Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

alain06fr

On the Ice
Until now, I was completely silent since the Europeans started.

The competitions are great but the atmosphere here is really "weird". That's the least I can say...
I would simply like to tell you "Guys, don't have big expectations for Gabriella and Guillaume FD results" and I would like to add "This has nothing to do with Gabriella and Guillaume's performances..."

I just hope I am completely wrong by writing this message but given the Ladies results as well as the Pairs results and the Ice dance SD results, I have more than big doubts. I actually have big concerns which are - once again - not related whatsoever with the performance Gabriella & Guillaume will deliver tomorrow...

yuna13

On the Ice

The competitions are great but the atmosphere here is really "weird". That's the least I can say...
I would simply like to tell you "Guys, don't have big expectations for Gabriella and Guillaume FD results" and I would like to add "This has nothing to do with Gabriella and Guillaume's performances..."

I just hope I am completely wrong by writing this message but given the Ladies results as well as the Pairs results and the Ice dance SD results, I have more than big doubts. I actually have big concerns which are - once again - not related whatsoever with the performance Gabriella & Guillaume will deliver tomorrow...

are you in ostrava?
no matter the results tomorrow i can't wait for your impression about gabriella and guillaume performance. :)

cocotaffy

Final Flight

I was already nervous but now you made it ten times worst. I'm gonna have to learn not to mind about results and just enjoy their always wonderful performances. Easier said than done.

maya1985

On the Ice

I hope too you are completely wrong:drama:

I tried to reassure myself before reading your message ... Now I imagine things ...:think: (kind they are absolutely not backed by a certain federation ...) I love dance and not politics, What is the deal?
I keep a little hope for this afternoon
(Quelque soit le résultat, transmets tout notre soutien à Gabriella et Guillaume, qu'on est avec eux à 1000% et qu'ils continuent à nous faire rêver:love:)

Last edited:

alain06fr

On the Ice
This morning, at the Main Rink, Gabriella and Guillaume were extremely focused and brilliant during the FD practice.
The first part of the music has been once again reworked - and this time significantly reworked - to make it more accessible to the audience. You will notice it for sure!
Guillaume's parent were there. According to them, Gaby & Guillaume FD practices yesterday were also great.

Coming back to the message I posted yesterday evening, I really hope I am totally wrong.
Now after the Ice Dance SD results & the Pairs results, the Ladies final ranking was the straw that broke the camels back, as the old saying goes.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
This morning, at the Main Rink, Gabriella and Guillaume were extremely focused and brilliant during the FD practice.
The first part of the music has been once again reworked - and this time significantly reworked - to make it more accessible to the audience. You will notice it for sure!
Guillaume's parent were there. According to them, Gaby & Guillaume FD practices yesterday were also great.

Coming back to the message I posted yesterday evening, I really hope I am totally wrong.
Now after the Ice Dance SD results & the Pairs results, the Ladies final ranking was the straw that broke the camels back, as the old saying goes.

As Maya have said earlier, please let them know how wonderful they are as skaters. They should never doubt their special ability to convey deep and intense emotions whatever the results and the politics, my new moto :biggrin:

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

hi could you be a bit clearer?

yuna13

On the Ice
i can breathe now. :)

again a wonderful perfomance from gabriella and guillaume. gosebumps,cheels...

the score could have benn higher but with this tech panel i think it was impossible.

Plumededragon

Medalist
i can breathe now. :)

again a wonderful perfomance from gabriella and guillaume. gosebumps,cheels...

the score could have benn higher but with this tech panel i think it was impossible.
They rightfully won again, so happy! :yahoo: But regarding the tech panel, there's apparently a problem. Yesterday, the Italian's mistake has not been counted before there were complain from coaches and Russian fed. It has been fixed, but now people are complaining about the Italian (again) because apparently the mistake on the twizzles has not been counted... is that true? I find it hard to believe, it would be a strange deal to see that happening again AND with the same team...:confused: I hope the protocols will be out soon.

yuna13

On the Ice
They rightfully won again, so happy! :yahoo: But regarding the tech panel, there's apparently a problem. Yesterday, the Italian's mistake has not been counted before there were complain from coaches and Russian fed. It has been fixed, but now people are complaining about the Italian (again) because apparently the mistake on the twizzles has not been counted... is that true? I find it hard to believe, it would be a strange deal to see that happening again AND with the same team...:confused: I hope the protocols will be out soon.

C/L twizzles weren't perfect and they got a level 4 and +1 in goe. so russian aren't happy. gabriella made a mistake in the sd in the twizlles in the step sequence and they got a level 2.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
C/L twizzles weren't perfect and they got a level 4 and +1 in goe. so russian aren't happy. gabriella made a mistake in the sd in the twizlles in the step sequence and they got a level 2.
Wow! Ok the tech panel at this ID competition was a bit strange then. Hopefully the one at World will be better. Thanks for telling me.

liv

Record Breaker
Yes, Anna put her foot down during the first set of twizzles. It was strange to see the scoring because any mistake there is usually a huge deal in the marks.

