Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Meoima

Match Penalty
The dresses haven't changed (though I thought the LP one had a few more sparkles added to it!). She wears the black one for Bolero and the dark purple one for Sandstorm.
Maybe it's her lucky dress now. :biggrin:
4. Figure skating dresses are very expensive. They mentioned 40000 Rubles (which used to be over $1000 by old currency values) to spend on one dress is rather cheap.
Moskvina talked the most, mostly about FS education, but I don't have time to translate it right now unfortunately. I will do it next weekend if someone else don't do it before.
:eek::eek: I didn't know that bathrobe is that costly.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Maybe it's her lucky dress now. :biggrin:
But she still landed 3Lz in her exhibition, wearing the red dress. :) So I think won't need the bathrobes forever (requests for next season: no coloured tights, no long sleeves, no more black unless she's skating to "Paint It Black". And more bling is always good :biggrin:).

LRK

Record Breaker
I like long sleeves. Anyway, I've noticed that long sleeves seem to be "in" this year - quite a few ladies are wearing them. Why, some dresses even have.... backs! Who knew?;)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Liza, Sasha Smirnov, and Tamara Moskvina were guests on a talk show today in St. Petersburg. They talked about the Euros and the future of skating in St. Petersburg. It seems very interesting...would anyone mind translating the main points?

http://topspb.tv/programs/v12369/

Thanks for the link- interesting interview, a pity that Lisa didn't speak much but there was something else which was not mentioned in the translation already posted, here it is:

Q: 'Lisa, you received the record score of 210 at Euros, could you have won the Olympics with that score?'

A: A slight hesitation on Lisa's part then came a diplomatic reply: 'I don't really remember what scores were received at the Olympics', (the interview moves then on to the next topic)

I think she handled it really well considering what a tricky subject was touched!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like long sleeves. Anyway, I've noticed that long sleeves seem to be "in" this year - quite a few ladies are wearing them. Why, some dresses even have.... backs! Who knew?;)
I'm not against long sleeves in general. But Liza has such fluid arms, and it would be a shame to wear clothing that de-emphasizes that. Long sleeves are okay only if they're loose and swishy. :biggrin:

Thanks for the link- interesting interview, a pity that Lisa didn't speak much but there was something else which was not mentioned in the translation already posted, here it is:

Q: 'Lisa, you received the record score of 210 at Euros, could you have won the Olympics with that score?'

A: A slight hesitation on Lisa's part then came a diplomatic reply: 'I don't really remember what scores were received at the Olympics', (the interview moves then on to the next topic)

I think she handled it really well considering what a tricky subject was touched!
Thanks for translating.

Let's just say, perhaps some things in life are blessings in disguise...

Lipea

Final Flight

It made me feel embarrassed to even hear that question and she really get out of it very well. What else could she say? That on Olympics the scores are generally higher? I don't know why he asked that.

mnm464

On the Ice
I'm not against long sleeves in general. But Liza has such fluid arms, and it would be a shame to wear clothing that de-emphasizes that. Long sleeves are okay only if they're loose and swishy. :biggrin:

Thanks for translating.

Let's just say, perhaps some things in life are blessings in disguise...

Especially the fact since many some other, not necessarily Russian, ladies may have replied in a more controversial way had they actually scored a score that high. Liza is winning me ever as a loyal fan more and more. I really like her!

w_darling

On the Ice
Liza sure is a beauty, inside and out! :)

This is a little off-topic I was listening to the Sibelius Violin Concerto (one of my favorite pieces of orchestral music ever, here is a performance by another young prodigy :)) and wishfully thinking how great it would be to as a skate program -- especially for Liza. I think her beautiful arm movements and general aura of fierceness could match it very well, while still being a slightly different style from what she's done before.

