exhibition gala | Golden Skate

exhibition gala

dugyiho

Rinkside
Does anyone know how many skaters they will show in the exhibition gala? Is it final 5 for each discipline? I hope so, because I would like to see Joannie Rochette. Canada is so proud of her.

rob43

On the Ice
I think its top 4 but the host country can insert their top skaters. I could be wrong as lately I have been often.

I am hoping they have Silvia skate- just because I like her.

Johar

Medalist
rob43 said:
I think its top 4 but the host country can insert their top skaters. I could be wrong as lately I have been often.

I am hoping they have Silvia skate- just because I like her.

I would also like to see Silvia (and Carolina) skate too.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I do hope they do. They have to give the fans their monies worth. I, as a spectator would rather see 20 programs instead of just 16. I am very proud of Joannie. She really did well and I hope good things for her future. I'd really like to see her skate in the exibition.

Good JoB JOANNIE, we are proud of you!!!!!!

K-Mo

On the Ice
I hope Sasha doesn't skate to "Rain on my Parade" again. That song grates on my nerves. Also, she used it last year. Both of her competitive programs were recycled, so you'd think she could muster up a new exhibition.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
K-Mo said:
I hope Sasha doesn't skate to "Rain on my Parade" again. That song grates on my nerves. Also, she used it last year. Both of her competitive programs were recycled, so you'd think she could muster up a new exhibition.
I hope she does skate to it. I like it.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Johnny Weir will be skating in the exhibition so barring injuries or what not I think it's top 5 in each disipline!!!

ceg15

On the Ice
Yeah, It'd be great to see Joannie in the exhibition... she did such a good job and Canada's so proud of her.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
I was actually really disappointed at the gala. I think some skaters need new programmes, the music wasn't all that...

And I was really hoping to see Buttle skate to Fix You, but he had some other music. I also think Suguri's outfit was hideous, and she's normally the best dressed skater I think. that top with those pants were not flattering at all. Zhao's shirt was also really not good looking. Someone should extinct neon colors, they don't look on anyone..

rain

Record Breaker
Engwaciriel said:
I was actually really disappointed at the gala. I think some skaters need new programmes, the music wasn't all that...

And I was really hoping to see Buttle skate to Fix You, but he had some other music. I also think Suguri's outfit was hideous, and she's normally the best dressed skater I think. that top with those pants were not flattering at all. Zhao's shirt was also really not good looking. Someone should extinct neon colors, they don't look on anyone..

Buttle didn't skate to Fix You???? I'm absolutely crushed! I loved that program at Canadians (some wobbles, but who cares?) I was so looking forward to seeing it again. What did he skate to? Ave Maria? That's a gorgeous program too.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
rain said:
Buttle didn't skate to Fix You???? I'm absolutely crushed! I loved that program at Canadians (some wobbles, but who cares?) I was so looking forward to seeing it again. What did he skate to? Ave Maria? That's a gorgeous program too.

eh, I'm not sure what the song was called. Something by Michale Bublé (is that his name), It might have been called "feel good" or soemthing. He also used the same costume as in the SP..

rain

Record Breaker
Engwaciriel said:
eh, I'm not sure what the song was called. Something by Michale Bublé (is that his name), It might have been called "feel good" or soemthing. He also used the same costume as in the SP..

Why oh why? I am so not a fan of Buble. Ick. Fix You was soooo great. Maybe it was about getting rights to the music or something?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Engwaciriel said:

I love the song "I'm Feeling Good"!!!!!! But I was hoping Evan would get around to skating it *whines* :rock:

FauveNik

Rinkside
' Feeling Good' will Always be Nina Simones song but I must say for Michael Bublé he did well ( or the orchestra did i should say) :)
Fauve