2023 European Championships Men's Free Skate | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Men's Free Skate

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That Free Skate was not perfect but more than enough to ensure the win the title.

Well done Adam Siao Him Fa for winning the Gold Medal. Also big congrats to Matteo and Lukas who surprised many including me. :clap:

midori green

On the Ice
Kevin was crying after Matteo's skate, right? He would have been in the 2nd place chair at that point: Lukas in 1st (because Matteo wasn't in the chairs yet), then Kevin, then Deniss in 3rd.
Oh, that could be. It was such a quick camera shot, it sent my brain swirling in confusion.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m happy with results. But, the one thing that frustrates me with mens skating is that a wonderful 4T is landed and then a followed up with a dismal 2T that defeats the whole purpose and strategy regarding maximizing points. At the same time, it is nice to know that clean performances with no quads can still be competitive in this realm. 240+-260+ is not that high and can be attained with just well landed 3As and triples.

Congrats to Adam, Matteo and Lukas!

Demandred

On the Ice
I am really happy for Matteo Rizzo, he needed this after the struggles in the last few years. He is such a captivating skater when he is at his best and he showed it tonight, especially once the jumps were out of the way and he knew he was about to medal.

Deserved win for Adam, he wasn't as good as in the short but did enough to preserve most of his lead. Deserved bronze for Lukas too, he really delivered tonight.

I am sad that Kevin couldn't get a medal, but under the circumstances he did really well.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What an evening. Exciting, unexpected until the end. So happy for the deserved podium, and - I can't help it - also sad for those who skated well but still missed out. Good night everybody!

withwings

On the Ice
...have not watched yet, looked in the results... sooo, sooo happy for all medalists, especially for Matteo Rizzo! Bravo!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did see the final flight, even if no time to comment. :biggrin:

The podium is as it should be, well deserved boys:clap:. I would have been happier if Kévin or Deniss had managed the podium, but they would have had to skate cleaner for that, and they did not. Still love what they gave to their programs.

Adam. no surprise really with the gold, Matteo pulls it off for Team Italia, and Lukas continues to improve, so impressive.

Now for some quality time with the US men. ;)

sworddance21

On the Ice
I just watched Matteo - I'm catching up - SUCH a good performance. I wish he would have held the ending moment at least a beat. He created SUCH a good vibe - performance wise - let it land a sec before you drop out.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
me too. on the other hand the medalists were really fantastic (maybe Adam not so much, but never mind, I wished the gold), but I feel a bit of lack in overall
can the US ladies' sp be rewatched somewhere?

I am afraid I do not know, I am in the US and subscribe to Peacock. I do not see the women's SP up, they have been bad with replays.