I may do some LIVE coverage after all | Golden Skate

I may do some LIVE coverage after all

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Actually, I really don't mind doing it. It's just when I get the time. I thought it would just be fun to have the results here considering we can make comments during coverage.

shine

Record Breaker
Couldn't anyone just go to the ISU results page and look up the scores, and post their comments here at the same time? What's the point of a "live coverage"?

Here's what's cool about the live coverage. If you can't be on line while the contest is going on, then the next day you can read the whole thread in order and follow how the competition unfolded.

That's great fun, to me. So-and-so is currently in third place, but what's-her-name is coming up next and might knock her off the podium! It brings in the excitement of the sport, rather than just read who won after the fact.

Mathman

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm with you Mathman....

I too enjoy reading the "play by play" even if it's after the event is over. I'm sure everyone doesn't feel that way, but for me it's as close as I can come to being there.

DG

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
If they would rather go to the other site, just do it. They don't have to read this site if they don't want to.

Hikaru

Final Flight
I was at the ISU link checking the results for the pairs. zagorska and siudek withdrew :cry: , does anybody know what happen to them?? ever since Tatiana's accident, whenever I see that a pair has withdrawn I get a little nervous...

Gr8Sk8s

Rinkside
Hikaru said:
I was at the ISU link checking the results for the pairs. zagorska and siudek withdrew :cry: , does anybody know what happen to them?? ever since Tatiana's accident, whenever I see that a pair has withdrawn I get a little nervous...

I think we posted at the same time... i just asked the same question in "Pairs SP". I hope that they didn't fall so badly like Tatiana at Skate America 🇳🇴

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
In the SP, Dorota was complaining that she wasn't feelimg well, hence the placement. I hope they get better. They are luck considering its their non-scoring event.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
If they would rather go to the other site, just do it. They don't have to read this site if they don't want to.

well, I enjoy this site for all the comments that people make. I kind of get excited when I see 12 posts for, say a men's FS, but then it's really more like 3 posts - the rest is the updates that I followed myself on the isu.org. I realize some people enjoy the "live" coverage but for some it gets a bit too distracting and busy at times, though I understand that Sailor has the best intentions.

Also, I can't access goldenskate forum from work (isu is not a problem, thank goodness!) so I really look forward to coming home and going to GS and seeing what people have to say. So it kind of not a fair comment! I do want to read this site!

Yana

JOHIO2

Medalist
SailorG,

Thanks for doing the "live" updates. I'm with Mathman...they are kinda fun to check and give me a chance to visualize the competition without being glued to the isu site mid-competition.