Hogwarts Tournament of FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Hogwarts Tournament of FS

Izabela

On the Ice
I was silent the whole time about the whole sorting thing, but not this time. How can y'all watch Wakaba Higuchi's Skyfall and still say that she is a Slytherin when that is the most Gryffindor program I've watched. I need proper explanation.

ETA: @yoloaxel: Thanks for doing this, btw! It will make the season more enjoyable to follow~ :thumbsup:

TeamTCC

Rinkside
For Hufflepuff for me the two head boys and girls in my opinion is Jason & Boyang for the boys & Alina & Kaori for the girls

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I agree with no juniors as prefects, I think for Gryffindor Javi and Kaetlyn, for Hufflepuff Jason and Kaori (if it could be two boys Jason and Keegan) since I think Alina is too young, for Ravenclaw Nathan and Carolina (if it could be two girls Carolina and Satoko), and for Slytherin Yuzu and Zhenya for sure.
Also, I could see Brian as a Transfiguration teacher, Mishin as a History of Magic teacher, Lambiel as a Charms teacher and Eteri as a Potions or Arithmancy teacher.

Mie Hamada for Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

Mamamiia

Medalist
That's true, but I don't know, it just feels weird to put her as a prefect when she is 16 and Jason is 23, same for Carolina being 31 and Nathan 18, I just think it would make more sense for older people to be the prefects in this case since skaters do not range just between the ages of 11 and 17 (18 for some because of the war) like in HP.

Nathan turned 19 in May...just saying...

Fluture

Record Breaker
I was silent the whole time about the whole sorting thing, but not this time. How can y'all watch Wakaba Higuchi's Skyfall and still say that she is a Slytherin when that is the most Gryffindor program I've watched. I need proper explanation.

ETA: @yoloaxel: Thanks for doing this, btw! It will make the season more enjoyable to follow~ :thumbsup:

I guess it‘s because she herself identifies as a Slytherin. In the pics with Zhenya and Kaori, she was always dressing like a Slytherin, whereas Zhenya and Kaori had red and yellow scarves, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, respectively.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
I guess it‘s because she herself identifies as a Slytherin. In the pics with Zhenya and Kaori, she was always dressing like a Slytherin, whereas Zhenya and Kaori had red and yellow scarves, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, respectively.
And she’s ambitious: said she was going to get 210 points at Worlds and she did, and got a silver medal to boot. Then she immediately went and decided that next time she wants the gold.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And she’s ambitious: said she was going to get 210 points at Worlds and she did, and got a silver medal to boot. Then she immediately went and decided that next time she wants the gold.

And she has officially kicked off the 4 years of revenge tour:devil:

I’m all about it!!

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I agree to no junior prefects, but I think any senior is fine :) this is a game after all!

I could make it, but what's the voting pool?

Well, actually, can someone explain to me how any of these people aren't brave/smart/hard-working/ambitious? Really, this Hogwarts sorting system is pretty juvenile, when you really look at it. I do like the reductio ad absurdium look at it, though: good guys into Gryffindor, bad guys into Slytherin, and the irrelevants into the other two.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
We probably should do a prefect vote thingy.
You wanna do it or I do it (can only do later tonight though)?

Shouldn’t we wait until we have everyone sorted though? Or do we want to go with the most voted in each house? 🙈

Ulrica

On the Ice
I could make it, but what's the voting pool?

Well, actually, can someone explain to me how any of these people aren't brave/smart/hard-working/ambitious? Really, this Hogwarts sorting system is pretty juvenile, when you really look at it. I do like the reductio ad absurdium look at it, though: good guys into Gryffindor, bad guys into Slytherin, and the irrelevants into the other two.

It's a children/teen book series, there's no point in looking too deep into it, it's just for fun.

moriel

Record Breaker
Shouldn’t we wait until we have everyone sorted though? Or do we want to go with the most voted in each house? 🙈

I dunno, I mean, the prefects will be probably well known folks anyways..
Or we can wait =D

i dunno

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's a children/teen book series, there's no point in looking too deep into it, it's just for fun.

totally agree... this is just for fun!!! :) and we can tweak things as long as it's fun and makes us happy... i mean... how dare we sorting the skaters ourselves, without a sorting hat? Shame on us!!!! :laugh2:

cohen-esque

Final Flight
This thread isn’t the place for it but it’s an interesting thing to consider about the HP universe— the House selection system sucks. There’s a reason why pretty much every Slytherin we see in the books is a terrible human being.

This thread isn’t the place for it but it’s an interesting thing to consider about the HP universe— the House selection system sucks. There’s a reason why pretty much every Slytherin we see in the books is a terrible human being.

It could be a le cafe thread.

The House selection system is based on far too simple characteristics. LOL it can probably be related to the CoP in terms of how it brings out the absolute worst from FS and has made it spiral downwards into absolute chaos.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I dunno, I mean, the prefects will be probably well known folks anyways..
Or we can wait =D

i dunno

I think the 6 most voted people should be prefects, and we should vote between them for head of house... it just seems more convenient, and that way we know that late additions won't have as many votes anyway

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Sooooo now that the GP assignments are out, should we finish the sorting\add the last few skaters and then make it official? :D

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
aah, one more day please as I forgot about this in the rush of the last days? :palmf:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Done :) Is the 'send next response' button supposed to be there? Because clicking on this took me back to the blank voting form again after I sent my votes, huh.