Has anyone heard more detail on the level features for spins this year? | Golden Skate

Has anyone heard more detail on the level features for spins this year?

sk8rgrl3

Rinkside
Has anyone heard more detail on the level features for spins this year?

Can anyone clarify the new spin rules for IJS this year? I was just at a PSA state workshop and was told that the position of the free foot i.e. sit spin foot in front, can only be used once in a program. That includes basic sit, pancake, etc.. it is now the free foot that determines the position..to the side and behind to be used in sit spins...also, can that feature be used on both feet or just one? Thanks!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Re: Has anyone heard more detail on the level features for spins this year?

They are correct that it can only be used once per program and that means once, not twice. Cannonball/mushroom/tuck/pancake are all the same (these have the same core change) while the twist is different (think Wagner's sit with her body twisted and hand up while she's looking at it). It's not foot position, it's core change that dictates the feature.

vlaurend

Final Flight

Mskater, are you sure? I thought cannonball and pancake counted as different variations.

mskater93

Record Breaker

Not any more - all the spins with body tuck are "the same feature" according to her.

vlaurend

Final Flight

Clarifications are usually posted sometime during the summer. Hopefully, they will address these variations and make it less confusing!

Last edited: