Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Golden Hanger Awards - Top Ladies

Sorry to disagree with this so called fun awards but the most held up was Irina but it didn't matter. She is most popular in Europe.

Joe

guinevere

Final Flight
more costumes: I liked Tot/Marin's LP costumes a lot - the lines were very nice on them.

And Babou's Matrix costume was good - portrayed the character exactly and it's a flattering cut on him.

Mikey Weiss looked like he was stuffed into that soldier's uniform for his LP - it looked uncomfortable.

I rewatched last year's Worlds today and I liked MK's gold SP dress better than either of the ones we've seen between Nat'ls and Worlds. And, as much as I detest the neckline (on front AND back), I think Sasha's black and white Swan Lake costume was better than the new white one with the netting up to her throat.

guinevere

N

nthuz

Piel said:
nthuz,
Regarding Jenny Kirk one of the sites reported that the strap to her dress broke in the QR.

Well Navka's straps stayed intact but that didn't stop her from popping out. Instead of a silver pasty like Janet, Tatiana had a little help from Reuters.

euterpe

Medalist
I don't know whether you remember it or not, but Shizuka Arakawa wore that same black costume during the Grand Prix, but it fit her then. I remember it because of the cut of the skirt, and I recall thinking how nice it looked on her because she had such slim legs and a trim butt.

I was shocked to see in the FS how ill-fitting that same costume was. Obviously, she has outgrown it. I noticed that her legs and butt are a lot larger than they were only 3 months ago. Maybe she's been working on strength training for the lower half of her body, or maybe she's just gained weight and it went to her hips and thighs.

There have been comments about the bottom part of her SP costume, too, but I didn't notice that because I was so distracted by the horrible feathers and padded shoulders up close to her face.

I think Arakawa deserves a medal for the worst-fitting costumes at Worlds 2004.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
euterpe said:
I was shocked to see in the FS how ill-fitting that same costume was. Obviously, she has outgrown it. ... I think Arakawa deserves a medal for the worst-fitting costumes at Worlds 2004.

Or, perhaps it shrunk in the wash!:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :eek:

Kateri

On the Ice
I just watched the exhibition gala, and on the costume front...

All those people saying Stavisky should get his shirt off - he must have heard you!:D Oh ok, he had an illusion-fabric vest on, but it was hard to tell. Scarier - his trousers were really quite see-through!:eek: :eek:

Michelle Kwan looked utterly gorgeous - can't remember ever seeing her look more beautiful. Love the hair long & loose.
Shizuka was stunning too.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I do not like that SP dress of Sasha Cohen's. It's the shade of the yellow.

I didn't like either of Arakawa's-agreed on the bolero jacket that wasn't thingy.

I didn't like Joannie's SP dress because of the thing around her neck.

Loved Jen Robinson's LP dress. THere's something nice about an icy lilac colour on the ice.

Hated Joubert's SP with the cogs or whatever on it.

I always hate what Plushy's wearing.

I hate that fuschia/duct tapey thing of Sandhu's. Really, really awful!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Plush gets the Dan Hollander Mrs. Doubtfire award for his transvestite routine in the gala, where he plays both the man and the girl (his hair really helps on this one!)

Maxim Stavisky gets the I was Michael Jackson's Baby award for going out in public only with his face covered by chiffon.

Shizuka gets the Long Thong LP award. I was scared to death that that over stretched scrap of fabric was going to rip and the whole costume was going to roll upward like a window blind.

Sasha gets the Mellow Yellow award, for worst use of color. Second place in this category goes to Carolina Kostner for I think it was the SP. This would be the Second Tone Mellow Yellow Award.

The Blood on the tracks literalist costume award goes to Agosto and Goncharov award (no you didn't need bullet holes and bloody rags to make it clear you are dying in this program).

Brian Joubert should skate next to the soundtrack from Pumping Iron so that all the arm pumping self celebration in the middle of the program can be fitted seamlessly into the meaning of the program. He can be weight lifting in the gym.

Nthuz, here's how to post a link from sites like Reuters. Right click on the picture, go to properties. With your left mouse botton, highlight the URL. (Be sure to scroll down to get the whole URL. This one is four lines long. It should end in .jpg, .jpeg or .gif.) Right click on the highlighted part and copy (using the drop-down menu, not your edit buttons). Paste into the GS dialogue box. Post the link, not the image, unless it is on your own server.

http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2004...6_RTRIDSP_2_SPORTS-FIGURESKATING-WORLD-DC.jpg

Are you saying that Reuters cleaned this up with an airbrush?

Mathman:)

PS. Best men's costume. Roman Kostamarov, LP.

Antilles

Medalist
Ok, I know she's not a skater, but I have to add her to the list: Michaal Weiss'wife, Lisa. She's a beautiful woman who used to dress well, but she seems to be going through an early mid-life crisis this season. She dresses like a 20 year old "working girl". What the heck did she have on in the K&C after his LP?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
DORISPULASKI said:

Brian Joubert should skate next to the soundtrack from Pumping Iron so that all the arm pumping self celebration in the middle of the program can be fitted seamlessly into the meaning of the program. He can be weight lifting in the gym.

THANK YOU. For the love of God, you'd think the boy had never landed a jump before! But it's just another way to copy Yagudin, I suppose...*sigh*

Laura :)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I didn't like Irina's dresses. In the Qualifying she had a big red heart on the front. And with those sheer panels on the side, who knows what it looked like in the back????
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040327/483/dor10703272102

Then for the long program, she wore this. But what stood out for me were the small playing cards on the front.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040327/483/dor10703272102
Dick and Peggy said in their commentary that the theme of her program was a fortune teller.

MIchael Weiss needs to burn his blue military outfit. I hated the OD outfits of Dubreil (Lauzon was fine in his military garb).
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040325/ids_photos_sp/r3164933634.jpg
Likewise Isabelle Delobel. And why did Sergei Sakhnovski have 'Rock and Roll' on on his pants in the OD????

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

soogar

Record Breaker
I loved Irina's dresses, esp the one with the heart!!! I guess I liked them b/c they looked different and had a longer skirt. Too many of the ladies are wearing the same costumes so it's always nice to see something different.

Antilles

Medalist
Ok, this will sound odd, but the mention of Dubreuil reminded me of something. I love the underwear part of her OD dress. If you look closely, they're a little longer than normal, and have some sort of trim. I thought they were cute. Of course, you'd need her butt to pull them off.

OK, but seriously ( :laugh: ). If we, and millions of people watching on TV, can see how atrocious these costumes are, why can't the skaters and their "people?" Sasha is not colorblind -- yet the yellow SP outfit!?

Wait a minute! Did Mrs. Tarasova design it? Did she also design Ilia Kulik's giraffe shirt?

Did Shizuka's dressmaker ever do an actual fitting? Or was her outfit a hand-me-down from Midori Ito.

And last but not least, about MK forgetting all that I told her about the importance of modesty in a young lady's attire, all I can say is, she must have wanted to show what she showed. She saw the pictures on the Internet after Nationals just like we did, yet she came out at Worlds in the same dress, twice. As for that gold ribbon across the top, yeah, like that's going to do anything -- like a teenager dressed up to go to a party, "But Mom, I did change into something more respectable, don't you see this gold trim?"

MM;)