Do my Edea overtures fit? | Golden Skate

Do my Edea overtures fit?

CherryMashSkater

Spectator
At my pro shop they measured one foot as 241 mm and the other as 244 mm, so they got me 250s (they had to order them because they had none in stock). Well, wearing them, I can feel constant pressure on the front of almost all of my toenails (and especially my big toe). I fear that if I wear these for 1.5 hrs a day 5 days a week (how much I train) my big toe will eventually turn black and fall off from the constant pressure. Also, my big toenail is cut as short as it can be and I still feel most of the pressure on the front of it.

On a forum, someone said the 'cramped toes' feeling goes away after the break in period, but granted how costly these are (~$400), I'm scared that the feeling won't go away and that they'll become un-returnable. They're currently unmounted. Do these fit or should I go up to a 255? I'm currently in a 250 C (regular width). I have two photos, one showing my foot on the insole and the other showing my foot next to the insole.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
At my pro shop they measured one foot as 241 mm and the other as 244 mm, so they got me 250s (they had to order them because they had none in stock). Well, wearing them, I can feel constant pressure on the front of almost all of my toenails (and especially my big toe). I fear that if I wear these for 1.5 hrs a day 5 days a week (how much I train) my big toe will eventually turn black and fall off from the constant pressure. Also, my big toenail is cut as short as it can be and I still feel most of the pressure on the front of it.

On a forum, someone said the 'cramped toes' feeling goes away after the break in period, but granted how costly these are (~$400), I'm scared that the feeling won't go away and that they'll become un-returnable. They're currently unmounted. Do these fit or should I go up to a 255? I'm currently in a 250 C (regular width). I have two photos, one showing my foot on the insole and the other showing my foot next to the insole.

hi and welcome! It looks like you have hammertoes, which will cause that cramped feeling, you more than likely need a bigger toebox and a different shaped one, perhaps Jackson would work, did you have a professional fitting...not a pro shop at a rink per se. It seems like you have a bit more than that going on.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@Mods, can you please move this to lutz corner so the skater can get proper help? TIA!

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well, wearing them, I can feel constant pressure on the front of almost all of my toenails (and especially my big toe).

On a forum, someone said the 'cramped toes' feeling goes away after the break in period, but granted how costly these are (~$400), I'm scared that the feeling won't go away and that they'll become un-returnable.
Don't buy those boots. With a brand-new boot, properly fitting, you should be able to wiggle your toes freely. When doing so, the tips of your toes should brush lightly across the lining. As you break-in the boot, the lining will compress, and there will be more clearance. But the boot should not exert pressure against your toes, and your toes should not feel cramped. Perhaps if only one or two toes are affected, the tech could evaluate whether punching out would work. But if all your toes are affected, reject the boot.

CherryMashSkater

Spectator
hi and welcome! It looks like you have hammertoes, which will cause that cramped feeling, you more than likely need a bigger toebox and a different shaped one, perhaps Jackson would work, did you have a professional fitting...not a pro shop at a rink per se. It seems like you have a bit more than that going on.
Thank you! I actually started in a pair of Jacksons. The Jackson toebox was great but the heel was too big and I experienced a lot of heel slippage. I was in standard medium width Jacksons. Regarding the Edeas, what ultimately happened is that I bought the Edea Overture 250 Cs online to try on. Those were the ones in the photo/the ones causing me toenail pain. However, the skate shop bought me 250 Bs and said they would punch out the toebox to make it wider. Well... I don't know what magic the skate tech did, but when I tried on the punched out 250 Bs today, they fit perfectly! Like a glove. No toenail pain on ANY of my toenails, and no pain or uncomfortable pressure anywhere. It's crazy. When my skate tech ordered me B widths (narrow), I didn't trust him, but, he obviously knew what he was doing. He mounted Coronation Ace blades onto them and let me skate in them at the public skate next door. The skates felt great. I took them home with me <3