Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Aesthetically I liked the dance outfits, too, but ENOUGH WITH THE FLAPPY FABRIC ALL OVER THE PLACE. Staviyisky's shirt flew up SO high and SO often he may as well have come out there shirtless to begin with!!!

I thought Rene Lohse actually looked pretty darn good, but then again I usually do...:D Though point taken about the hair, tho at least it's still shorter than Kati Winkler's!! (Unlike the Anissina/Peizerat look where with bad TV reception you couldn't tell Gwendael from Marina.....:D )

viennese

Rinkside
This thread is my favorite. I wish I'd been able to watch this event live on Eurosport.

The Unfavorites:

Bulgarian Ice Dance Chiffon Mummies
The best dance, I thought, taken down a notch by the out of control costume

Orange 'n' Blue: Winkler and Lohse are two the most gorgeous people in sport, but those costumes were unkind.

Favorites:

Miki Ando's blue short program outfit with deep V in the back.

Fumie Suguri in black, with leggings, for the short.

Tanith Belbin's red free dance dress

clairecloutier

Final Flight
You guys are making me laugh with this thread! :)

Yes, I agree we saw a little too much of Shizuka last night, in particular her bottom half. :) And yes, Sasha's plunging neckline look is not at ALL flattering. For all the time Sasha apparently spends on her costumes, you would hope for better results.

Overall, I'd have to say MK was the best-dressed lady at this event, which often seems to be the case.

soogar

Record Breaker
At least Plushy's dress isn't as bad as his sex bomb costume.

Arakawa is a cheeky competitor.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Nancys black dress with the silver trim is one of my favorites along

Was that the one for her 1994 Olympic SP or for her 1993 "Beauty and the Beast" LP? I thought both were great.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
good swan/bad swan award :I love Shizuka's original bondage swan lake costume, the new one looks too much like Sasha's previous SL costume, which I didn't like, but I liked better than the new one. *whew* But still, bondage swan is always more interesting than blah swan....

most fabulous hands award: Love, love, love Plush's lacey cuffs in his FS and love that he didn't wear gloves.

best cleavage: Michelle, of course. :D I also really like her new SP dress.

Oh, yeah, respect to Idle for invoking the memory of my second favorite Alexander Abt costume! :laugh:

Laura :)

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Let's see...

Shizuka could have done with fewer feathers for Swan Lake...the sun and moon dance team gave me nightmares, scary outfits...Plushy's outfit drew my attention to his exquisitely proportioned body:love: (drool!), he made me a fan in more ways than one at these Worlds, no lie, to quote Nadine:)...

Pity about Shizuka's cheekiness:) My favorite ladies costume was Fumie's SP outfit, hands down--just TOO cool for words. Irina's LP costume would be my next fave. I too prefer Michelle's blue Nats SP outfit to the white one, and the first gold one (2003) to both of those.

Does anyone have a picture of the bondage swan outfit??????? Also, WOW Shen & Zhao, SP outfits:love::love: Favorite outfits of the competition in all disciplines!!!

Sarah

viennese

Rinkside
I remember much discussion of the Bondage Swan outfit -- the all white/shiny/with feathers and buckles outfit by a Japanese high fashion designer. It was wild. Really, it looked better than it sounds. Kind of sexy, if I recall.

I'd give the best costume, for the men, to Joubert, for his Matrix FS outfit.

I was baffled by that studded fake leather thing around Michael Weiss' neck in the short program. There seemed to be some butch/Medieval/martial concept behind the costume and choreography

I'm sorry. But I didn't see whatever movie Weiss was doing out there.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
Piel said:
I like Shizuka's dress..looks very art deco and reminds me of the Chrysler Building (in a good way)

Channeling Nancy Kerrigan Award to Sasha.

The Janet Jackson costume malfunction award to Jenny Kirk for her QR mishap.
what happened to Jenny? i didn't hear about this.

juleswitz

Spectator
LOL about Shizuka's dress looking like it was made by AP's mom.

