Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Tutto

Record Breaker
Guys, an update from Mishin, it looks like we might not see 3A at Worlds after all (and I still think it would be a smarter strategy, IMHO, though I admire Lisa immensely for her beautiful 3A)

Aleksei Mishin commented his student’s SP in St Petersburg:

http://fsrussia.ru/news/848-tuktamysheva-ispolnila-trojnoj-aksel-v-korotkoj-programme.html

‘Our idea to include 3A into the programs is slowly coming to life. Today Lisa landed this difficult jump cleanly in the SP. For that we had to adjust the program a lot: to change the layout, to work with music. But it was worth it. We’ll see how things continue to develop. It is obvious that the ladies discipline which is going the way of upping the technical content, will get to that. But the question whether Lisa will do 3A in Shanghai remains open’

Last edited:

Mony

On the Ice
It's great that she was able to land it cleanly. I don't want it to be at the expense of her other jumps though, like her doubling others. However, when she caan consistently land it, and she has enough energy to do the other jumps cleanly as well....look out world.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think might be like a PR strategy. Obviously she will land it next season. But this season no need to rush. Just give ISU and the judges the impression that she is superior in technique.

Tutto

Record Breaker
An eyewitness report on the tournament in St Petersburg:

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/ontheice/748634.html

it is very long so I translated only Lisa related:
'The difference between good skaters and a world class skater Lisa Tutktamisheva is not in what they do but how they do it. Lisa does every element, every move with such confidence and stunning power. She accelerates huge speed with ease. Her flow and great ice coverage also what differ her from the rest. Power, power in every move, even in spins where some ladies have more difficult positions, Lisa wins because of her power and speed. Also notable her presentation. All that combined is a real Ice Empress.
After 3A for which she prepared rather long time but landed perfectly, she doubled her lutz and lost the element. All her anger she let out on the first 3T flying over half of the rink but got too close to the barrier and only did a 2T in combination because of that.
Despite a very successful 3A, the program after that sort of fell apart which again makes inclusion 3A into the program at Worlds questionable. In my opinion it is too risky and it would be better to win this season by consistency. Then include 3A next season gradually from one competition to another using Mishin’s system. But of course, Lisa & Mishin know best.
After the competition ended I met the Empress backstage, she was not in the best of spirits. I said: ‘Do not get upset it is okay’. She smiled: ‘No I am fine’. This is the character of a real champion!
Once again I was surprised by the contract: on the ice Lisa looks bigger maybe because of the costumes, and the skates add the height plus that power I was talking about. Outside the rink she is a lovely petite girl. BTW those who are still seeing somewhere overweight problem are wrong and should better watch themselves than this absolutely fit girl.'

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'd say Liza's 3A is to die for even to many men and boys skaters. You go girl!!

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm not sure that the mistakes in the other jumps would necessarily happen again - it sounds like she was just so surprised at pulling off the 3A - "Oh! I did it - and it was easy... Wow!... Oops! those other pesky jumps - forgot about those!" I think she will be more focused next time.

I think the reason Mr Mishin says the question is open is that he wants to talk to Liza first - and evaluate those other mistakes she made, and why she made them. And then decide whether the risk is worth taking at Worlds'. I don't think they've put down all this work, effort and energy on just trying to scare the opposition - though I doubt they'd mind doing that as well.;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Wow! Knocking 'em out by way of warm-up, even when it's not planned in her program...

I have a slight thought/question/worry (depending on your feelings about her SP)... If she isn't 100% certain to include the 3A at Worlds, why did she reorder her SP layout so early? Surely she's not going to keep her SP next year, for a comfortable vehicle to try her 3A in...?

Now, I personally have nothing against Bolero, especially with the new opening pose. But I would selfishly like something new next year. I understand if it helps her land 3A, but keeping Adios Nonino for three seasons didn't exactly help her get over her SP problems...

adelia

Record Breaker
^Wow! Knocking 'em out by way of warm-up, even when it's not planned in her program...

I have a slight thought/question/worry (depending on your feelings about her SP)... If she isn't 100% certain to include the 3A at Worlds, why did she reorder her SP layout so early? Surely she's not going to keep her SP next year, for a comfortable vehicle to try her 3A in...?

Now, I personally have nothing against Bolero, especially with the new opening pose. But I would selfishly like something new next year. I understand if it helps her land 3A, but keeping Adios Nonino for three seasons didn't exactly help her get over her SP problems...
Don't you remember? Mishin is a master troller.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Don't you remember? Mishin is a master troller.
But the PR can backfire. :slink: What if the judges get too greedy for her triple axel, so if she shows up at Worlds without it, they end up scoring her lower out of disappointment?

I know I'm overthinking this, as I do with everything Liza.

Meoima

Match Penalty
But the PR can backfire. :slink: What if the judges get too greedy for her triple axel, so if she shows up at Worlds without it, they end up scoring her lower out of disappointment?
I don't think jugdes are that over excited about the 3A. They have seen Mao's 3A for years. It's just a way to impress the publicity.

adelia

Record Breaker

No I meant that I think Liza will attempt the 3A but Mishin is trolling about not having made up his mind yet. Anyway, we'll find out in less than 3 weeks time.
They won't score her lower out of disappointment. She's the reigning European Champion.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh, I'm sure the judges will be excited to see the first 4-triple SP from a woman. :) So am I.

