D/S(Bul) get married??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

D/S(Bul) get married???

Linny

Final Flight
D/S Married

You'all can certainly feel free to ask D/S if they got married... the question I'd like to see asked but can't think of a way to phrase it that doesn't sound mean is:

You circulated a petition protesting the placement of a team that fell over a team that skated clean at the Olys. The COPs was instituted. Then, you fell and were placed ahead of a team that didn't fall. Still feel the same way? Now that YOU were the beneficiaries of questionable judging? Thinking about circulating a petition protesting your own win?

See, that sounds mean, doesn't it? Still, the entire thing bugs me.

Linny

swissskate

Rinkside
When did Maxim and Albena fall and still placed ahead? Which season are you talking about? 2002 2003 or the curent one?

Antilles

Medalist
I think they had a fall in the GPF this year and still won-Cup of China, maybe? I think they have had two falls this year. I didn't see the events, so I can't really say if the placements were justified.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Antilles,

I too remember that. I'd have to recheck my tapes, but I think it was Trophee Lalique.

Tove

On the Ice
no no no, Maxim does NOT look like Leo, HELP!! (sorry, just can't take him, but I can take Maxim plenty LOL:D )

mariana

On the Ice
Yeap, it was at Trophee Lalique.
he is really good loking, but I don't see any resemblanse between him and Leo Di Caprio

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Re: D/S Married

Linny said:
You'all can certainly feel free to ask D/S if they got married... the question I'd like to see asked but can't think of a way to phrase it that doesn't sound mean is:

You circulated a petition protesting the placement of a team that fell over a team that skated clean at the Olys. The COPs was instituted. Then, you fell and were placed ahead of a team that didn't fall. Still feel the same way? Now that YOU were the beneficiaries of questionable judging? Thinking about circulating a petition protesting your own win?Linny
The rule in dance under CoP is: if you fall on an element, the element must be marked three levels down from what you would have gotten up until the fall. If you fall between elements, the Performance/Execution score must be reduced by -3 points. Since they fell on an element, they received the mandatory three level deduction from all of the judges on the element. They received .32 on the lift, because a couple of judges thought they were starting from a +1 instead of a base of 0, and at least one score of -2 -- the rest were all -3's -- counted in the mix.

Since the judges scored the element properly, Denkova/Staviyski were hardly the beneficiaries of questionable judging. They may have been the beneficiaries of the new scoring system, but the system they protested against was the old one.

Linny,
Albena Denkova started circulating a petition, which about 75% of the dancers signed, protesting the judging at '02 WORLDS, not the '02 Olympics. And their petition had nothing to do with any falls. Specifically they wanted to challenge the nonpodium finish of Drobriazko/Vanagas, who did not fall. Go back and check an '02 Worlds tape. No petition was initiated in ice dance or any other other discipline at the '02 Olympics. I think you're confusing Bourne/Kraatz's fall at the Olympics with what happened at Worlds. Anyway, please don't blame Denkova/Staviski for something they didn't do and even though they were placed ahead of another team at Lalique despite their fall, it's the judge's fault, not theirs.
Rgirl

galka

Rinkside
Yes it is exact so
Ice Brought Albena and Maxim Together
Maxim Staviiski arrived in Sofia for the first time exactly eight years ago. At that time he could not utter a single word in Bulgarian. For him Albena Denkova was just a new skating partner and an interpreter. Today Maxim speaks perfect Bulgarian and says 'I am Bulgarian. Although my parents live in Moscow I will not return there. And after my sport career ends, I will stay to live in Sofia.' What made him think this way is his love to Albena. By last year they had not confessed their affection in public. I love Albena and wish she marries me some day. However, we will not fix up the wedding before the Olympic Games in Torino 2006, Maxim says. An American figure skater gashed Albena's leg at the World Championship in Nice in 2000. Denkova's spirit was broken. Maxim was the one who stayed by her side, gave her strength by his love and encouraged her. The duo returned onto the ice in the following year. When on the ice, Albena and Maxim skate as a single person. There is no other ice dance pair in the world to skate in such synchrony, skating technique and complexity of performance. They do not rely only on the coach Gorshkov or the choreographer from Bolshoy Theatre Sergey Petuhov to devise their pieces of performance but suggest new elements themselves. They dream about working together as coaches in Sofia and setting up a figure skating school. Albena and Maxim have already established a sports club of their own called Dancing on Ice Denkova/Staviiski.

World Champion 2004

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
funny, if you read Russian articles, you get a different view. Maxim and Albena live and train in Russia, and I read that Albena even started to speak in Bulgarian in Russian accent. again, it depends what you read.

But fact is that Maxim still lives in Russia, so what is he talking about? In order to "return" one has to "leave", right?

Of course, once they retire and move to Bulgaria, it would make sense to talk like that.

Yana

mariana

On the Ice
At the begyning of theyr career they trained in Bulgaria, I think they only went to train in Russia 2 or 3 years ago.
Sometimes you don't need to live in one country to feel you belong there.
If the people you consider part of your family lives somewere else, you'll probably end up fealing you belong there too.
Trust me, I now what I'm saying:)

galka

Rinkside
Precisely Maxim speaks on Bulgarian about Russian accent.They started to train together 1996.In the winter Odintsovo train,in the summer the whole group Alexey Gorshkov comes in Sofia