Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Manitou

Medalist
I have to officially declare her gala program (the Blues Selection) is my most favorite gala program of all.

winky97

Medalist

starlight97

Final Flight
Bristish Eurosport guys are always supportive. They even compliment Kovtun. :biggrin:
I can tell they really like top Russian ladies. They love K/S and when Yuko landed that 4S they almost screamed with delight. I love them.

That's why they are the best:yes: !
While American and Russian commentators are biased in general or at least have been at some occasions, the British Euro guys have never been like that!

Maybe it's because they don't have any really big contenders from their own country in there so they can view everything a bit more distanced.

Caustica

Final Flight
That's why they are the best:yes: !
While American and Russian commentators are biased in general or at least have been at some occasions, the British Euro guys have never been like that!

Maybe it's because they don't have any really big contenders from their own country in there so they can view everything a bit more distanced.

Well, to be fair, when they have contenders in their own country they tend to talk about them a lot e.g. Philip Harris this past Euros, whether he was going to make the top 10. But they never put down other countries' competitors just because they're not from the UK :) They're great!

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank goodness Mr Mishin is unlikely to tell her not to fistpump... she's so fierce!:)

Thanks sabinfire - such great gifs of truly memorable moments!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Liza, Sasha Smirnov, and Tamara Moskvina were guests on a talk show today in St. Petersburg. They talked about the Euros and the future of skating in St. Petersburg. It seems very interesting...would anyone mind translating the main points?

http://topspb.tv/programs/v12369/

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Another installment of funny TV listings. Check out the one for today's broadcast of Europeans on NBC:

Elizavela Tuktanysheva? :laugh:

Well, I'm glad they at least mentioned Liza this time around. NBC typically uses Radionova as the 'top name' in Ladies during TV listings this season.

Lipea

Final Flight
Liza, Sasha Smirnov, and Tamara Moskvina were guests on a talk show today in St. Petersburg. They talked about the Euros and the future of skating in St. Petersburg. It seems very interesting...would anyone mind translating the main points?

http://topspb.tv/programs/v12369/

To say really briefly (I have very limited time) about Liza (she did not speak much indeed):
1. The way she pronounces her name is TuktAmysheva, just like they did at Euros, which was surprising for me (as a native Russian speaker I thought it is TuktamYsheva)
2. She said she feels much better/more free this season. She knew that in EC her main competitors would be her teammates. Her goal was to satisfy herself and her coach with her skate, and then to see how judges would score it.
3. She came on the rink at 5 just because in the summer camp she made friends-skaters. Her parents were very happy about that because Liza was very energetic/active kid. She did not have any serious intentions at first.
4. Figure skating dresses are very expensive. They mentioned 40000 Rubles (which used to be over $1000 by old currency values) to spend on one dress is rather cheap.
Moskvina talked the most, mostly about FS education, but I don't have time to translate it right now unfortunately. I will do it next weekend if someone else don't do it before.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
To say really briefly (I have very limited time) about Liza (she did not speak much indeed):
1. The way she pronounces her name is TuktAmysheva, just like they did at Euros, which was surprising for me (as a native Russian speaker I thought it is TuktamYsheva)
2. She said she feels much better/more free this season. She knew that in EC her main competitors would be her teammates. Her goal was to satisfy herself and her coach with her skate, and then to see how judges would score it.
3. She came on the rink at 5 just because in the summer camp she made friends-skaters. Her parents were very happy about that because Liza was very energetic/active kid. She did not have any serious intentions at first.
4. Figure skating dresses are very expensive. They mentioned 40000 Rubles (which used to be over $1000 by old currency values) to spend on one dress is rather cheap.
Moskvina talked the most, mostly about FS education, but I don't have time to translate it right now unfortunately. I will do it next weekend if someone else don't do it before.
Thank you, Lipea. I hope Liza can keep skating with this sense of freedom.

Considering how expensive skating dresses are, I shall forgive the Bolero outfit. ;) As long as she can land her jumps, it doesn't matter what she wears.

adelia

Record Breaker
Thanks!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Old news from last week, but NBC aired their coverage of Europeans today. Made this video for Liza's FS:

2015 Europeans - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva FS NBC (1080p60 HD)

Sorted through my NBC coverage of Euros today to compile this:

2015 Europeans - NBC clips of Liza (1080p60 HD)
Thank you. :clap: I just cannot get enough of this LP.

Very nice of Tara to be so positive (even if it's after the fact), considering how she's often accused of rooting only for the little fifteen-year-olds. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The dresses haven't changed (though I thought the LP one had a few more sparkles added to it!). She wears the black one for Bolero and the dark purple one for Sandstorm.

mnm464

On the Ice
Oh,I see. I would think that you would pick different designs for your dress, but hey...whatever floats your boat and you deliver, eh?