Definitive POTOs in Each Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Definitive POTOs in Each Discipline

Weathergal

Medalist
Daisuke was the best phantom of them all in any discipline! Even the cuts and the music was great in his program. 2007 worlds or his nationals performance was out of this world!

Daisuke Takahashi's is the first one I thought of. His was magical. Of course we hadn't heard it 1000 times yet back then! Even so, had he skated that program now, he'd probably be the one person to breathe new life into the tired warhorse.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You will see those costumes. Either the 2nd place French team or Papadakis and Cizeron themselves will skate to it. :slink:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is a blind guess, after seeing the video Haguenauer used to convince P&C to skate to Mozart this season. 50 Shades would be a logical step for next year, in attempting to do what is current, topics that have not been been presented on ice before.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Love D&W's version in 2010. The cream of the crop for me. Also like Suzuki's in 2014. And I thought D&C's pair version was beautiful. But for each of these I like there seems to bee a 100 I can't stand (an exageration I know but it feels like that many). ISU should ban POTO and Carmen for at least 5 years.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brian Boitano skated to "Music of the Night" from POTO during some competitions in the 90's during his professional career.

It was mesmerizing and brilliant.

dress

On the Ice
ISU should ban a few pieces of music for one season each year. For example, they could ban POTO, carmen and les mis for 2015-2016. The year after they could ban blue danube, american in paris...

It would give a break to the judges and the fans.

robinhood

Rinkside
ISU should ban a few pieces of music for one season each year. For example, they could ban POTO, carmen and les mis for 2015-2016. The year after they could ban blue danube, american in paris...

It would give a break to the judges and the fans.

I don't think they shold ban anything...instead they could reward with bonus points for original music and choreography:biggrin:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
This is way to much POTO this year. Two of my favourite routines are;

From Ice Dance, Drobiazko & Vanagas Europeans in 2006 which helped them on to the podium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9VXQbbMGhg&index=64&list=LL3yC_1PmBLS7pvoUPPsDPMw

From the Men, Daisuke Takahashi from Worlds 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcQtdTuaRs
Thank you for both of your suggestions. I can't believe I completely forgot about Dai's POTO when I made the thread. :eek:: Wonderful. Dai is one of a kind (as is Patrick, but in a different way). And what can I say about D&V? They skated with so much emotion and heart and were so underappreciated by the judges. I didn't know about their POTO (I didn't pay as much attention to Ice Dance back then), so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :biggrin:

Last edited: