How did you pick your user name? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

How did you pick your user name?

John King

Final Flight
Well I consider myself lucky since my birth name is different than what my parents intended to name me:Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern Schplenden Schlitter Crasscrenbon Fried Digger Dingle Dangle Dongle Dungle Burstein Von Knackle thrasher Applebanger Horowitz Ticolensic Grander Knotty Spelltinkle Grandlich Grumbelmeyer Spelterwasser Kurslitch Himble-eeison Bahnwagon Gutenabend Bit Ein Nurnburger Bratwustle Gerspurten Mitz Weimach Luber Hundsfut Gumberaber Shonendanker Kalbsfleisch Mittler Aucher Von Hautkopft of Ulm.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
evenstar said:
Let me see... I really don't know! I personally don't like my title, Evenstar!:no: Oh well. I think it was just random. Maybe I watched LOTR one time too many?:laugh:

Evenstar - that's not so bad. I use Ladstar sometimes.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
John King said:
Well I consider myself lucky since my birth name is different than what my parents intended to name me:Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern Schplenden Schlitter Crasscrenbon Fried Digger Dingle Dangle Dongle Dungle Burstein Von Knackle thrasher Applebanger Horowitz Ticolensic Grander Knotty Spelltinkle Grandlich Grumbelmeyer Spelterwasser Kurslitch Himble-eeison Bahnwagon Gutenabend Bit Ein Nurnburger Bratwustle Gerspurten Mitz Weimach Luber Hundsfut Gumberaber Shonendanker Kalbsfleisch Mittler Aucher Von Hautkopft of Ulm.

:rofl: :rofl: Okay - good one.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
That's a bit reminiscent of Steve Martin's character in the movie "The Man With Two Brains

:clap:

I dated a girl in High school who's name was Jillian Marie Elizabeth Daphne Torinio. I am glad she was OK with Jill.

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
John King said:

I was waiting for this! Nice to see another Python fan on the boards.
Rave

PS: weren't you the one who posted the lyrics to "Marathon" a while back? Nice to see another Rush fan, too!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
JFiguresk8 said:
Hey, my name is Jillian, and my middle name is Marie. But, NOBODY calls me Jill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Is there an emoticon that is cowering in a corner?

Sorry, I meant that she went by Jill and I was lucky she didn't want me to say her whole name all the time - and a note that she did have me know her name so well that it is over 15 years later and I still remember it. IMO I prefer whole names, not abbreviations, so if she didn't want to be called Jill I would have called her Jillian - it is a wonderful name.

Alsace

On the Ice
I was studying French at the time I joined. My middle name is Lorraine, so I thought that Alsace would be easy to remember.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Completely random but I have a cousin named Jillian... we've always called her Jilli-bean

I swear my family just likes humiliating nicknames lol

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
JFiguresk8 said:
I've had people call me that already! And some people also call me Willy.

Go Figure

I have a friend name Jillian, we used to call her Jilli-billy or... Willy, so I guess it's common.

euterpe

Medalist
EUTERPE is the muse of music and lyric poetry, as well as joy and pleasure, in Greek mythology. Just about right for a figure skating discussion board.

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
This is really dorky, but I skate great and I graduate in '08. And it has exactly 8 letters, so it can fit on my liscence plate. :biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sk8Gr808 said:
This is really dorky, but I skate great and I graduate in '08. And it has exactly 8 letters, so it can fit on my liscence plate. :biggrin:

Good luck on the license plate. Colorado has some weird regulations. You would think it could just be 7 or 8 characters - if they fit but Nooooo.
My ex and I wanted to have a song title of mine 22B12. But it was impossible to try and fit the regulations. 2TOB12 22B1TOO, we couldn't get anything to work that fit and fit their regulations too. Having a certain amount of letter / characters - where they're next to each other apart, how many of each. Pain in the patooty man! I would find out what the requirements are.

BTW Sk8Gr808, That is a pretty good name, self confident to be sure.:laugh:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I'm a little obsessed with Russia and royal history. Plus, I want to be a princess. And since my name is Ann, I just changed it to it's russian counterpart. :)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
in Russian, the princess is either "prinsessa" or "czarevna". Quenn would be "czaritza".

not being picky or anything :)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
STL_Blues_fan said:
in Russian, the princess is either "prinsessa" or "czarevna". Quenn would be "czaritza".

not being picky or anything :)

I know Czarina is Queen.
And there are variations. :) Princess is "Printzessa". Pretty close!:)