Exhibitions? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Exhibitions?

nycskate2014

Rinkside
My DVR for some reason didn't record the gala and instead recorded the biathlon instead even tho I set it up last night to record the damn gala (***)

anyways, so I end having to watch it just now on primetime while they replay it....

and They Showed just Gracie Gold and Yuna Kim...That's it....HILARIOUS!!!

after Yuna Kim's gala....the goto commercial, then come back and switch to another competition. I thought it was funny that they didn't show the ladies Gold medalist's Gala, or Charlie white and Meryl davis's gala. ***?[/Q

It is on CBC website...but some people they saying it blocked

colourmeblue

Rinkside
Does anyone know what was going on with Patrick's shirt at the very end of the gala where everyone was skating around the rink? He was with Tessa and Scott and I don't know if a button or two fell off, but he was talking to them about it and wouldn't stop playing with it and looking down at it LOL.

I don't think it was caught on most cameras, but CBC showed a replay in a later broadcast. Towards the end, when the guys were making one last trip across the ice, Yuzuru almost butterfly jumped right into Patrick and I believe his blade may have swiped Patrick's shirt. :slink: Thankfully there didn't appear to be any damage.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
My DVR for some reason didn't record the gala and instead recorded the biathlon instead even tho I set it up last night to record the damn gala (***)
!?

Mine was set up too, but when I went to sit down to watch it (about 30 min before it was supposed to air). It showed biathalon etc) a quick search showed that it wasn't being shown live on any NBC station. :( Not sure why they changed their minds about showing it. There's supposed to be a whole hour starting at midnight though so hopefully we'll get most of the skaters.

melly

Rinkside
Just in case any US viewers (or viewers with access to NBC) missed it, Bob Costas just said that there would be more Gala in the late night program. And my guide says that midnight-1 a.m. Eastern is the gala and nothing but the gala.

melly

Rinkside
BravesSkateFan -- Great minds think alike. We posted the same thing at the same time. :D :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
LOL, I have been posting about the NBC midnight broadcast since yesterday ... in multiple threads, including this one ....

Angryyew

Rinkside
Out4dolo, The Gala was not shown on TV today, it was only online so your DVR was not wrong, the guild was wrong. It is available for full replay online.

It's nice that it's online and all, but I'm kinda irked they didn't show the whole thing either on NBCSN or the 2 pm NBC broadcast, since a large portion of the coverage was events they have already aired.....some of them 3 or 4 times. Even the prime time broadcast contains events they've shown more than once. I guess they are running out of filler, so they wanted to try and pull people in by holding back the skating for prime time. Hopefully there will be more of it in late night.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just in case any US viewers (or viewers with access to NBC) missed it, Bob Costas just said that there would be more Gala in the late night program. And my guide says that midnight-1 a.m. Eastern is the gala and nothing but the gala.

It's not going to be just the gala though. They're going to waste time showing more of Bob Costas' interview with the president of the IOC.

I know that there's been stuff from the Olympics available On-Demand on my cable box, but I have no idea what might be available from the gala, and if there are performances available, how long they will be there.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Weren't they showing the USA men's hockey whipping Finland for the bronze medal when they were scheduled to show the Gala? Oh, I'm sorry, it was the other way around. Finland sent USA packing. What an embarrassment. At least the USA women made it to the gold medal match and were in it until the end.

Angryyew

Rinkside
Weren't they showing the USA men's hockey whipping Finland for the bronze medal when they were scheduled to show the Gala? Oh, I'm sorry, it was the other way around. Finland sent USA packing. What an embarrassment. At least the USA women made it to the gold medal match and were in it until the end.

I'm not that into hockey, but I really enjoyed the women's match. Very exciting. The mens.....not so much lol.