Since there is some time until worlds (where I wish her the best of luck!!), I thought it might be fun to look forward to next season. What are music selections that people think would suit Liza?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Liza sure is a beauty, inside and out! :)

This is a little off-topic I was listening to the Sibelius Violin Concerto (one of my favorite pieces of orchestral music ever, here is a performance by another young prodigy :)) and wishfully thinking how great it would be to as a skate program -- especially for Liza. I think her beautiful arm movements and general aura of fierceness could match it very well, while still being a slightly different style from what she's done before.
Since there is some time until worlds (where I wish her the best of luck!!), I thought it might be fun to look forward to next season. What are music selections that people think would suit Liza?
Hahn is one of the few prodigies that posses clarity and deep understanding of music ever since she's just too young. I still remember her playing Bach in German tour when she was 15 and OMG if anyone deserves to be called Bach's daughter it's Hahn.
Other prodigies all have technique and passion but lack maturity and clearly endearing sound. Sarah Chang made Brahms sound like Chopin and I was mortified :hopelessness:. Hahn never makes me feel like that.
But to be fair I'd always think of Hahn as a better Baroque and classical period violinist, her clarity (sometimes coolness) doesn't make the best example for Romantic period IMO.
If Liza were to skate to violin music, I recommend Satasate. His music suits her character better IHMO.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Since I'm no classical music expert... I'm going to recommend a Game of Thrones LP (as we've talked about many pages back). :biggrin: With dramatic, warrior-like portions mixed with softer moments. For the SP... something folksy?

To my ignoramus ears, w_darling's suggestion sounds pretty good as well. But what really makes "the dramatic program" is the timing, imo. Where you do the jumps, the spins, the footwork, and how it fits the specific parts of the music. If Liza opts for this route in her LP, I hope the timing is considered carefully--sometimes difficult to do while fulfilling the not-so-free requirements of the free skate.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Since I'm no classical music expert... I'm going to recommend a Game of Thrones LP (as we've talked about many pages back). :biggrin: With dramatic, warrior-like portions mixed with softer moments. For the SP... something folksy?
To my ignoramus ears, w_darling's suggestion sounds pretty good as well. But what really makes "the dramatic program" is the timing, imo. Where you do the jumps, the spins, the footwork, and how it fits the specific parts of the music. If Liza opts for this route in her LP, I hope the timing is considered carefully--sometimes difficult to do while fulfilling the not-so-free requirements of the free skate.
Maybe this might suits Liza better? Too fast, though. http://youtu.be/upkP46nvqVI
This was Hahn when she was 15. Oh God!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
With all the Liz Taylor comparisons, I wonder if she could do a "Cleopatra" program. But I'm not really familiar with the soundtrack...

I could imagine her skating to Ara Gevorgyan's "Artsakh" (Sasha Abt, Voronov and Elene G. used this music before & I :love: it), but it might be too similar to her current FS music.

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
I would love Liza to skate to the Arabian nights ballet music Popova and Vlasenko skate to this season. Not next season obviously, but it will make a great OG program.

Lipea

Final Flight
Maybe this might suits Liza better? Too fast, though. http://youtu.be/upkP46nvqVI
This was Hahn when she was 15. Oh God!!

Hey, are you a musician by any chance? Maybe I know you?
I agree that Hahn with her incredible clarity and emotional "coolness" (I would even say coldness sometimes) fits to Baroque/earlier music the most. Classical musicians like skaters in a way - they have to get the technique in early age, so "prodigies" are really nothing special; it is very rare for someone to make the technique after 17-18.
Although it is interesting that skaters so often use Romantic pieces, and so rarely Classical/Baroque. I understand why though.
Did anyone ever used Bach (not arranged) for their programs?
Also, I think that generally the music problem in FS is not as much in the music itself, but the cuts they do. Very often I feel just terrible for a certain music piece. I don't understand why cannot they ask professional musicians, or at least student-composers to cut it. The most terrible one this season was from Artemieva - poor Chopin. Liza could also do much better cuts for Bolero, Yulia had a few obviously bad cuts in her LP, Evgenia's choice of music for LP and the cuts were not convincing at all, etc.

Last edited: