Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 95 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

BusyMom

Medalist
Because the always ask me about Milan here. It does makes sense though.
Milan, Inter and Juve are the biggest and most well known Italian clubs at international level. ;)
Nobody cares about Roma. :laugh:
Think about it this way...Roma is more well-known than Lazio. :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
:rofl:

Anyway congratulation for yesterday Milan first cup of the season. I hope they keep up the good work since I'm a big fan of Pippo. Don't want to see him go. I also heard about Torres' news. :think:

What Torres news? You just run around throwing out these hints, BusyMom! Admit it - you love to tease. :)

About Roma - it always make me think of Totti. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
What Torres news? You just run around throwing out these hints, BusyMom! Admit it - you love to tease. :)

About Roma - it always make me think of Totti. :)
Sorry sorry...:laugh: I just heard it during Man United match (1-1 draw with Sunderland :biggrin:) that Milan is talking to sign Torres. Not sure how reliable is of the news. You know those commentators are. Might be just a smoke since he wasn't even at the bench yesterday.

Alba

Record Breaker
Think about it this way...Roma is more well-known than Lazio. :biggrin:

:laugh: Yes. That's my consolation prize.

About Roma - it always make me think of Totti.

He's the greatest. :love:

I just heard it during Man United match (1-1 draw with Sunderland :biggrin:) that Milan is talking to sign Torres. Not sure how reliable is of the news. You know those commentators are. Might be just a smoke since he wasn't even at the bench yesterday.

Milan is always talking about buying some of these big (ex) names. They end up with Flaimini. :p
In this case though, who knows. Might be true.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I feel uncomfortable with the way they define the value of players with those prices. :unsure:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Lately, I haven't been following this thread much so apologies if someone else has already posted anything about this. It's a NY Times story about the use of artificial turf for the Women's World Cup next year. Abby Wambach and several other players have gotten together to start a lawsuit. I don't know enough about the game to comment very intelligently but based on what I've read and heard on sundry news reports, playing on this stuff sounds like it can be downright dangerous at times. Not to mention the fact that AFAIK no one is asking the men to play on it. Thoughts, anyone?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/s...atedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Meoima, I like your new avatar! Is that your kitty? :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Let's be honest, football players are pretty dumb. Many of them anyway. :biggrin:
Well, most of them play football to change their lives so... What a sad truth. Anyways I am not a fan of Muller but I have just known he had refused to join ManU for more chances and $$. It's good to have your feet on the ground. I hate all the big deal in club level. Those money doesn't sound real to me. The thing I like about national teams is that you can't transfer, if there is something rotten, you either live with it and try your best to improve it.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, most of them play football to change their lives so... What a sad truth. .

No, I don't count that category.
I'm speaking about those European football players who didn't have the kind of problems that others, like in Africa etc., might have.
I mean what's the excuse even for some coaches who don't know how to speak (to start with) in their own language? :bang:

alebi

Medalist
Don't tell me you're a Lazio fan. :laugh:

No I'm not a football lover in general. I just have a soft spot for the team finished third last year, something related to family's origin :rolleye: So... maybe Roma isn't really well-liked here :laugh: But I have a dear friend who is totally for Roma.... I feel like I'm surrounded :laugh:

And yes... football is full of "ignorant" people :disapp: In Italy, at least, it's the typical sport people do when they don't like school because they know they have a future even in minor leagues while all the other sports don't give you a safe future even if you're at the top, and so you have to go on studying.

Alba

Record Breaker
I just have a soft spot for the team finished third last year, something related to family's origin :rolleye: So... maybe Roma isn't really well-liked here :laugh:

Well, I'm not a typica Roma fan tbh. I think the majority of them are burini.
I have a very soft spot for Napoli too. Not only I like how they play but I love that city and my best friend is from Napoli.
In fact, I'm going on Friday for lunch there. I'm in Rome at the moment. :yay:

And yes... football is full of "ignorant" people :disapp:In Italy, at least, it's the typical sport people do when they don't like school because they know they have a future even in minor leagues while all the other sports don't give you a safe future even if you're at the top, and so you have to go on studying.

Almost everywhere. ;)

alebi

Medalist
In fact, I'm going on firday for lunch there.

Great! Please bring me some panuozzo, crocchette, pizzelle, parigine, provolone if you can :laugh:

I hope the best for this evening match or I don't know how I'll stand my father :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
Great! Please bring me some panuozzo, crocchette, pizzelle, parigine, provolone if you can :laugh:

:biggrin::thumbsup:

I hope the best for this evening match or I don't know how I'll stand my father :laugh:

Me too. I'm watching it with my friends from Napoli. They're having a heart attack. :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Knowing that you are enjoying times in Rome. Don't know why suddenly I want some pizza. :cry: