter / @verified?
It's @TanithWhite now. Do your thing! ����​

Alex Shibutani added,
Tanith Belbin White @TanithWhite
After a brainstorming session with my social media gurus, aka @AlexShibutani & @MaiaShibutani , my new handle is officially @TanithWhite ��

6:38 PM - 2 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/AlexShibutani/status/605911480282681344

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yeah, but did you even do well? :yay:

Yep, first in my class. Thanks for asking. And really it is not the wedding itself that is important or the dresses or the cake - it is the symbol it represents and hopefully Charlie and Tanith will truly have a happy marriage. Not to many skating marriages it seems last "forever". Thank goodness for the Protopopovs :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Another US ice dancer wedding today:
Logan Giuletti-Schmitt married Renee Felton (of USFS public relations).​

A photo of skater guests at the wedding -- from John Coughlin:

He posted two photos of the bride and groom at the outdoor "altar" -- but they already have been taken down.

Congratulations to the happy couple :).

Spiral

Final Flight
Not to many skating marriages it seems last "forever". Thank goodness for the Protopopovs :)

And Carol Heiss & Hayes Alan Jenkins

I think there are many more examples of successful skating marriages: Dubreuil and Lauzon, Brasseur and Marval, Meno and Sand, Punsallon and Swallow, Fontana and Zimmerman, Gregory and Petukhov, Rocca and Sur, Leonova and Khvalko, Bestemianova and Bobrin, Linichuk and Karponosov, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Krylova and Camerlengo, Selezneyova and Makarov, Shishkova and Naumov, Rahkamo and Kokko, Drobyazko and Vanagus, Moiseeva and Minenkov, the Moskvins. Mishin's wise also used to be a skater and works with him as a coach now. Gordeeva was happily married to Grinkov, and some time after he died married Kulik. And these are only examples from the most well-known people in figure skating. For most people I see skate, I don't know about their personal lives, nor follow their lives after sport to know whom they marry. To be sure, not all skating marriages last till death does them part, but TBH I don't think they have worse statistics than those of people in any other profession.

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I think there are many more examples of successful skating marriages: Dubreuil and Lauzon, Brasseur and Marval, Meno and Sand, Punsallon and Swallow, Fontana and Zimmerman, Gregory and Petukhov, Rocca and Sur, Leonova and Khvalko, Bestemianova and Bobrin, Linichuk and Karponosov, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Krylova and Camerlengo, Selezneyova and Makarov, Shishkova and Naumov, Rahkamo and Kokko, Drobyazko and Vanagus, Moiseeva and Minenkov, the Moskvins. Mishin's wise also used to be a skater and works with him as a coach now. Gordeeva was happily married to Grinkov, and some time after he died married Kulik. And these are only examples from the most well-known people in figure skating. For most people I see skate, I don't know about their personal lives, nor follow their lives after sport to know whom they marry. To be sure, not all skating marriages last till death does them part, but TBH I don't think they have worse statistics than those of people in any other profession.

I didn't even knew all these couples you wrote :) I would add Shen&Zhao as the another example.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Linichuk and Karpanosov would appear to be separated.
He is back in Russia, but she is still in Pennsylvania.

noskates

Record Breaker
I could find no mention of Roca and Sur every marrying. I know that Gorsha graduated from law school and is currently working in the sports law area.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
forgot to post my congrats :love:
they look like a fairytale couple:eek::

Tanith and Charlie were on local morning TV today. They played a version of the "newlywed game" where each has to guess what the other predicted the first thought the second might say in answer to a question. (I didn't really understand the game -- and the "contestants" got mixed up a couple of times, too, about who was supposed to be answering for whom.)

But they did great. They each got about ten questions right, and the only miss was Tanith said "politician" as what Charlie would be if he couldn't be a figure skater or hockey player. Charlie said, "lawyer." (They both said "TV host" for Tanith.)

Both were unbearably cute. :)

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Tanith and Charlie were on local morning TV today. They played a version of the "newlywed game" where each has to guess what the other predicted the first thought the second might say in answer to a question. (I didn't really understand the game -- and the "contestants" got mixed up a couple of times, too, about who was supposed to be answering for whom.)

But they did great. They each got about ten questions right, and the only miss was Tanith said "politician" as what Charlie would be if he couldn't be a figure skater or hockey player. Charlie said, "lawyer." (They both said "TV host" for Tanith.)

Both were unbearably cute. :)

Oh, thank you. Maybe someone will post a video later on.

Video http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ewlywed-game-with-charlie-and-tanith/34633166

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited: