Dance - Free Dance - Notes from Rosaleen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free Dance - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
ITA Faiella / Scali Start 19
Notes Music: Spirit in the Dark, Think by Aretha Franklin Costumes: black with neon pink / some chor at start / rot lift with her in splits / music really picks up for diag steps that while they move fast , seemed easy / twizzles match well / low lift coming towards me that I couldn't really see her position on / music is slow with beat / spin / I'm loving the music - natural women and they seem to be skating to it for the most part / another low lift / she lifts him / think is the music / and the epople are clapping / twizzles are matched / O ftwrk and they're moving right with the music / curve lift into rot lift into final pose /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BUL Denkova / Staviyski Start 20
Notes Music: Bach to Africa Costumes: black with yeloow and gold / music starts very african and their movments match well / moving around the ice into facing bent leg spread eagles is nice / lift into another lift both with him in low pos / pause as music changes crowd is clapping / O ftwrk is with music & complex / twizzles match / music slows and bach now and movement with it / spin with her in cam then change to both in sit / S pattern dancing / curve lift with her in splits facing him / low strt lift that I can't describe / twizzles match / spin with both in low then her in camel / music picks up and dancing at far endof rink into strt steps / drums now and her in upside down splits (ugly) rot lift into final pos / that was actually over quite quickly / and I think they skated it quite well - not errors that I could see /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Navka / Kostomarov Start 21
Notes Music: Tosca Costumes: her in gorgeous maroon with short skirt in front and long in back - it must be painted on her though him in brown / music stats slow right into twizzles that he might have been off a bit at the end of 2nd ones / Dancing in S pattern down the ice / strt lift with him in low pos her in back bend / rot lift with multiple pos by her and change of direction / upside down split lift / spin with herin low cam the change to upright / pause & pose at centre ice and movment as music changes to waltz and their movment is perfect with the music / O ftwrk is very waltzy / music builds to climas and their dancing with it / more melodic now for diag steps that have a lot of behind back holds / music softens for twizzles / music dies and then blasts as they go into a lift right on the beat and change pos on the beat again / and some dancing into final pose / This is (IMO) the best dance I have ever seen from them/ It looked like the tech was there and it sure had me drawn into it. /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Belbin / Agosto Start 22
Notes Music: Shadritsa Gypsy Dance Costumes: red & purple & black - what you'd think of a gypsy / right into spin / twizzles are matched / as music picks up and crowd is clapping / strt low lift / dancing into O ftwrk / music speeds up and so do their dancing / big stop and it picks up again / spin is nice but on the slow side / some nice chor / curve lift with him going to one foot / twizzles seemed ok but I'm not really sure / lift with her draped over his arm / music picks up for some neat steps the crowd loved / low lift as music fades / starts up again as they do diag ftwrk that looked very complex / rot lift into closing pose / that was fun! /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Grushina / Goncharov Start 23
Notes Music: Four Seasons, Air by Bach Costumes: her in shades of purple & mauve with silver him in dark blue/black / music starts out soft and building / dance spin with her in catch foot / lift with her in handstand him in shoot duck / music builds and gets very fast O ftwrk is with music and quite well done - didn't feel frentic - my usual complaint with this team / low lift with her holding blackes / twizzles match / music stops and starts up again with 'air' and some movement to match - they're dancing at this end of rink and it's very nice / lift / some more dancing into lift with her on his shoulder and then into low curve lift / spin with her in arabesque then Y on other foot / back to four seasons and it's quite fast for diag steps that are quite complex / str tlift into rot lift that is quite attractive / I'd say that ws the best program I've seen from them - probably the first time I haven't called them frentic /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Music: Frida Soundtrack Costumes shades of purple, maroon & many other colours / music starts with female vocal / spin / strt lift with him in low pos her in swan dive / midline stepsare very 'dancey' - now isn't that a novel idea and complex / some nice dance into twizzles that have a different look to the with foot pos and I like it / some dancing into a pos and music mellows and curve lift with multiple pos change / music slows and some dancing / curve lift with her in splits facing him / counter-balance / spin as music picks up and she goes into a beillman / O ftwrk is with music and it picks up for a set of very long & fast twizzles / lift with her doing handstand on his thigh / and it's over. . . . I enjoyed that thoroughly / It was great! /

Rosaleen

Medalist
So ends the Dance Event. Sorry my comments on the dance weren't better, it's such a hard discipline to describe in real time.

I'll be back tomorrow with the Ladies Free.