How did you pick your user name? | Golden Skate

How did you pick your user name?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Mine's very obvious. I love being a great gramma.
Also, there are some I wonder how to pronounce so you might tell that too.
I'm trying to get my mind off snakes before I go to bed.

evenstar

Final Flight
Let me see... I really don't know! I personally don't like my title, Evenstar!:no: Oh well. I think it was just random. Maybe I watched LOTR one time too many?:laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I already believe I told you Grganny. A friend of mine from India and I were coming up with a "handle" 6 years ago and basically abbreviated my name. It came mainly because of my nicknames growing up, Buzz, and Seani with the first 2 letters of my last name. Other things too, but it basically comes from my names.

Evenstar I kinda like. :thumbsup:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My real nickname is Dee and 4707 is a number I remember. Usually when I put Dee down as my User name I get a message that says that name is already used. I've had no trouble with Dee4707.

Dee:biggrin: :biggrin:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Mine is a conglomeration of my first and middle names, and then modified. You can call me Jonny on this board, but NEVER TO MY FACE. :laugh: I go by my middle name anyway so it rarely happens.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Piel pronounced PL... my first and middle name initials for Patti Lynne. How I got the name? A boyfriend from college had a habit of calling people by their initials and always called me P.L. I left a message with his secretary to call P.L. and she wrote the message as "call Piel".

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
Piel pronounced PL... my first and middle name initials for Patti Lynne. How I got the name? A boyfriend from college had a habit of calling people by their initials and always called me P.L. I left a message with his secretary to call P.L. and she wrote the message as "call Piel".
I love that Piel, I always wondered what your username meant or how it came about. A guy I work with calls me by my initials, first and last name, which is D.E.

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
When I first started posting on boards (maybe '03/'04) I had a bit of a set to with a moderator who hated Michelle Kwan & everything she stood for... of course, as a new poster, I got very pissed and went on the attack... of course, I was banned. The final straw was a very nasty post ~ at which time I was called a Kwanford Wife - a step beyond an uber because my fandom wasn't based in reality but by a lack of reality AND obvious drug use. I thought that was the funniest thing ever & have been Kwanford Wife ever since... when life gives you lemons, make lemonade... :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kwanford Wife, that's interesting. I like to call you KW. I wonder why Mathman hasn't joined in to tell us how he got his name. :laugh: :laugh: Red Dog is another one, why Red Dog, why Mathman???? Why anything????:laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: I need to stop reading Grgranny's thread--Help, a snake---It's making me crazy.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was wondering the same about RD and MM. Well I am fairly sure MM is a Physics or Mathematics professor, and Red Dog is a beer I remember his avatar from back in the late 90s. I guess I could call myself Guinness.

Dee, I wondered where that number came from.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Ptichka means "little birdie" in Russian. It's often used as a diminiative, and it's what my husband often calls me.

heyang

Record Breaker
Most of my friends greet me 'Hey, Ang!' - as opposed to Hello/Hi, Angie. thus the user name.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's part of my first and middle names ... :) it's a nickname I have had since I was a toddler... it started because of my own doing, but my family thought it was cute

I just started using it again during my senior year... so I haven't always used it... before I was Hamilton_BrowningFan which was a way of saying I was a fan of Scott Hamilton and Kurt Browning... but everyone thought I was from Hamilton and was a Kurt fan lol

Dee4707 said:
Kwanford Wife, that's interesting. I like to call you KW. I wonder why Mathman hasn't joined in to tell us how he got his name. :laugh: :laugh: Red Dog is another one, why Red Dog, why Mathman???? Why anything????:laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: I need to stop reading Grgranny's thread--Help, a snake---It's making me crazy.

Dee

I think Mathman is because he teaches math... and he's a bit obsessed with numbers (well in my eyes it looks like obsession lol)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Besides figure skating, hockey is my passion. I grew up in Saint Louis, MO (STL) and I am a huge fan of the STL NHL affiliate team, the St. Louis Blues (who in turn got named for the blues music that the city is/was known for). Now that I live in the land of the Sabres, Devils, Rangers, Bruins and Icelanders, I felt it was important to show that "I bleed blue" (i.e., I am a Blues fan!)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ptichka said:
Ptichka means "little birdie" in Russian. It's often used as a diminiative, and it's what my husband often calls me.
Ptichka, how do you pronounce your name?? Is it like Pitch-ka??

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
When I was widowed 16 years ago, I didn't want to whine or cry or wring my hands looking for sympathy from others. I was determined to become independent & look at widowhood as the last, great adventure of my life. So, I put a smile on my face & accepted my new life. It wasn't always easy & some people have criticized me for not mourning more publicly but that's ok. I've been successful in achieving the goals I set out for myself & truly am a "Merry Widow", altho it's not, as some might suppose, that I'm a partyer. I'm not, but I am a happy woman.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
seanibu said:
I guess I could call myself Guinness.

Me too!
If you've read many of my posts, it should be obvious why I chose "rave-n-rant" as a screen name! :laugh:
I've had this screen name since the dawn of the internet. It's just so perfectly me.
xoxo
Rave