Highest scores & analysis - Men | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Highest scores & analysis - Men

Meoima

Match Penalty
He's already trained before but it was never brought to competition, they said 3S is not his strongest jump so it was kind of a question mark. Maybe he stopped before the Olympics to focus on what he already had, not sure.
I've heard about his 4S. But maybe the didn't want to risk falling too much so he left it out. But I guess he will need another quad in the competitive programs in case he wants to go for the next Olympic. After all, all the guys are going for 3 quads a long. What a trend. :bang:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I've heard about his 4S. But maybe the didn't want to risk falling too much so he left it out. But I guess he will need another quad in the competitive programs in case he wants to go for the next Olympic. After all, all the guys are going for 3 quads a long. What a trend. :bang:

If he works at it I think he can get it but what he really needs is a technical coach to fix his 3A, Yuzuru has been head and shoulders above the rest because he can land quads but at the same time his 3As with the bonus and GOE are worth more than a quad, so like... 5 quads next season :jaw: 2 quads and a wonky 3A will hardly phase Yuzuru+Javi

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If he works at it I think he can get it but what he really needs is a technical coach to fix his 3A, Yuzuru has been head and shoulders above the rest because he can land quads but at the same time his 3As with the bonus and GOE are worth more than a quad, so like... 5 quads next season :jaw: 2 quads and a wonky 3A will hardly phase Yuzuru+Javi

So far Kevin Reynolds is the only on that has done 5 quads in one competition aka: the first. But however, in the future we can certainly see more male skaters being able to do 5 quads in one competition. Maybe not this season because they first have to be able to do 2 quads in a SP and Reynolds is also the first and only one to have done this.

But I expect in the future to see new training techniques that will get the men skaters more strength and endurance.

jace93

On the Ice
So far Kevin Reynolds is the only on that has done 5 quads in one competition aka: the first. But however, in the future we can certainly see more male skaters being able to do 5 quads in one competition. Maybe not this season because they first have to be able to do 2 quads in a SP and Reynolds is also the first and only one to have done this.

But I expect in the future to see new training techniques that will get the men skaters more strength and endurance.

this coming season Fernandez should also have planned a 2 quad short program, so I think he will be the next one to land 5 quad (and probably pop a triple and lose to someone else... :cry: I hope to be proved wrong)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
this coming season Fernandez should also have planned a 2 quad short program, so I think he will be the next one to land 5 quad (and probably pop a triple and lose to someone else... :cry: I hope to be proved wrong)

I don't know...it's going to take a lot and be a big risk. Maybe it's time for Kevin not to be the only one. He'll forever remain the first to do so. ;):party:

But yes I expect in the future more people to do so.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

I'm talking about the points value of the jump, Yuzuru can make 5 of his jumps worth 10+ points

I don't want to see 5 quads unless it's consistent, at this point I wouldn't encourage it, if we see more and more quads I bet the time skaters will spend competing will get shorter and shorter due to injuries.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm talking about the points value of the jump, Yuzuru can make 5 of his jumps worth 10+ points

I don't want to see 5 quads unless it's consistent, at this point I wouldn't encourage it, if we see more and more quads I bet the time skaters will spend competing will get shorter and shorter due to injuries.

Exactly, that's why I'm iffy about skaters trying to do that many quads in a competition. Because of the endurance of the skaters. That many rotations and that many of those jumps with that amount of rotations make it more likely for a skater to fall or underrotate. They're more likely going to tire out.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't know...it's going to take a lot and be a big risk. Maybe it's time for Kevin not to be the only one. He'll forever remain the first to do so. ;):party:

But yes I expect in the future more people to do so.

Technically, both of Kevin's SP quads were UR, so he still has yet to land 5 cleanly. But it's still impressive.

Not to mention, it's impressive how many of the men are (at least saying they will be) upping their tech game to 4+ quads over both programs.