Dutch Figure Skating 2023-2024 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating 2023-2024

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Roos van der Pas is entered in the Volvo Open Cup in Latvia 18th-21st January in Sr Women and Allessia Ballirano, Ymke Yagersma, Roos de Jong and Lois Libregts in Jr women. This is an all singles competion. Good luck girls! :hap10::hap10::hap10:

There's a lot more Dutch girls in the younger categories too. Guess the Federation chose this comp to go as a team.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am happy to say the Bavarian Open (Jan 30-Feb 4) has quite a large Dutch presence: Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba in pairs, both our ID couples and two women, though I am sure at least one of those is injured (Julia van Dijk) while the other (Lindsay van Zundert) didn't go to Euros because of lack in training time. I don't really expect either of them to be there.

On the jr women: Angel Delavaque, Emilia Soloukhin, Jolanda Vos.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Chelsea and Sherim (one of our ID teams) are planning to compete at the Ephesus cup in Turkeye, Jan 22-28. And then onwards to the Bavarian Open in Obersdorf.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Roos van der Pas will be competing in Srs Women at the Reykjavik International Games.
Leon Lo will be competing with the Advanced Novice boys while Floor van der Pas competes with the Advanced Novice girls.

Roos is rather busy as she will also compete at Ice Beat in Kaunas which takes place a week later, while she was also at the Volvo Open last week (see post below).

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At the Volvo Open Cup Roos van der Pas ended in 8th place in the srs competition. In juniors Roos de Jong, Alessia Ballirano, Lois Libregts and Ymke Yagersma ended up in 27th, 25th, 23rd and 21st respectively.

Floor van der Pas was 4th in advanced novice, Roos Harkema 5th. Summer Wijkhuizen was 11th. Summer was permitted to do double duties because of her young age and also competed in the Basic Novice category. She was first!

Well done girls!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I seem to recall that someone on Golden Skate a few years ago posted links to a Dutch lady figure doing a program outside on a canal or something. I really loved watching the skating. If anyone remembers and can point me to the links I would really appreciate it.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I seem to recall that someone on Golden Skate a few years ago posted links to a Dutch lady figure doing a program outside on a canal or something. I really loved watching the skating. If anyone remembers and can point me to the links I would really appreciate it.

Was it the following video of Niki Wories doing a programme on a canal in Amsterdam at night during one of the lockdowns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVozmGW7h8M

It did look amazing.

By the way, while searching, I also found this video of Linden van Bemmel demonstrating individual elements on another canal in Amsterdam a year later, but during the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbA3TpEQRU

Hope you enjoy

CaroLiza_fan

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you, thank you @CaroLiza_fan :clap:. It was definitely the Niki Wories "Ode to a Sleeping City" that I remembered. I want to forward the link to a local lady who emigrated from the Netherlands a long time ago.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At Ephesus Cup the Rhythm Dance is done. Chelsea and Sherim are in 5th place, but, more importantly, passed the minimum TES score for Worlds! :clap::clap:

At the Reykjavik Games Leon Lo was in second place after the SP of the advanced novice men (but tbh there were only two entrees) but was first in the FS and first overall. Excellent! :jump::jump:
Floor van der Pas is in first after the SP in advanced novice women (11 entrees, of which 8 from Iceland). Well done! :cheer::cheer:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Floor van der Pas was also first in the FS at the Reykjavik Games, so she finished 1st overall. Congratulations. Good for her, and well done!:points::clap:

Roos van der Pas (her sister) is standing in 3rd in srs. after the SP. Also worth some cheers. :hap10::hap10:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Chelsea and Sherim remained in 5th at Ephesus Cup. As there was a WD, they were now last. Still more than 150 points in total, so not badly done at all! Had a great watch. Cheers to Chelsea and Sherim. :cheer::cheer:

Going to be exciting at Bavarian Open next week and Challenge Cup (which also counts as National Championships) later this month with both couples having minimum TES for World's.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Bavarian Open will take place soon.
Daria Danilova and Michel Tsiba take part in pairs.
Both our ID couples are taking part: Hanna and Alessio as well as Chelsea and Sherim.
As expected the 2 Dutch women in srs are no longer on the list.
There are so many jr women, these have been divided into two groups:
In group 1: Angel Delavaque and Emilia Soloukhin
In group 2: Jolanda Vos and Lois Libregts.

No Dutch entrees in any other age categories or disciplines.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well, I went offline for a weekend and then it happens: Daria and Michel won the Bavarian Open in pairs. Congratulations! :points::cheer:
Hanna and Alessio were 8th in Ice dance, chelsaea and Sherim 11th. The Challenge Cup has not yet happened (and also counts), but it seems Hanna and Alessio might be going to Worlds.
In jrs women group 1: Angel Delavaque did very well, and was second, Emilia solukhin was 10th.
In jrs women group 2: Jolanda Vos was 6th and Lois Libregts 15th.

Well done everybody! :hap10::cheer::jump:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The van der Pas sisters were also in action at the Icebeat Winter Trophy in Kaunas, Lithuania. (But not at the same rink that Europeans were held at a couple of weeks ago).

Roos was 4th out of 4 in Seniors, while Floor was 2nd out of 20 in Advanced Novices.

They didn't have a coach with them, so were supporting each other when getting their results. And it was lovely to watch. Seeing them sitting together, it was obvious just how much Floor looks up to Roos.

But, I have a question - are their ISU Bios correct (Roos; Floor)? Because I didn't think the age difference was as much as 7 years. I thought Roos was about 17. I never would have imagined that she was a few months off 20.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you @CaroLiza_fan!
I really wouldn't know about their ages and I would like to know. I think 7 yrs is a normal distance between sisters as is much less or more. I mean: my own mother was 17 (yes 17) years older than her sister. So why should 7 years be a surprise. It's normal. So would one year be.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Angel Delavaque will be going to junior Worlds in Taipei. The 13-year-old youngster has been doing well this season. The confirmation article is in Dutch, but it's mostly about that she has fullfilled the selection criteria.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you @CaroLiza_fan!
I really wouldn't know about their ages and I would like to know. I think 7 yrs is a normal distance between sisters as is much less or more. I mean: my own mother was 17 (yes 17) years older than her sister. So why should 7 years be a surprise. It's normal. So would one year be.

No, I didn't mean it like that. I just always thought Roos was younger and, hence, that they were closer in age.

You know how this is Roos' first season in Seniors. Well, I was thinking along the lines that she had moved up as soon as she was old enough. After all, it doesn't seem like that long ago since she moved up from Advanced Novices to Juniors. In my mind, it just didn't seem possible that she had moved up to Seniors this season because she was aging out of Juniors. Which is why I questioned it.

It appears that time is passing quicker than I can keep up with.

CaroLiza_fan