But, P/C skated very well and deserved another European title. I thought they skated very well here today. Personally I prefer the programs from the 2 previous years, maybe it's a case of similar programs each year (which is fine, they own this style) , but it's still a wonderful program. They are beautiful skaters who just flow through every move. They are in a class of their own for sure.

Spot

On the Ice
I am really happy for them and will enjoy this performance and accomplishment of theirs and think about scores and Worlds later. No use worrying now (I am telling myself this not anyone else, haha;))!

yuna13

On the Ice
someone translate in french what Tatiana said:
"Regardez comment ils patinent ensemble, regardez, regardez ce qu'ils font. Le programme est passé très vite, j’ai envie de le voir encore et encore, je ne veux pas que ça se termine. Les juges dans la danse originale leur ont mis des bâtons dans les roues. Ils n'ont pas vu ou pas voulu voir les fautes des Italiens, mais cette fois-ci ça ne peut pas se passer comme ça. Il ne faut pas étouffer un tel talent (PC), c'est interdit, il ne faut pas y toucher, vous comprenez. Les ententes qui existent entre les juges ne doivent pas y toucher. Ce qui s’est passé avec les Italiens sur la FD est scandaleux (elle était absolument furieuse) et ne peut pas être justifié. Les Français aujourd’hui sont les meilleurs de tous et ça aussi c’est clair. (...)Les juges ont déjà décidé de cause leur perte. Il ne leur reste rien à faire, les juges cherchent à les atteindre pour qu’ils ne soient pas champions olympiques en danse sur glace et ils vont arriver à leurs fins. Les juges se sont entendus. Les Italiens avec leur patinage et leurs fautes aujourd'hui auraient du perdre beaucoup et être beaucoup plus loin (dans le classement)”.
Quand les notes ont été données elle s’est étonnée qu’elles soient si basses et qu’ils n’aient pas battu un record du monde. Son confrère a dit que les notes étaient honnêtes et elle a répondu “honnêtes? Quand ils se sont mis d’accord ? Pourquoi ils n’ont pas obtenu plus ? Pas de record du monde ? Comment ça se fait qu’en patinant comme ils l’ont fait ils n’obtiennent pas de record du monde ?” Qui est-ce qu’on a comme juges dans le panel technique ?” Puis” Vraiment classement affligeant !"

basically she loved them and she said the judges are breaking them down cause They don't want them to be olympic champion. she also said that they should of break the world record.
it's just nice to hear someone saying nice things about them.

thank to taheu.

Spot

On the Ice
someone translate in french what Tatiana said:
"Regardez comment ils patinent ensemble, regardez, regardez ce qu'ils font. Le programme est passé très vite, j’ai envie de le voir encore et encore, je ne veux pas que ça se termine. Les juges dans la danse originale leur ont mis des bâtons dans les roues. Ils n'ont pas vu ou pas voulu voir les fautes des Italiens, mais cette fois-ci ça ne peut pas se passer comme ça. Il ne faut pas étouffer un tel talent (PC), c'est interdit, il ne faut pas y toucher, vous comprenez. Les ententes qui existent entre les juges ne doivent pas y toucher. Ce qui s’est passé avec les Italiens sur la FD est scandaleux (elle était absolument furieuse) et ne peut pas être justifié. Les Français aujourd’hui sont les meilleurs de tous et ça aussi c’est clair. (...)Les juges ont déjà décidé de cause leur perte. Il ne leur reste rien à faire, les juges cherchent à les atteindre pour qu’ils ne soient pas champions olympiques en danse sur glace et ils vont arriver à leurs fins. Les juges se sont entendus. Les Italiens avec leur patinage et leurs fautes aujourd'hui auraient du perdre beaucoup et être beaucoup plus loin (dans le classement)”.
Quand les notes ont été données elle s’est étonnée qu’elles soient si basses et qu’ils n’aient pas battu un record du monde. Son confrère a dit que les notes étaient honnêtes et elle a répondu “honnêtes? Quand ils se sont mis d’accord ? Pourquoi ils n’ont pas obtenu plus ? Pas de record du monde ? Comment ça se fait qu’en patinant comme ils l’ont fait ils n’obtiennent pas de record du monde ?” Qui est-ce qu’on a comme juges dans le panel technique ?” Puis” Vraiment classement affligeant !"

basically she loved them and she said the judges are breaking them down cause They don't want them to be olympic champion. she also said that they should of break the world record.
it's just nice to hear someone saying nice things about them.

thank to taheu.

Wow. Yeah...I said I wouldn't worry but it's pointless to resist really. I had a feeling (and it may be entirely subjective) that Guillaume especially was a bit resigned during the victory ceremony etc... as if he knew where this was headed now with that score. I hope I am completely off-base. As I said before I am really hoping to see them in Helsinki and I want them to be happy, win or lose.