Gambill Moves Training Base to Colo. Springs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Gambill Moves Training Base to Colo. Springs

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Chen will go to Colo. to continue to train, along with several other students, under Gambill. #TeamBroadmoor

....although as we all know, changes can take place from day to day!

I wished Alex Ouriashev being her new main coach, with Marina Zueva as choreographer.

She needs to fix some of the jumps (especially the 3T in the combination) and she needs more appealing programs: not that i dislike the idea to choreograph your own program, but the result isn't just all that memorable from what we've seen so far.

Cindy1983

Rinkside
The New England Sports Center has 8 large surfaces and 2 mini ones. http://www.nes.com/Images/NESC_Rink_Map.pdf I believe there are other similar facilities. I understand that not every rink is that size but when you say most have 2-3 back East that's still on average a lot large than the single sheet facilities we have in LA. Many of the single sheet rinks in LA are also not full NHL or Olympic sized.

The National Sports Center has 8 https://www.nscsports.org/ though that is in WI so that's probably technically not back east. My point is being in California doesn't offer the greatest facilities and ice time is important for figure skaters.

Not surprised that rink is in NE, it's cold up there meaning that winter sports are more a part of the culture, sort of like beach volleyball is in CA.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wished Alex Ouriashev being her new main coach, with Marina Zueva as choreographer.

She needs to fix some of the jumps (especially the 3T in the combination) and she needs more appealing programs: not that i dislike the idea to choreograph your own program, but the result isn't just all that memorable from what we've seen so far.

I was hoping the same and really wanting her to wipe the slate clean and start fresh somewhere else. We never really heard much after the try out with Alex. But, it's her life and her skating career, so I'm sure she and her family considered all things and made the best decision for her. Sounds like she jumped right in and is already working on her new programs.