Documentary about Aljona's road to Olympic gold on Arte | Golden Skate

Documentary about Aljona's road to Olympic gold on Arte

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
There's going to be a documentary about the road to Olympic Gold about Aljona and Bruno. Here's a link to the trailer:
https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/092975-000-A/die-kuer-ihres-lebens/

It will be in German, contrary to other video features about their road to the top, and - and that's just great - not only Aljona (whom we've seen interviewed many times in other documentaries) but Bruno will be interviewed as well. I don't know whether Arte will make it available to more viewers than those n Germany itself, but I thought it would be interesting to know for many more fans. and obviously, I'm hoping it will be made available.

Date of broadcast: the 3rd of February - the day before the Olympics 2022 start off.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wow it’s been many years since I watched anything on Arte. Will have to check this out, thanks!

withwings

On the Ice
I do feel sad for Robin Szolkowy... IMO he is treated by Aliona as "a second class citizen" in so-called success story about her in general... Aliona never say any thank you to Robin or Ingo. I wish to be wrong and to hear at least little bit of appreciation to Robin too in this documentary.

Last edited:

princecharming

Rinkside
I do feel sad for Robin Szolkowy... IMO he is treated by Aliona as "a second class citizen" in so-called success story about her in general... Aliona never say any thank you to Robin or Ingo. I wish to be wrong and to hear at least little bit of appreciation to Robin too in this documentary.
Oh please, this comment is uncalled for. I am sure she has expressed appreciation. And ultimately, Ingo and Robin have their fair share of experiences that have irritated Aliona.

QuadThrow

Medalist
As far as I know it's about the period 2014-2018 when Aljona and Robin had already parted ways but I haven't the faintest idea whether he will be mentioned or anything.
The documentary is about Aljona´s and Bruno´s childhood, about the 2014 split with Ingo and Robin and about the Olympic Gold. You can see some nice interviews with Robin too. It is a pity that nothing is said about 2016 and 2017.

cake

On the Ice
I finally watched it. I think it´s a very interesting documentary and we get some insight their mindset and their feelings. Bruno seems to be a very nice and grounded person. The part about his relationsship with Jean Francois Ballester was very moving. For those who were worried about Robin, he is appreciated, but the interviews with him were old as far as I can tell.
The documentary is also available in French.