Han Yan & Yuzuru Hanyu health updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
the collision in real time
it looks so scary and it happened so fast

Hanyu had blood coming from his mouth and chin wound and it looks like he was in shock after the impact.
He looked so confused after he got up how the hell they allowed him to compete

Thanks. It is very scary :disagree: I've added it to the original post.

Thanks for all the updates everyone :)

oestemiho

Spectator
TV Asahi in Japan said Yuzuru would have a detailed medical checkup when he returns to Japan on Sunday.

Ryusa5

Rinkside
more footage after
Hanyu received 7 stitched on his chin and 3 on his forehead and he's going back to Japan tomorrow,at least he knows better than to go the gala

Both of them looked so out of it after the impact that the fact that they both competed wasn't bravery but stupidity and not only theirs but to everyone surrounding them

jace93

On the Ice
http://www.thompsoncitizen.net/spor...na-after-scary-collision-in-warm-up-1.1530154

Hanyu received stiches on his head and chin and was checked for a concussion after the competition. His coach, Brian Orser, said he would fly back to Japan on Sunday to receive further treatment.

"I know that tomorrow he's going to feel like he was hit by a car," he said. "Both of these boys are going to feel awful."

Orser said he allowed Hanyu to compete because he wasn't exhibiting any physical signs of a concussion after the crash — his eyes were clear and he was speaking normally, even making jokes.

"He was immediately determined he wanted to compete, and for me, I wanted to make sure he was healthy enough," he said. "I told him, 'This is not the time to be a hero. You have to take care of yourself.'"

Orser's quotes from the press conference after the Free skate

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why? if he is okay and can recover in time why shouldn't he compete in the NHK trophy?
We don't know if his head is alright though. He might be smiling right now. But concussion in the head might not take effect right away.

When I was a child, once I fell and hit my head directly onto the ground. I thought I'd die. I know how bad it might be. My head was still on the cloud months after that accident.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Just sending my good vibes out to both of them, don't really care at all about the scores/placements/whatever right now. Just hoping they take the next few weeks to rest and get better.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Yuzuru in hospital, on wheelchair: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152479068827444&set=gm.10152795398148490&type=1
He looks happy but I think he need further medical examination and treatment.

If he still plans to compete at NHK, I'd say one word: CRAZY.

Thanks for linking :)

Just sending my good vibes out to both of them, don't really care at all about the scores/placements/whatever right now. Just hoping they take the next few weeks to rest and get better.

:thumbsup:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Maybe Meoima forgets NHK is the last GP event this year instead of being right after COC.

Yuzuru seemed to have recovered sooner than Han, who collapsed for quite a while even though he had gotten up from the ice first.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Maybe Meoima forgets NHK is the last GP event this year instead of being right after COC.

Yuzuru seemed to have recovered sooner than Han, who collapsed for quite a while even though he had gotten up from the ice first.

I read Han came out of the hospital earlier and he put up a status on his social media regarding the incident.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I said I hit my head DIRECTLY onto the ground when I was a child. It hurt terribly but I stood up right after the fall. I know how it felt.

Months after that I still felt pain and could hardly concentrate because of that fall. So I recommend BOTH boys withdraw from GP series. Getting into GPF doesn't worth it.

Barb

Record Breaker
I said I hit my head DIRECTLY onto the ground when I was a child. It hurt terribly but I stood up right after the fall. I know how it felt.

Months after that I still felt pain and could hardly concentrate because of that fall. So I recommend BOTH boys withdraw from GP series. Getting into GPF doesn't worth it.

I think doctors should to decide this.

Lota

Record Breaker
What I'd like to know is how the hell did they get those cuts? It looks as if Yuzuru was cut by a blade, but no blades were involved as far as I can see. Seriously though, it looks as if someone's slashed his neck.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
the ice is rough. Even a small cut to the face or head will bleed heavily. They both hit their chin at some point. I think Hanyu may have bitten his lip or tongue as blood was coming from his mouth. Horrible.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
What I'd like to know is how the hell did they get those cuts? It looks as if Yuzuru was cut by a blade, but no blades were involved as far as I can see. Seriously though, it looks as if someone's slashed his neck.

It looked like he crashed on the ice with his chin, this caused the cut on the chin and head (saw blood on his forehead too).

Pamigena

Record Breaker
We don't know if his head is alright though. He might be smiling right now. But concussion in the head might not take effect right away.
That's right, we do not know, so maybe we could stop talking like he's already brain dead?

makaihime

Final Flight
Yuzuru will fly back to Japan on the 9th (Sunday) to undergo further medical treatment and check ups. After getting injured, a hemostatic agent was used to stop the bleeding when undergoing first aid, later allowing him to continue skating. Afterwards, a doctor from the American team gave him 7 stitches, and the right upper right ear was also checked and treated. It also seems that he has pulled a muscle in his left leg, and has been wheeled on a wheelchair back to the dorms (the hotel?). Yuzuru and Orser had discussed going back on to the ice after being briefly checked over by a doctor at the scene.

From 羽生結弦資訊台

cr: 311mi

Ugh....he injured himself even more during that program.

Lota

Record Breaker
It looked like he crashed on the ice with his chin, this caused the cut on the chin and head (saw blood on his forehead too).

Oh. Makes sense. Now that I look at it Yuzuru hit Han Yan's chest/shoulder area really hard, also explains why Han Yan was holding on to it later on...

Status
Not open for further replies.