Highlights for 2015 in skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Highlights for 2015 in skating

slider11

Medalist
Shibs FD to "Fix You", Kavaguti and Smirnov's LP to "Manfred Symphony", Chan's SP to Buble even though he hasn't skated it well - he just floats!, Gilles and Poirier's SD-quirky and innovative, Javi's uplifting personality on and off the ice-he's a champion!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
1. Yuzu...the eternal king
2. S/K and their SPELLBINDING LP performance at GPF
3. Mao coming back and showing how a real lady skates
4. V/T showing who are the real pairs skaters
5. Shoma proving my predictions had merit (not only making the Final but making the PODIUM)
6. Patrick's costume showing off his meaty body
7. Radio and her hot, hot mess of a long program
8. The royal wedding

:love::luv17::yahoo:

kwanette

Final Flight
For me, Adam Rippon's FS in Greensboro. To be in the arena that day was a gift for this forever Adam fan..

Others: Grant Hochstein's FS at NHK, Pang/Tong Worlds FS

And many others mentioned above..

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Eye-popping moments for me in 2015.

The 4CC, Euros, and Worlds were in the 2014-15 season.

* Denis Ten's glorious victory at 4CC; I doubted his abilities (so unpredictable), he blew my concern away
* Yan Han and Joshua Farris' big redemption by winning their medal at 4CC after struggles with injuries
* Polina Edmund's victory at 4CC: surprised, totally unexpected (with help by Gold's unbelievable fallout)
* Gavaguti/Smironov's victory over Stolbova/Klimov at Euro; Stolbova's attitude was hilarious.
* Papadakis/Cizeron became World Champions from 13th at the previous Worlds
* Liza Tuktamysheva's clean and perfect 3A landing with another clean three triples; should've been WR
* Pang/Tong's beautiful and fairy-taleish farewell at Worlds

Junior Grand Prix series

* Tsurskaya's huge jumps at JGP; a true Russian jumping phenom after Liza Tuktamysheva.
* Marin Honda's beautiful presentations at JGP
* Nathan Chen and Coach Rafael; so cute together
* Dmitri Aliev; sleek but powerful skating.

Grand Prix series

* Boyang Jin's 4lutz+3toe-loop landing at his first senior debut; historic and sensational
* Gracie Gold's FS at Skate America; should've won the title.
* Patrick Chan's FS at Skate Canada; shockingly beautiful
* Shibutanies' FD at Skate Canada: should've been the winner
* Rika Hongo's both programs at Cup of China; should've been the winner. Her performances were a joy to watch
* The whole Paris attacks and the following TEB cancellation were mournful but the overall quality of the pair's SP competition was amazing.
* Kolyada's FS at Rostelecom; I was pleasantly surprised and starting to pay attention to the young talent
* Capellini/Lanotte at Rostelecom; I began to like the lovely team
* Yuzuru Hanyu's WR at 322 point; just shocked by the huge number itself though. The next WR breaking was not that surprising.
* Ashley Wagner's big comeback with a strong FS at GPF; should've been on the podium
* Satoko Miyahara's winning a GPF silver with refined performances; glad to see she proved her silver at Worlds was not a fluke.
* Again, Shibutanis at GPF; they were the champions in my eyes.

Other competitions and Nationals so far

* Denis Ten's super comeback at Golden Spin; what a great musicality he has. His performances made me keep thinking about his intention and artistry. That is a rare quality found in skaters these days.
* Anna Pogorilaya proven as a competitor; kind of a hilarious thing to see that she beat Sotnikova twice in a year.
* Again, Kolyada at Nationals; He reminds me of how glorious the days were when the Russian men dominated the world. Their quality couldn't be comparable with the current Russian ladies. I hope he and Russian boys rekindle the old glory.
* Bobrova/Soloviev; good to see them back.
* Wakaba Higuchi's 2nd at Nationals; this talented young girl's sheer athleticism drew my eyes.

In sum up, my best of the best in 2015

Denis Ten, Boyang Jin, Mikhail Kolyada, Shibutanies, Polina Tsurskaya, and Marin Honda.
I enjoyed watching junior ladies' events much more than senior ladies' these days.

I believe the very best is yet to comes since this is still in the middle of the season.

Last edited:

donezo

On the Ice
In no particular order...

1. Papadakis/Cizeron winning Worlds
2. Ashley Wagner having the long program of her career at Nationals a year after the 2014 nightmare.
3. Denis Ten winning 4CC.
4. Josh Farris winning the silver at 4CC.
5. Jason Brown's beautiful performances at World Team Trophy.
6. Kavaguti/Smirnov winning Euros.
7. Hanyu at the Grand Prix Final.
8. Stolbova/Klimov silencing the doubters at Rostelecom...and then backing it up in the Final.
9. Tukamysheva landing the triple axel at Worlds.
10. Cats girl at Russian Nationals slaying my entire life!