Getting to know Switzerland's Lukas Britschgi | Golden Skate

Getting to know Switzerland's Lukas Britschgi

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lukas Britschgi of Switzerland showed a nearly flawless performance in the Free Skate at the 2023 European Championships. The 24-year-old surprised everyone, including himself, by taking the bronze medal at this event in Espoo, Finland. In our interview, we get to know Britschgi better as we talk about his long road leading to this success, his recent bike accident, how he celebrated his medal, and more!

đź“ą https://youtu.be/wPORY0oOGLc

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
That was a fun interview: as surprised himself as we all were (I don't think many people expected him to perform so well, and after an accident too) but also rather down to earth in a way because he realises very well you can't be a top skater for ever. A very nice young man, and it's very pleasant that he is so genuinely happy. A compliment for his English too. Thanks for the interview gsk8!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lukas is such an engaging interview (and expresses himself well in English, kudos) His admiration of Stéphane, not having learned his 2A (not 3A, 2A) until age 15:oops: and just his down to earth attitude, his goal, particularly after his accident, just to finish in top ten at Europeans, which of course he over-achieved.:biggrin:

I’m glad I learned more about this young man. :)