I'm probably worrying over nothing. The judges didn't lowball her at Europeans for not trying 3A. And let's face it, running off to Worlds with 3A is insane; it's hard to blame anyone for not doing it, especially in the ladies' field which seems very conservative about pushing the tech.

LRK

Record Breaker
If other ladies were doing the 3A, then maybe... I don't see the judges being overly disappointed at one skater not doing a jump - that no one else is doing either.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Oh, I'm sure the judges will be excited to see the first 4-triple SP from a woman. :) So am I.

I'm probably worrying over nothing. The judges didn't lowball her at Europeans for not trying 3A. And let's face it, running off to Worlds with 3A is insane; it's hard to blame anyone for not doing it, especially in the ladies' field which seems very conservative about pushing the tech.

I am excited but worried a little bit at the same time for Liza... :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
soooooooooo I saw Liza & she's exactly like that onlooker described in that article.
But I wont just highlight her power power power. Actually its the balance, harmony. The word is - its all effortless. I didnt have such good seats (opposite of the judges) but anyway the fact that even with our small crowd we started clapping throughout because how could you not?! its total harmony between music fitting the skater, being catchy & the skater being as charismatic as Liza. :love:

& I saw a person (in 4CC ladies thread probably?...) who said that Liza lands with a 'thud' or something. It really didnt seem like that from where I have been watching. On the contrary. The landings as everything else are effortless too. In some comps I saw on TV the thuds are indeed heard but its because the camera & mic is placed very closely & its not only during Liza's programms. Idk, maybe if we compare to Miyahara or some other skater the landing thud (or 'plomp' or some other word that person used) is indeed noticable but from the look of things I really couldnt hold it against her (lol i tried to see flaws I really did:p)

There were lots of wee girls who surronded Liza & took pics at K&C & it was adorbs. She was signing autographs on their skates btw) Hopefully it will bring them good luck in their future careers
With all the comments that she's tiny I didnt feel like she was (I'm 170cm btw)
I didnt want to bother her (& being an oldschool non gadget person I couldnt get a selfie anyway)
After her perf she quickly was gone (after giving autogr for the lil girls) but somehow I found the courage to call her name just when she was about to leave the building with her bf (Is Lazukin her bf btw??? I wasnt following her private life)))), congratulated her with the women's day & gave her my flowers. It was really brief but her smile is as shiny & charming as its on tv definitely:eek::

Fun trivia: before the the victory ceremony in the evening Peter Gumennik was doing 'jumpathon' (lmao he's such a little star!) & Liza (who was chilling with her bf (or not bf) on the K&C sofa started clapping & encouraging him :rock:
It was super cute. I hope he'll grow up & be the KING!

all in all it was worth skipping work & having to working today instead (too bad K/S were absent but I'll vent in their thread :))
Hopefully one day i can go to some bigger comp & cheer for Liza. She was absolutely mesmerising as I imaiged & even better live.

Dont have anything to say on 3A. Imo it may be better to wait til next season but ofc Mishin & Liza know best.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
soooooooooo I saw Liza & she's exactly like that onlooker described in that article.
But I wont just highlight her power power power. Actually its the balance, harmony. The word is - its all effortless. I didnt have such good seats (opposite of the judges) but anyway the fact that even with our small crowd we started clapping throughout because how could you not?! its total harmony between music fitting the skater, being catchy & the skater being as charismatic as Liza. :love:

& I saw a person (in 4CC ladies thread probably?...) who said that Liza lands with a 'thud' or something. It really didnt seem like that from where I have been watching. On the contrary. The landings as everything else are effortless too. In some comps I saw on TV the thuds are indeed heard but its because the camera & mic is placed very closely & its not only during Liza's programms. Idk, maybe if we compare to Miyahara or some other skater the landing thud (or 'plomp' or some other word that person used) is indeed noticable but from the look of things I really couldnt hold it against her (lol i tried to see flaws I really did:p)

There were lots of wee girls who surronded Liza & took pics at K&C & it was adorbs. She was signing autographs on their skates btw) Hopefully it will bring them good luck in their future careers
With all the comments that she's tiny I didnt feel like she was (I'm 170cm btw)
I didnt want to bother her (& being an oldschool non gadget person I couldnt get a selfie anyway)
After her perf she quickly was gone (after giving autogr for the lil girls) but somehow I found the courage to call her name just when she was about to leave the building with her bf (Is Lazukin her bf btw??? I wasnt following her private life)))), congratulated her with the women's day & gave her my flowers. It was really brief but her smile is as shiny & charming as its on tv definitely:eek::

Fun trivia: before the the victory ceremony in the evening Peter Gumennik was doing 'jumpathon' (lmao he's such a little star!) & Liza (who was chilling with her bf (or not bf) on the K&C sofa started clapping & encouraging him :rock:
It was super cute. I hope he'll grow up & be the KING!

all in all it was worth skipping work & having to working today instead (too bad K/S were absent but I'll vent in their thread :))
Hopefully one day i can go to some bigger comp & cheer for Liza. She was absolutely mesmerising as I imaiged & even better live.

Dont have anything to say on 3A. Imo it may be better to wait til next season but ofc Mishin & Liza know best.

Thanks for your first-hand account. I'd love to see Elizaveta live. Her jumps are just the kind I most admire. And she's got loads of charisma even from a TV screen.