2023 CS Finlandia Trophy Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Finlandia Trophy Free Dance

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
But I didn’t like this as much as I did the first time I saw it
Funny you should say that.. i just caught up and that was my first thought.

Though the first time I saw it the cameras were quite far away. So while I thought it was good i did decide to reserve judgment until I could get a good look at how they performed it with the facial expressions up close. And I'm not as wowed by it. Though maybe it's just how they are today..

Edited to add that I forgot they even competed at the Nebelhorn trophy. So not memorable for me I guess.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Orihara and Pirenen are fabulous. It's hard to imagine a more perfect vehicle for them than Chicago... except maybe Cabaret?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just watched FBS. Loved the costumes. Loved that they did different music cuts. They really bring up the emotional level. I was scared about that choice but I think it will be great for them !

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think the writing is on the wall - FBS are being "dropped". Yes they made a major major mistkie in the FD but they are not being held up like the Georigians (ET's daughter team when they fell or l ike Chock and Bates from last season. There is no reason for that FD receiving a score of over 125 if not 130. They were aiming for world gold but they are going backwards. I appreciate each event is different but they got beat by a team that might not make the US team. They took a risk in the FD and really sold it. THe judges like the Italians and it appears Fear and Gibson. For whatever reason the Canadians seem to go in and out of style depending the Season or moment. THey were correctly penalized in the RD but iti is a different event the FD and this performance by the Danadians warranted over 13 5 or at least 10 pts more than their nearest rivals in the FD.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
They got beat by superior teams that did not make major errors. One event doesn't make a season, and if FB/S are as good as many believe thay are they will not make many more major mistakes and they'll remain in the mix of elite dance teams.
No team should be held up at all, not somebody's favorite team or another team who has a famous (or infamous) coach closely related to them.)
The sky isn't falling on FB/S. It's just October, let's see how all the teams progress.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think the writing is on the wall - FBS are being "dropped". Yes they made a major major mistkie in the FD but they are not being held up like the Georigians (ET's daughter team when they fell or l ike Chock and Bates from last season. There is no reason for that FD receiving a score of over 125 if not 130. They were aiming for world gold but they are going backwards. I appreciate each event is different but they got beat by a team that might not make the US team. They took a risk in the FD and really sold it. THe judges like the Italians and it appears Fear and Gibson. For whatever reason the Canadians seem to go in and out of style depending the Season or moment. THey were correctly penalized in the RD but iti is a different event the FD and this performance by the Danadians warranted over 13 5 or at least 10 pts more than their nearest rivals in the FD.
I think one of their choreo element wasn't counted in the FD which is a few more points, plus the fact that they skated so early because of the error in the RD.

The difference with Diana and Gleb with a fall on their twizzles is that the element was counted so they kept a few points from it. I am not so sure why you would make such negative statements when it's just the first event of the year for them. I saw Carreira Ponomarenko live at CQÉ and they were not ready... normal, first time out. They have improved because this is now their 3rd event???

I am worried for some skaters like Roman who has been injured and who hasn't competed yet this year... but FBS? Nope. They are a strong team, they have good programs, they only need a bit of competition experience with these new programs. As a matter of fact, a less experienced team may have collapsed completely at this event after such a big mistake in the RD. They kept their cool and performed pretty much everything else really well... I don't understand the concerns at all.