Have my blades been sharpened wrong? | Golden Skate

Have my blades been sharpened wrong?

lucyskates

Rinkside
So I’ve noticed this sort of kink in my blades near the toe-pick and it might just be me overthinking but they seem to look a bit off? I thought they were meant to just be like one solid curve?

I’m skating on them okay and my spins are fine I think, was just wondering what people thought as I’ve compared it to my friend’s who have the same blades (Coro Ace) and mine seem to be the only ones that have this weird indent kink thing in them?

Elija

On the Ice
Yeah they look a bit uneven. Can see the sharpenable steel is thicker in some places than others. Are both blades like that?

Elija

On the Ice
Oh no :/ at least you can still skate in them I guess. I would definitely try to find someone better to sharpen them next time. I had this happen when I first moved to a new city and didn’t know who to take them to. The edges were completely uneven and like yours they had not kept the pressure the same for the length of the blade, it was horrible. I kind of just forced myself to adjust to them, but when I got them sharpened properly the next time (after I got a coach and they were able to recommend someone reputable) it was like magic how much better they felt.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Find a better skate tech, and have them fixed/re-sharpened. Where are you in this world? We could possibly suggest someone better.