First Place/Last Place Lessons and Practices June 2-8 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

First Place/Last Place Lessons and Practices June 2-8

• Thread starter starshinexavier
  • Start date
L

Lanechka

Re: First Place/Last Place Lessons and Practices June 2-8

First Place--I worked on jumps and stuff today, and a lot on spins. I'm getting a one-rotation camel before I stumble out of it, but it's coming along just fine, so I'm proud of that one. Sit spins too are better (before I really sit on them, LOL).

Last Place--The ice was HORRIBLE today. Ugh. The Zamboni didn't do much good...lots of ruts. I got stuck doing crossovers! I also saw some lady who was doing doubles and flying camels. She didn't seem too interested when I asked her how long she'd been skating. Blah.

C

Cinderella On Ice

Lanechka - well "blah" back to the lady with the doubles and the flying camels! Though that's probably what people think about me sometimes, because I am FIERCELY protective of my scarce and precious practice ice time and I do NOT stop and chat while the ice is available. But usually I'm a lot nicer about it, maybe smiling and saying, "I'd LOVE to talk to you more, will you be here when the session ends?" or something like that. As for your [Joe] Camel :cool: , cool! Are you remembering to really use your abs to "lock" yourself in place? A strong core is just ESSENTIAL for a good camel spin and getting the nice rotation. Sounds like you've made good progress!

L

Lanechka

Use abs? How do I do that? Heh-heh. I'm meeting my coach on Thursday (LAST DAY OF MY JR. YEAR WOOT!) and I'm gonna tell her all about my camel and sit attempts. :)