Favorites:

Michelle Kwan's SP dress
All of Tanith Belbin's dresses (I even think her perm in the Midnight Blues was fab!)
Jenny Kirk's SP dress
Brian Joubert's Matrix
S/Z's Nutcracker
Fumie Suguri's SP

Least favorites:

Sasha Cohen's new Swan Lake dress...I loved the old one (maybe not the cutout, but the black & white looked great) and Sasha's Malaguena dress...the old one was also better haha.
Both of Shizuka's dresses
TT/MM long program
Both of Johnny Weir's...

mariana

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
Aesthetically I liked the dance outfits, too, but ENOUGH WITH THE FLAPPY FABRIC ALL OVER THE PLACE. Staviyisky's shirt flew up SO high and SO often he may as well have come out there shirtless to begin with!!!
Why didn't he?:cry: That would have been fantastic:love:

Lucy25

Final Flight
viennese said:
II was baffled by that studded fake leather thing around Michael Weiss' neck in the short program. There seemed to be some butch/Medieval/martial concept behind the costume and choreography

I'm sorry. But I didn't see whatever movie Weiss was doing out there.
Actually Michael's outfit looks almost identical to the one worn by the title character in the movie Henry V (the soundtrack he skated to). If you haven't seen the movie then I can understand your bafflement.:laugh: The problem I had with it is that it looked heavy to me and I kept thinking he must be hot.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
WuzRobbed. Shiz. I hope she got a partial refund on the cost of the costume for the part that wuz missing, you know, the part that wuz supposed to be covering her backside.
........Amen to that......what were her people thinking.....:eek: 42

N

nthuz

OK, I'm getting irritated because I can't figure out how to get the pic here or provide the link.

Anyway, I am so surprised that someone thought J Kirk should get the "Wardrobe Malfunction Award" over Tatiana Navka.

To see what I mean go to Reuters.com and search pictures for Tatiana Navka, then click on the second 2 pics.

humbaba

Final Flight
Mikki Ando gets my vote for best dressed. Her midnight blue SP dress was so simple and elegant. Very classy.

viennese

Rinkside
Lucy25 said:
Actually Michael's outfit looks almost identical to the one worn by the title character in the movie Henry V (the soundtrack he skated to). If you haven't seen the movie then I can understand your bafflement.:laugh: The problem I had with it is that it looked heavy to me and I kept thinking he must be hot.

Henry V! Thank you. I get it now. I agree, the neckpiece looked heavy and restrictive.

When costumers start slapping on leather 'n' metal to convey "military/fierce" or yards of chiffon to say "ethereal" -- it's like they don't trust the choreography or the skater to tell us the story.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
nthuz,
Regarding Jenny Kirk one of the sites reported that the strap to her dress broke in the QR.

Bosman401

Spectator
Was so nice to see Irina back, but those long skirts have got to go. They make her look far too matronly. She could have whacked off about a foot of skirt and given it to Shizuka to cover up that glaring thong butt.

soogar

Record Breaker
I liked Irina's long skirts. I thought they were especially flattering to her figure. I personally think MK needs to cover her chest. Not everyone can get away with wearing spaghetti straps and MK is just a tad bit too busty for such low cut dresses.

Eeyora

Final Flight
My favorite dresses are a tie between Michelle's new SP and Sasha's new LP although I felt Sashas lookas if se cut up Nancy's 92 costume and Oksana's Swan costume and sewn them together. Jenny Kirk's costumes were beautiful. Although her hair looked stupid. I loved Julia Sebestyn's long program dress as well.

Worst dressed: Sasha's yellow Malaguena hands down. I didn't like Arakawa's swan costume but I felt it suited the whole techno Swan Lake theme. I liked her long program dress until I saw the butt cheeks sticking out.

I still Can't decide If I like Michelles tosca Costume or not. Although It is pretty. I don't think Coral is her color. It also dxoesn't suit the music. I much preferred her lavender Topsca dress.