French Masters 2016, 6-8 Oct. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

French Masters 2016, 6-8 Oct.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
They're playing it safe. Who would've thought :dbana:

There should go post about that little pony, but I'll reserve it until I see their FD in better quality to make sure what I think is correct :dbana:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
How is this better that Cappellini/Lanotte using Charlie Chaplin?... I'm dissapointed, they can do better than doing same style again.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The music is different though... just that the choreography...isn't so much. But it's hard to tell from that quality video...

icedance

On the Ice
How is this better that Cappellini/Lannote using Charlie Chaplin?... I'm dissapointed, they can do better than doing same style again.
Everybody attacked C/L...but P/C are doing the same now 3 years in a row...

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
How is this better that Cappellini/Lannote using Charlie Chaplin?... I'm dissapointed, they can do better than doing same style again.
My feeling exactly. very, very disappointing FD

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow, Laurine ended up 5 points ahead of Meite in the free, and received higher PCS marks as well. Laurine seemed to have a relatively good outing here. The battle for France's #1 lady might be close this year (especially with only one spot for Worlds)!

elif

Medalist
After the talks from coaches I imagined something creative and different for P/C. What is different in here really? They were really different team in their junior years but we lost them to another Zoueva unfortunately.. Apparently this time coaches can't even recognize creative from copy. I lost all my respect to Romain Haguenauer who thought this is different and he believe they take risks.:laugh: Really funny. :laugh:

Byt the way I like the part from beginning to spin element. Music changes between elements and they are reflecting. Quiet start and first lift, music changes and twizzles, music changes and lift, music changes and steps+spin. It is building until there, but last part totally lost everyting. Too safe, too boring. You had to finish strong. Their finish is so bad, it sweep good work of the start. I think two rotational lifts should be back to back with strong music. Also all lifts are weak. Very predictable.

It is time for them to go outside choreographer. A choreographer who believe this free dance is risk, shouldn't be choreographer to olympic champions.

olayolay

On the Ice
They shouldn't have talked it up as being so avant garde. Chock/Bates's 'Under Pressure' is more interesting than this.

sarama

Medalist
Okay the video quality isn't the best, but I am DISAPPOINTED. Last year they had two strong programs, this year I find the SD not a good fit at all for them, but maybe it can improve, while I have no hope for the FD (unless they redo the choreo from scratch): the music is stunning and I love the 2nd lift, everything else is just unimpressive and looks like any other generic Gadbois program, plus I think there are pairs' programs with more closed skating than that. Seriously in some moments they look like two single skaters doing their thing, while the other one just happen to be on the ice as well. They deserve way better than these programs.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'll go ahead and say it, barring something miraculous V/M are the 2017 world champions. I could barely make it through the entire program. P/C should be bored with themselves at this point. Even C/L's FD was more watchable than this.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Yeah, it may not be a bad dance per se, but they don't challenge themself and that's what disappointing.

icedance

On the Ice
A very touching message from Gabriella on Instagram ! Respect ! Love her so much
She is right. It's unbelievable what's happening on Youtube. But I think under C/L's Nebelhorn videos the situation is rougher. It was heartbreaking to read those comments...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Most of the comments I saw were nothing out of ordinary. And she's allowed to express her opinion. I agree there's nothing good in tearing other people apart, but maybe this is a sign that they could try different approaches. The way she worded her answer was a bit poised, but I don't fault her for that. There's a group of her own fans doing the same around YouTube, though.

Snow63

Record Breaker
She is right. It's unbelievable what's happening on Youtube. But I think under C/L's Nebelhorn videos the situation is rougher. It was heartbreaking to read those comments...

Yes, and those French commentaries under Bobrova/Soloviev's video are beyond rude too. But oh well, it's the internet... always was and always will be that way.

heavy

Rinkside
Yes, and those French commentaries under Bobrova/Soloviev's video are beyond rude too. But oh well, it's the internet... always was and always will be that way.

She is not talking about herself, but about she see happen to others.