Evgeni Plushenko in Eurovision!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko in Eurovision!!!!

Eevun

Final Flight
What happened to Sweden? They were supposed to do well.. not enough block voting for them maybe.

We totally suck again :laugh: 18th, 18th, 5th and 19th place the last 4 years. It's just to face it, we have veeery different taste in music. She was so excpected to be the winner or at least top5 so the newspaper today just reports 'Disaster!' :laugh:
I think Sweden takes this way too serious, we need to learn that the eastern countries rocks and that we have to send a different type of music to win ;) well, I don't know, I don't care. I think it's just a big great party where you learn about new cultures. My favourites this year were (except for Russia) Israel, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Azerbaijan. Turkey rocked too :rock:
I think the final contained better songs than in many years, great too see.

Congratulations to Dima Bilan. What an unusual competition. How come we do not have something like that on this side of the planet?!
I think that Sweden sold our Swedish Song Contest concept to US, the states are to compete with eachother or something. We've got 4 semi-finals with two winners from each and then one big final before deciding who to represent the county. Takes half the winter/spring..... As said before, we take this way to serious... But I heard that Iceland had 16 semi-finals, they're worse than us :laugh:

Last edited:

Mafke

Medalist
Sweden needs to get some Balkan immigrant to represent them (to get all those SE European votes).

The old Scandinavian alliance is just too small now days. Maybe Scania and Jamtland can become separate countries and get more votes that way....

antmanb

Record Breaker
And Terry Wogan predictably had a hissy fit at the UK entry not getting many points. I guess when you think that the travesties from France and Spain scored more than the UK he might have a point.

I genuinely thought that the entry from Iceland was so camp and totally eurovision that it would win...it did about as well as the UK.

Ant